[Ask the Dev] Elemental Equilibrium Keystone

Thank you raic000 and mokschi for answers that's all I wanted to know.
After playing through out the game, i realized that EE is actually next to useless end game. Everyone seems to be using elemental auras which adds element to your attacks. and if you attack, you actually make it harder for the team.

So final note on EE, i find it IMO to be a solo class build (if your using it) and isnt worth it. Dont get me wrong, i would love to use it and tried several builds to go around it, but in the end there so much against it that its not really worth the hassle.

I hope the Dev will do something about this, if not, its just going to remain a node that no one will use eventually

Thanks!
"
ninpohado wrote:
After playing through out the game, i realized that EE is actually next to useless end game. Everyone seems to be using elemental auras which adds element to your attacks. and if you attack, you actually make it harder for the team.

So final note on EE, i find it IMO to be a solo class build (if your using it) and isnt worth it. Dont get me wrong, i would love to use it and tried several builds to go around it, but in the end there so much against it that its not really worth the hassle.

I hope the Dev will do something about this, if not, its just going to remain a node that no one will use eventually

Thanks!

Indeed, and I suggested to change the buff part from resistance into damage.
Eg. Attack with Cold damage, +10% Cold damage within 5 seconds, -25% Fire and Lightning resistance.

Basically you are temporary converting your resistance into damage.

Edit:
Also, EE should locate at the very top of the passive tree, and replace Curse. Curse should be closer for Shadow, so they can make use of debuffs.

Edit 2:
Ok, mis-read from the skill tree (I guess I zoomed out too much and couldn't see `Enemies`).

Tested with Ice Spear with Added Lightning and Cold To Fire support. I can envision this could be very powerful with Iron Will on my Templar.
Last edited by markshiu on Aug 17, 2012, 11:39:57 AM
"
ninpohado wrote:

Thanks!

I disagree for the most part. What you are right about is though, that this is a very specialized keystone that will very rarely be used (like pain attunement and acrobatics, but that's a different topic).

Now about your critique.
You seem to forget that hitting with 2 or 3 elements will not give any drawback and I recommend never to use EE with only 1 element. However, it's true that your super-nifty EE-combo can get destroyed this way which speeks for solo play. That is, of course, if you use attacks. This is not true for your spell combos which are uneffected by your party.

However, in general I think reducing any one of the resistances by 50% should make everybody in the party happy. Also, keep in mind that EE only affects your skills, not your party members'.

"
Eg. Attack with Cold damage, +10% Cold damage within 5 seconds, -25% Fire and Lightning resistance.

This I don't understand. You mean, you take more cold damage? Or do you mean your cold res is reduced?
Last edited by mokschi on Aug 17, 2012, 11:44:25 AM
Actually I find EE in group-play a lot more usefull than while soloing.

Basically EE means, that I could buff other DPs. Just take a wand-witch with elemental hit, normally doing all types of damage (since you could easily get some Lightning, Cold and Firedamage in addition to the Elemental Hit Damage).

For Elemental Hit EE is unimportant. Well, it actually is a bonus, since the enemy is weak to two elementals and resistant to the other, which means that I have a 2/3 chance of getting the weak element and a 1/3 to get the strong.

But if I have an Ice-Witch, a Lightning-Strike Marauder etc. with me, I could decrease Ice and Fire-Resistance for them with a Fireball and just continue to attack with Elemental hit which will not change the Weakness, since it has all elements attached.
"
mokschi wrote:

"

This I don't understand. You mean, you take more cold damage? Or do you mean your cold res is reduced?

I mean if you can read my "Edit 2" section, where I stated that I mis-read the skill description.
"
I disagree for the most part. What you are right about is though, that this is a very specialized keystone that will very rarely be used (like pain attunement and acrobatics, but that's a different topic).

Now about your critique.
You seem to forget that hitting with 2 or 3 elements will not give any drawback and I recommend never to use EE with only 1 element. However, it's true that your super-nifty EE-combo can get destroyed this way which speeks for solo play. That is, of course, if you use attacks. This is not true for your spell combos which are uneffected by your party.

However, in general I think reducing any one of the resistances by 50% should make everybody in the party happy. Also, keep in mind that EE only affects your skills, not your party members'.

Last i check, you can actually hit with 2 element and EE would still be in effect decreasing by 50% instead of 25%.

that's good and all but the point im getting at is that nearly every piece of equipement (at higher levels) adds some sort of elemental damaged which affects your skills. Also i agree that EE would be amazing for team play, but it seems like everyone at higher levels is using elemental auras which adds to your skills as well. and since you cant remove a party members aura on you, then your just a nuissance to the team.

If the dev could make it so that only our elements on our characters are the ones affecting EE then that would be a different thing though.

Again i love the skill, dont get me wrong. I just cant see it effective at higher levels where everyone has team auras that affects you as well which in terms screws any combo you wanna do.
"
ninpohado wrote:
that's good and all but the point im getting at is that nearly every piece of equipement (at higher levels) adds some sort of elemental damaged which affects your skills. Also i agree that EE would be amazing for team play, but it seems like everyone at higher levels is using elemental auras which adds to your skills as well. and since you cant remove a party members aura on you, then your just a nuissance to the team.

This is 'only' true for weapon attacks.... So you use EE with Spells. Problem solved.
Sorry, if I sound like a broaken record, but adding elements to your attack cannot have a negative effect unless you want to hit with physical only in which case EE is plain stupid to take. You will NEVER become a nuisance as long as you only decrease the resistance. and again, it could only destroy your EE combo and your party won't care.
changing the effect, so that your damage gets increased might be fine actually, put I personally like the resistance mechanic because it's multiplicative with your damage AND others can also benefit from it.
lastly, of course you can just use spells to reduce resistances and then attack with all three elements. that's what works very well for me.
Hi, first thanks for the thread, it's helps a lot.

Still, some question remind as it's not easy to be sure EE is working as intended in game. I hope the answer is not already in here i did read the all thread, i hope i won't look stupid in the next minutes. ^^

So first one, EE is buff right not a curse ? So mobs that are resistant to curse will be affected by the 25% malus right ?

Also, minions are doing independent damage of yours, so EE won't be affected by them, is that the same deal with totem ? Totem are using your skills so the answer isn't that obvious for me.

Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info