worthless standtard roa garbage guide

Hi all. I revised my build this morning with reference to the post. but found myself weaker than before.......Would you anyone mind go to http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/310151 advise me how i can do better????

I was using LA before but then switched to LOA now. found myself DPS much lower than before..........
Last edited by s0310073 on Apr 3, 2013, 6:35:44 AM
Any verdict on difference between Glare and high end elemental imperial/thicket bow? I'm at the point where i need to choose what to buy.
IGN: Unsaj
So pam when are youu going to start streaming :P
pam how do u set up ur auras? do u put anger/wrath on blood magic?
"
kuja900 wrote:
pam how do u set up ur auras? do u put anger/wrath on blood magic?
You equip Covenant or Malachai's Simula and cast Grace, Wrath and Anger, than you remove it and cast Purity,Determination and Vitality (+ Hatred once you can support 4).
IGN: Unsaj
Since Physical Dmg is the wealth of your dps in this build, wouldn't a Quill Rain be a very viable option? That 100% increased Attack Speed could outweigh the Phys Dmg bonus if you adjust your gear.
Last edited by Daze on Apr 4, 2013, 11:22:29 AM
"
Daze wrote:
Since Physical Dmg is the wealth of your dps in this build, wouldn't a Quill Rain be a very viable option? That 100% increased Attack Speed could outweigh the Phys Dmg bonus if you adjust your gear.

What? Dude. A Quill Rain cuts final damage output by 50%. Not to mention it has really crappy physical damage itself.

The only build a Quill rain is good for is explosive arrow.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
"
evantide2 wrote:
"
Daze wrote:

What? Dude. A Quill Rain cuts final damage output by 50%. Not to mention it has really crappy physical damage itself.

The only build a Quill rain is good for is explosive arrow.

Didn't know it did that, good to know.

What about Death's Harp? Damage is effectively doubled from the additional arrow. A regular bow skill will just generate 2 arrows firing in different directions, but RoA is able to attack twice the same target (using it now myself). So while the paper numbers might not be much, the output might be on par with some high end bows. Having less damage but attacking it twice does have its pros and cons though.
I have a DHarp too. It pales in comparison to any decent physical bow at around lvl 50~.

First, there's the attack speed. After Decimation bows, every future bow has 1.2+ atk spd. This means more RoAs and faster impact times too, making ti easier to hit the fast-moving mobs.

Second, physical damage gets pretty high on them.

That's my current one and it hits rather hard per hit, comparable to all but Chin Sol in melee and Lioneye's Glare in the unique items, though better rares can beat the hell out of it. The scaling from it spirals out in Added Fire and Hatred, boosting those up even further.

Third, the RoA doesn't take the added projectiles mod. If it did, everyone would be using LMP or GMP on it to spray a mob down fast. The projectile bonus is effectively worthless.
IGN: Troheim

Item Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/368180
Last edited by evantide2 on Apr 5, 2013, 1:07:10 AM
I cant wait for Iron Grip to work properly and make physical added damage from non-weapon sources function just like elemental damage does. That would be a great boost to dmg and might even make +phys dmg on non-weapon sources actually viable.

Unless I'm misreading what you wrote. This my understanding of attacks speed and projectile speed effects on RoA, the 1st one I am unsure about, but the 2nd one I am 100% sure about since a dev post explains it:

Attack Speed: increases how many times you shoot, but does not affect the delay from firing to dropping.

Projectile Speed: shortens the delay from when you fire, until the arrows land, making it easier to hit faster mobs.

Since getting a 40%+ projectile speed mod on an item isn't that uncommon, it can be quite useful.

Projectile damage will affect RoA too, but GMP/LMP will not create new projectiles since the skills does not state "projectile" on it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info