Cyclone!

"
MrRaide wrote:
I really laugh at the posts saying that the skill doesn't fit in PoE because it looks silly.

Because Whirling Blades looks much more realistic and feasible.

if someone wants a realistic PoE experience they should not use skills period.. that's realistic
yea. i think cyclone looks really fun. i like that they took the d2 classic mechanic without movement control.
i also think its no problem that they took some skills from d2 i saw no one complaining about leap slam in that context.
There the magically animated ribbons with magic auras that shoot fireballs and necromancers that magically reanimate the undead.

"It is physically infeasible for someone to swing a weapon in this fashion."

Really? We're going to go there?
"
andybmcc wrote:
There the magically animated ribbons with magic auras that shoot fireballs and necromancers that magically reanimate the undead.

"It is physically infeasible for someone to swing a weapon in this fashion."

Really? We're going to go there?

I think theyre two different things.
"
Orz7 wrote:
Good job implementing whirlwind, very original. Ya know im really less excited about a new skill every week if youre just gunna rip them from d2-3.

do you think Spark is original ?

how about Fireball ?

how about Cleave ?

Split Arrow ?

Detonate Dead ?

Raise Zombie ?

yeah, POE is the first game ever to implement any of those skills

D2 never had anything like them /sarcasm

"
webas wrote:
looks terrible.. It will overshadow mobs so much that you wont know if you are whirlwinding alone above dead bodies or still fightning someone..

Will they ever learn? When they will undo the effects that fullscreens everything in parties?
p.s. this is the only game that gives such kind of problems.

lol

you've OBVIOUSLY never played D2 or D3 or TL1 or TL2

"
Crucifer wrote:
Well its finally happened...one skill that has to be the primary melee spell no matter what...the design and uniqueness of melee is dead the min this is implemented because it will be mandatory it'll kill all other melee skills. Kripp will make some erronous build that will become cookie cutter. A sad day indeed.

if you've been paying any attention at all you'd know we already have a "one skill that has to be the primary melee spell no matter what"

it's called "elemental cleave with increased AOE" and Nugiyen has already demonstrated it and leveled it up to level 78 hard core, solo, self found gear in less than a week
Last edited by jamesl on Mar 8, 2013, 1:41:28 PM
I was expecting some kind of whirlwind skill but tbh I wasn't expecting a straight up copy paste. Kinda boring, been there, done that & got the tshirt type skill.

Ontop GGG are either gonna make it viable as an endgame skill or not but if it is then why on Earth would anyone continue to use Sweep, Cleave or even Whirling Blades with this skill around?

Spin2Win all over again?...yawn
thats kinda my point ive been playing ww barbs since d1...it just would have been refreshing to see something new
Last edited by Orz7 on Mar 8, 2013, 2:00:02 PM
I'll enjoy taking it for a spin.

I'm waiting to see melee players chasing mana %, mana regen, stun reduction nodes trying to pull off infinite Cyclone.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
looks like fun to me, cant wait to try it out! I will only get worried when they start making 'Summon My Little Pony' hordes.

Spin to win may not happen..the one disadvantage I can see is, you can't stop the spin halfway through..ie: realising you're about to hit a reflect physical mob. DEAD.
If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
Last edited by Hyaon on Mar 8, 2013, 2:26:03 PM
exenae wrote:
So, 2h cyclone ?
don't care about claws, we need a Massive AOE for 2h sword !

Sweep/cleave

Sweep is Op, but cleave suxx, that's why we need 2 handed cyclone ^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info