[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

Love these builds. I am relatively new to end game--could you advise on my build?

I think resistances/ES is good, but my life is rather low. I am trying to optimize passives, looking for better gear, and unsure of how multiple curse applications work with Bane (I understand the damage boost, but not why efficacy is better than just another curse).

Thanks
"
shepherdmonk wrote:
Love these builds. I am relatively new to end game--could you advise on my build?

Your profile is private, can't see your characters.

"
unsure of how multiple curse applications work with Bane (I understand the damage boost, but not why efficacy is better than just another curse).

Level 20 Bane has a +47% "more" damage modifier per curse. That means going from 0 to 1 linked curses increases damage by 47%. From 1 to 2 curses is an increase of 32% (1.94 multiplier instead of 1.47). From 2 to 3 is 24%. The more curses you add, the smaller each increase gets.

However, different sources of "more damage" stack multiplicatively. So if you have a 1.94 multiplier from 2-curse Bane and you link that with level 20 Efficacy, you get 2 additional multipliers from Efficacy (20% more spell damage, 24% more damage over time), making the combined multiplier from Efficacy 1.488, or +48.8%. Compared to just the 24% that a third curse would give, the choice is obvious.
Hi
I'm rather ' new ' to the game and it's my second build
Can you be more detailed on the first life trickster build, i'm lvl 73 and i don't know what helmet and other stuff to buy ?? Can you give examples
"
Tibedoh wrote:
I am currently running Tarke's variation of this build, considering to switch to the EB+MoM version here. Now, I have tried using MoM and it really felt bad in delves - it would eat up all my shield without me having a chance to restore, so I could not use any skills. At that point my ES pool was rather miserable, about 500-600. Does it feel better with 2k+ ES?
Also, how good is impresence amulet with this build?

I have 6K hp, 2,2k ES and its more then enough. dps is lacking a bit tho on single target but its allright ovreall
"
thiago2k wrote:
Hey there, excellent build guide! Can you guys please take a look at my char and see what can i can improve? I just did a vaal temple deathless with some "oh shit!" moments, but I think I can do better, specially by changing amulet,weapons/shield and belt.

Only at 3ex currently, not so rich...

Thanks!

Hey, well other gear from what you already mentioned, I would say... try to get a higher ES helmet from which Escape Artist will turn that to evasion.

I wasn't sure so I checked your jewels in my PoB. Flat chaos damage doesn't help your damage over time. Try to get %dot or %dot while #insert conditional here#. You probably know it, but also the spell multiplier does nothing for this build.

Other than that quality your flasks for longer duration.

GL
"
Rannasha wrote:
"
shepherdmonk wrote:

Your profile is private, can't see your characters.

"
unsure of how multiple curse applications work with Bane (I understand the damage boost, but not why efficacy is better than just another curse).

Level 20 Bane has a +47% "more" damage modifier per curse. That means going from 0 to 1 linked curses increases damage by 47%. From 1 to 2 curses is an increase of 32% (1.94 multiplier instead of 1.47). From 2 to 3 is 24%. The more curses you add, the smaller each increase gets.

However, different sources of "more damage" stack multiplicatively. So if you have a 1.94 multiplier from 2-curse Bane and you link that with level 20 Efficacy, you get 2 additional multipliers from Efficacy (20% more spell damage, 24% more damage over time), making the combined multiplier from Efficacy 1.488, or +48.8%. Compared to just the 24% that a third curse would give, the choice is obvious.

Thanks very much! I unhid my characters.

I did not realize the former was not multiplicative. That being the case, are you saying that there is no support gem that could go with Efficacy and Bane with one curse that is also not a curse that is greater than the diminished 32% from a second curse with Bane? Or are we trying to apply the effects of an additional curse for survivability as well?

I appreciate your time!
I switched from traps to this build at level 92 and it seems squishy for some reason. I was doing a T13 Shipyard and the boss killed me out of nowhere. Also T12 syndicates almost 1 shot me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I have 5k life, 2.3k es, 263k dot. Could someone take a look at my character and lmk please. I know I need different gloves. I have a es/life shield too but i didn't feel like it made much of a difference so I've been using dual wands.
sorry noob question, what do I do with the path of building link?
"
"
thiago2k wrote:
Hey there, excellent build guide! Can you guys please take a look at my char and see what can i can improve? I just did a vaal temple deathless with some "oh shit!" moments, but I think I can do better, specially by changing amulet,weapons/shield and belt.

Only at 3ex currently, not so rich...

Thanks!

Hey, well other gear from what you already mentioned, I would say... try to get a higher ES helmet from which Escape Artist will turn that to evasion.

I wasn't sure so I checked your jewels in my PoB. Flat chaos damage doesn't help your damage over time. Try to get %dot or %dot while #insert conditional here#. You probably know it, but also the spell multiplier does nothing for this build.

Other than that quality your flasks for longer duration.

GL

Thanks a lot, i'll follow your advices, also got a res and life gloves that boosted my health a little bit! Cheers!
Last edited by thiago2k on Mar 20, 2019, 5:09:02 PM
hey,

first of all thanks for this build, it is really fun and i get further in the endgame as i ever did. my main problem is i want to get rid off the lioneyes remorse and the limb. In your build you show guides how a good weapon should look like, and i really want to build the wand so i can go with a shield on really push it further. My big problem is buying one seems kinda expensive so i rather craft as good as possible. But I really dont know if i alt spam or when to use the essence and stuff. It would be awesome and much appreciated if you could do a step by step, what to look for, and how you get it(like crafting it, or getting it through luck while alting). An answer would be really nice and thanks for sharing that great build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info