[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
Reactor52 wrote:

Also, never having used Intuitive Leap, does it pull up all passives in its range, including Notables and Keystones as well as the regular nodes?

It allows you to select notables/keystones within its radius without connecting to them which saves you points.
"
"
Reactor52 wrote:
I was hoping that the Power/Frenzy charge gain on channeling from Swift Killer (in our case that would be Blight) would actually proc off of the use of Blight in our totem setup. Yes/No?

This is just an educated guess...

It should definitely apply if you are channeling Blight yourself.

It probably wouldn't apply if your Blight is on a totem since it's the totem doing the channeling, not the player.

Easy enough to test!

Test complete. And, it appears to be indeterminate. When you cast the totem with Blight, the totem doesn't start casting/channeling until an enemy is near. Shortly after that the Frenzy and Power charges start appearing, but, the totem is also killing them so my 23% to gain a charge on kill may be what is actually causing the charge gain. Will try on higher level enemies that don't die fast to confirm that it is the killing and not the channeling that is gaining the charges.
"
Reactor52 wrote:
"
"
Reactor52 wrote:
I was hoping that the Power/Frenzy charge gain on channeling from Swift Killer (in our case that would be Blight) would actually proc off of the use of Blight in our totem setup. Yes/No?

It probably wouldn't apply if your Blight is on a totem since it's the totem doing the channeling, not the player.

Easy enough to test!

Test complete. And, it appears to be indeterminate. When you cast the totem with Blight, the totem doesn't start casting/channeling until an enemy is near. Shortly after that the Frenzy and Power charges start appearing, but, the totem is also killing them so my 23% to gain a charge on kill may be what is actually causing the charge gain. Will try on higher level enemies that don't die fast to confirm that it is the killing and not the channeling that is gaining the charges.

10$ totems gain charge, not you, while totem channel
On crafting... sorry if this has been asked already; I haven't made it through all 120 pages yet.

With a multi-mod wand, how do you get both spell damage and chaos damage + incr skill duration. When you craft one, it blocks all other incr damage mods of any type that would apply to spells and are not dots. So one of those two mods automatically makes the other impossible.

This is my first complex/meta crafting effort and I've learned a lot from what I've read here so far. From the OP's examples of crafted gear, it seems this should be possible, so I wonder what I'm doing wrong. (Or was this a change in one of the recent patches?)

EDIT:
Been looking at the OP's examples and it appears maybe the restriction is with multi-crafting - so you would need to roll one of them as a standard prefix in order to bench-craft the other. Have I got that right?
Last edited by GreyLensman on May 18, 2019, 11:52:24 AM
"
Reactor52 wrote:
"
"
Reactor52 wrote:

Easy enough to test!

You have to channel the skill yourself in order for the ascendancy to work as intended. Channeling through the totem would not give you charges (except, like you discovered, when the mobs die)
Last edited by JaegerMeister_CL on May 18, 2019, 9:45:48 AM
Spoiler
"

First of all, I would like to thank Syreith for posting up this guide and I have successfully playing red map for the first time ever. Been playing over months but this is the only builds that works for me that easily able to play red maps.

I just wondering, if I want to make my investment, what is the first item I need to improve in order to have a big damage increase for end game boss? Im struggling on normal / magic map, fighting the elder gurdians.
Curently I have about 1 exalted and about 70-80 chaos orbs.
Any suggestion to improve over my current gear would be great! Excited to try to have a first fight on Elder / Shaper!
Last edited by mual12345 on May 18, 2019, 12:47:04 PM

Test complete. And, it appears to be indeterminate. When you cast the totem with Blight, the totem doesn't start casting/channeling until an enemy is near. Shortly after that the Frenzy and Power charges start appearing, but, the totem is also killing them so my 23% to gain a charge on kill may be what is actually causing the charge gain. Will try on higher level enemies that don't die fast to confirm that it is the killing and not the channeling that is gaining the charges.[/quote]

You have to channel the skill yourself in order for the ascendancy to work as intended. Channeling through the totem would not give you charges (except, like you discovered, when the mobs die)[/quote]

Yes, thanks. Just seems curious that the totem killing the enemies procs Frenzy/Power and Endurance (I am using Overload passive) charge gains for me, but totem channeling doesn't. Ah well, would have been nice for boss fights where nothing dies until the boss does.
So I was able to upgrade to a wand setup...
Spoiler

How much defense do you lose if you go CI? Is it a glass cannon? Im thinking about switching to that eventually.
Last edited by Farbod on May 18, 2019, 6:47:04 PM
"
mual12345 wrote:
Spoiler
"

First of all, I would like to thank Syreith for posting up this guide and I have successfully playing red map for the first time ever. Been playing over months but this is the only builds that works for me that easily able to play red maps.

I just wondering, if I want to make my investment, what is the first item I need to improve in order to have a big damage increase for end game boss? Im struggling on normal / magic map, fighting the elder gurdians.
Any suggestion to improve over my current gear would be great! Excited to try to have a first fight on Elder / Shaper!

I think one of the first thing would be a Diadem helm that will give your aura's a good boost and free up the essence worm slot for a good ring with life/resists/spell damage. http://poe.trade/search/huhutukaheyego
Other ring also could be improved, nothing with attacks helps this build.
http://poe.trade/search/usikahadobatah
Get some better gloves also.
http://poe.trade/search/ukamdaharureno
"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:
"
mual12345 wrote:
Spoiler
"

I think one of the first thing would be a Diadem helm that will give your aura's a good boost and free up the essence worm slot for a good ring with life/resists/spell damage. http://poe.trade/search/huhutukaheyego
Other ring also could be improved, nothing with attacks helps this build.
http://poe.trade/search/usikahadobatah
Get some better gloves also.
http://poe.trade/search/ukamdaharureno

Upgraded my first ring and also my gloves. Still looking for a better ring for the Essense Worm. But if I replace my essense worm ring, does this means i will socket my Malevolence gem into my Diadem? If so, I wouldnt be able to insert the current 4 linked gems into my helmet.
Anyhow, slightly improved on damage as well as life! Once Essense worm is replace, should have 4.9-5K HP!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info