[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

"
HoschiBro wrote:

Buy yourself a Devouring Diadem -> 50c
You should socket malevolence+zealotry+grace inside it, and an enlighten (22c) (you will reach lvl 2 fast)

respec your tree, you don't Need acrobatics, it's nice, but not necessary (8 Points jewel socket+acrobatics+way)

respec brand damage (1 Point)

respec Inspiration (just Mind over Matter) and Deep Thoughts (5 Points)

respec Swift killer and weave of the arcane

grab ghost Dance and escape artist

Invest Points to get dark arts, 5 Points (9 more Points)

buy 2 wands with implicit spell damage and t2 or t3 nacdot (non-ailment chaos Dame over time Multiplier) -> 2x 1c

get yourself a pure Evasion Body armour as 5l, 5-10c or something like that

get yourself gloves with Evasion base or allelopathy (2l red and 2l blue) 1-5c

buy new rare rings with just life + resi (what you need) 1-5c each

drop the shield Charge Setup

grab flame dash+faster casting (2b in allelopathy)
2r in allelopathy with spell totem+multiple totems

craft cold resi on your boots, if necessary

8 skill Points to reach spiritual aids
3 skill Points to reach sovereignity (+ enlighten lvl 2 to use all 3 auras)
2 Points to reach purity of flesh

in complete
50c Devouring diadem
22c enlighten lvl 1
1c wand
1c wand
10c Body armour 5l Evasion 4b-1g or 3b-2g
5c ring
5c ring
1c allelopathy
14 regrets for respeccen your tree -> 7c
20 regrets for respeccen your ascendancy Points -> 10c

95c without regrets

1 wand with Cwdt+inc Duration+IC
bane setup in your boots

thanks!
It took me a few days to get all the items and to understand everything you've said. I had to read it a ton of times and I learned alot from it so thanks a lot! I missed the gloves being linked separately so I bought a more expensive one. I went over the 100 chaos but not by too much as soon after I read your post, enlightment dropped for me so it was free.

This build has double the dps my old build. I was definitely freaking out when I saw my mana was close to 0 after all the reserved. Funny to see that I could still spam spells with no issue.

I think my survivality stayed the same or slightly improved even though my total life went down close to 500. I think Ill have to work on my flasks next to improve on survavility since things are getting much tougher.
Thanks again!
"
Nahsil wrote:
This is the first char after 700+ hours (most of it hardcore lol) where I've beaten red elder and shaper! Woohoo, thanks for the build!

P.S. if anybody has advice on what to upgrade next...I have 4ex. I'd like more NACDOT on my multicrafted wand, but I can't afford the 10ex or whatever it would be.

Maybe a watcher's eye is the next step, with malevolence NACDOT?

edit: nvm, I've been pouring my currency into trying to craft a wand. Got 2 wands with t1 NACDOT atm, one is rare and only has 1 additional mod, not sure if I should try to annul or just sacrifice a single mod and go ahead and multicraft. The other one has 3 mods so I might try to annul that, once I get some more currency.

NACDOT Watcher's Eye will be a big increase. 20/20 Swift Affliction will beat a level 3 Empower as well.

Honestly, taking Acrobatics while being MOM+EB hurts your EHP. I would drop those and those health nodes that way and push towards Sovereignty. You can also get Purity of Flesh for more HP and then with leftover points either go for Devotion for HP and aura effect or Void Barrier for ES and Evasion. Getting these aura effect nodes and the mana res nodes on the way to Sovereignty opens up room for Zealotry for a nice more multiplier. You can drop Void Manipulation from the Blight setup as that's more of a debuff to make your big damage dealers Bane and Soulrend stronger and put Flame Dash there to get the Zealotry on helm.

"
Maple_D wrote:
I'm having a major issue with my ES. Im running EB + MoM. Would anyone be so kind as to look at my profile and see what the easiest way for me to increase my ES would be? I can't even break 1k ES atm. Thanks

You have a decent amount of the ES nodes already. Before I switch to 4 auras, I took nodes going up to and including Unnatural Calm. You could also look into some sort of Watcher's Eye, ideally with Malevolence NACDOT as it also gives some ES. And if you drop the jewel by Melding to get Intuitive Leap you can take the Melding notable as well.
Isn't the buffs to evasion/dodge you get from Acrobatics a big part of this build's survivability? Sorry, I don't fully understand the mechanics. Thanks for your comments!
IGN: SirCritoris
"
Nahsil wrote:
Isn't the buffs to evasion/dodge you get from Acrobatics a big part of this build's survivability? Sorry, I don't fully understand the mechanics. Thanks for your comments!

Using evasion from flasks and gear you can usually achieve a decent amount of chance to evade attacks. Attack dodge from Acrobatics and spell dodge from Phase Acrobatics are separate rolls. You can read more details about how they interact with each other on the wiki, but in general most of the deadly big hits are telegraphed and should be manually avoided. When you play a build that makes use of MOM+EB, energy shield becomes a big factor of your EHP. Taking Acrobatics reduces the value of ES you get.

Ultimately, if you feel you are not lacking in EHP and are comfortable with the dodge that Acrobatics gives then that is your preference.
I switched to MoM+EB recently, dps and survivability increased drastically however at t15 maps, I lack dps to clear it fast enough. Sometimes I got 1-shot as well. I'm short on currency right now (1 ex and 50ish c)

Here is my pastebin.https://pastebin.com/bEwb9teh

Can you give me some advices to improve my dps and survivability.
Thanks.
"
Maple_D wrote:
I'm having a major issue with my ES. Im running EB + MoM. Would anyone be so kind as to look at my profile and see what the easiest way for me to increase my ES would be? I can't even break 1k ES atm. Thanks

Respec your ascendancy. Get rid of Weave the Arcane and Swift Killer and get Ghost Dance and Escape Artist. Your current setup is more suited to the MoM version of the build (without EB).
Hello,

Thanks so much for posting this guide! I'm a fairly new player (started in Betrayal with an Arc Elementalist) and still trying to get the hang of things.

This is my current progress on the Soulrend Trickster. I'm level 89 and just finished the final Labyrinth. I can take down mobs in tier 12 maps but struggle on boss fights.

https://pastebin.com/0CYuLSCX

I have been aiming to transition to the EB version but it seems as though there is a massive currency jump between the level of play I am at currently, and where I'm required to be to switch to EB.

Currently, my goal has been to save for a 6L chest that would allow me to successfully do the respec. My current chest I bought for about 1ex so I can sell that, and I have another 1ex and 53c in pure.

Is that currently my best bet for continuing to upgrade? I also have a Cospri's Will I found and six-socketed myself, but I don't know if it's worth it to try and 6L it myself. It's currently 5L.

Thanks in advance for any help. I've really enjoyed playing this build as it's taught me a lot more about the game. There is a ton of nuance to learn and I'm enjoying it immensely.
Hey im looking for some pointers for what i can upgrade on my gear, gems atm is a work in progress.

More looking for some advise on gear :)

thanks in advance
"
Hello,

Thanks so much for posting this guide! I'm a fairly new player (started in Betrayal with an Arc Elementalist) and still trying to get the hang of things.

This is my current progress on the Soulrend Trickster. I'm level 89 and just finished the final Labyrinth. I can take down mobs in tier 12 maps but struggle on boss fights.

https://pastebin.com/0CYuLSCX

I have been aiming to transition to the EB version but it seems as though there is a massive currency jump between the level of play I am at currently, and where I'm required to be to switch to EB.

Currently, my goal has been to save for a 6L chest that would allow me to successfully do the respec. My current chest I bought for about 1ex so I can sell that, and I have another 1ex and 53c in pure.

Is that currently my best bet for continuing to upgrade? I also have a Cospri's Will I found and six-socketed myself, but I don't know if it's worth it to try and 6L it myself. It's currently 5L.

Thanks in advance for any help. I've really enjoyed playing this build as it's taught me a lot more about the game. There is a ton of nuance to learn and I'm enjoying it immensely.

I'm not as knowledgeable as some, but I think you could go EB if you focused on getting a better ES helmet and an ES shield. I'm EB based mostly on that combo and I'm doing great, t15/16 maps are super easy, red elder down, shaper down.

I'd also personally get those 2 damage over time nodes instead of the life regen node on the way to the chaos damage near the start point.
IGN: SirCritoris
Had to show this off somewhere...really proud of this guy. Running 4 purities + discipline + clarity + malevolence while also bleed/freeze/stun immune from gear and jewels. But also still doing millions of dps. Lvl 26 single resist purities plus discipline. **working on capping cold resist so I can release purity of elements in favor of aspect of spider. Only big dps loss is the lack of zealotry...

Oh yea...and 95% extra run speed BEFORE flasks
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Apr 24, 2019, 1:09:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info