[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

"
djcz wrote:
New player here, looking at the current passive trees for leveling, are you supposed to respec into the higher level builds using refund points? Also I I was following the build at the start of the league and now its different towards the beginning, there not much I can do about that without respecing? Are we supposed to farm for orbs of regret?

The build has changed as I get access to data, I've been streaming and playing everyday to help people out with playing the build. I couldn't have projected exactly what the build needed before the start of league. Yes you should be able to respec using points you gain from quests and maybe a few regrets, but it's when you have the currency need other stats.

Ultimately POE is a game that typically requires a full respec when transitioning between early mapping to end game... this is a build that you respec a bit but shouldn't exceed your points you gain as you level.

I stream almost everyday and watch these comments... feel free to link your build or your ign and I can help you with tailored suggestions.
"
g4zu wrote:
You can use shaped gloves with prefix "Socketed gems are supported by slower projectiles" for early 5-link. Then you can use Solaris Lorica and wand and shield of your choice.

I'm not a fan of this because you really need the power charge on Crit - I really think you need to invest in a six-link as soon as possible or farm one in Blood Aquaducts.

if you absolutely have to use a 5-L you would want Wint orb, CWC, Ice Spear, GMP, and Power Charge on Crit.

Good Luck :)
"
Vat0sbart wrote:
Hey JN,

Im using the build now. just like others, found it hard to level with. not a great starter if you dont have alot of currency. anyway i decided to stay with the build and just build it up from scrap.

im level 73 now and im having troubles with T5/6 maps.

any advice?

here's my POB

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/6DRP8WCn

thanks.

Thank you SOOO much... This is the best way for me to help people!

Yes We have a Ton we can do!

You went the staff route and that's great! no worries it will work until mid red tier maps, but you will hit a wall due to damage output possible and having a chest that doesn't support your es at all... but for farming your Shav's you are solid!

Here's the changes (not many on gear)

Flasks:

First and foremost always always always cap your res before you focus on anything else... having 70% fire res instead of 75% increases the fire damage you take by 20%!!! It's huge... so right now you are taking about 60% more lightning and cold damage than you should be!

Also your Wise Oak right now is functioning as a basic Bismuth Flask and not the stat buff it should. You need your uncapped cold res to be higher than any other flask in the build!

Fortunately with your gear you can fix this with a simple recraft on the staff! Recraft with "Cold and Lightning resist" and you are golden! the cold damage isn't even close to as effective as your Wise oak when your cold is highest!

Other than that you have two jewels that are one stat's for you - Drgn str and Chimreric Shard. Get rid of them... between the two of them you need to have one with a tiny bit of str (over 4), and one with an all res stat (if you get just fire... you will need to readjust your cold to be higher. these can each be bought as a one stat for an alch apiece.

Your passive tree indicates that you need mana and your flask does too... you do not, you will never run out of mana, Get rid of that flask and replace with a diamond flask... literally a basic one is absolutely essential. Then you should try for an atziri's costing 1c.
When you have clarity on you will literally never run out of mana. Stand in your Hideout and test it.

Gems:

Unlink your gloves... they should be a B=B -/- G - G or two blues linked and 2 greens which may or may not be linked (You can function with three linked as well.. but one green must be on it's own. Socket your Flame Dash and Arcane Surge in the blues and your Arctic Armor and Herald of Ice in the greens.

Body armor get a 4 link with a blue and 3 red - Take out stun and replace with Increased duration so your Imm call lasts longer
Add a level 12 Frost bomb (not higher) and get your CWDT gem up to a level 4 or it will not auto support it.

We made a few changes in the passive tree so I hope you still have a few respecs... but they are going to make a huge difference. The biggest change however is that you need to get your Ascendencies... you need that damage! and it's basically the cost of an offering.

Here's the PoB of the updated build: https://pastebin.com/appzAGTC

All in all you'll spend around 6-7 chaos making the suggested changes to gearing/jewels/flasks

you'll respec some points (Totally worth it)

You'll run two trials

you will then have over 3times the dps (I checked you went from 244k to over 600k if you get some decent rolls even without a jewel with stats), it will feel so much better and you'll be able to push this into red maps!

You will hit a wall when you get to hard mods on red maps as there's only so much ES you can cram in without the chest participating, just make sure to farm up the offering cards for the Shav's wrappings as soon as possible.

Ultimately you are well on your way to a good build man, This is a great middle ground. Ultimately without the shield and the shavs it probably wont go the distance just yet.

"
teslabear wrote:
I'm confused how this is a league starter. You level as low-life? Even the leveling section is a bunch of uniques that aren't available at the beginning of the league. Even the comments section is filled with people struggling to level or enter maps.

Actually I've had these probably 7 commenters having problems but the people in my stream seem to be leveling easily and getting well on their way into maps. Some skipped the staff, some didn't. Ultimately I think you are seeing a few people that need some help understanding the mechanics of the build, and what the currency or farm cost of it is.

We are not leveling Low Life, The uniques I currently have on me at level 62 (Due to answering questions and helping builds) are Perandus Blazon Belt (First Purchase for an alch on the first day) Wanderlust Silk Boots (for a chaos the first day) Goldrim (pretty much the best leveling item in any leveling build guide for any starter in the game) a Kurui ward (dropped first day but would have cost about 2 alts-an alch) and I just got my tabula in Blood Aquaducts... I did my second trial at lvl 56 with no trouble and I've had about 20 people tell me the build is great and like any low life (Prior to the switch) it feels a little lackluster on the dps side or the defense side...

I said league starter... not the build for a beginner to play. 99% of people struggling who sent their pob did not have their resistances capped they didn't have their ascendencies done, and their gearing was very very sub-optimal (In addition to having exceptionally low levels on their gems).

The last post was me helping out one such individual, I suggest you take a look at before and after.

There's nothing wrong with the build or the leveling... it's like any Low life build I've ever played before the shav's.

I started last season with it and I'm starting this season. has not had any differences except a sweet new gem thus far... but I sure can't wait until I get double the damage late game!

GLHF and don't be so critical until you try something or actually see it in practice.
Thank you so much for the quick reply JN1K5,

very informative ! will make the changes right away and see how the difference feels!

Very nice of you to explain it so well.

keep it up.
"
JN1K5 wrote:
you really need the power charge on Crit

I see. I think I took a different route on low lvl, I took shield nodes first and planning to take power charges and Forbidden Power later on end game.
"
JN1K5 wrote:
"
djcz wrote:
New player here, looking at the current passive trees for leveling, are you supposed to respec into the higher level builds using refund points? Also I I was following the build at the start of the league and now its different towards the beginning, there not much I can do about that without respecing? Are we supposed to farm for orbs of regret?

The build has changed as I get access to data, I've been streaming and playing everyday to help people out with playing the build. I couldn't have projected exactly what the build needed before the start of league. Yes you should be able to respec using points you gain from quests and maybe a few regrets, but it's when you have the currency need other stats.

Ultimately POE is a game that typically requires a full respec when transitioning between early mapping to end game... this is a build that you respec a bit but shouldn't exceed your points you gain as you level.

I stream almost everyday and watch these comments... feel free to link your build or your ign and I can help you with tailored suggestions.

Thanks JN1K5, I actually figured it out. Didn't realize that the trees make an alternate connection to the branch allowing you to redo the original paths. I'll check out the stream.
Thanks for the build dude, I was originally following a life based build but then I got my hands on a shav's and after some research I found your build so I have decided to switch over.

I am having a bit of trouble figuring out what to aim for currently and was wondering if you would point me in the right direction, after looking closer at your pob I have made some mistakes when following it (I didn't notice you had made low level templates in the drop down box) I am somewhere between 3 - 4 in terms of the skill tree (the tabs on pob) my gear is also trash.

If you could give me an idea of what gear I need to be aiming to replace first and which passive to spec next (or respec) that would be awesome.

My pob is https://pastebin.com/7K0eseU1 let me know if there is anything more I can do to help the process.
"
Thank you SOOO much... This is the best way for me to help people!

Yes We have a Ton we can do!

You went the staff route and that's great! no worries it will work until mid red tier maps, but you will hit a wall due to damage output possible and having a chest that doesn't support your es at all... but for farming your Shav's you are solid!

Here's the changes (not many on gear)

Flasks:

First and foremost always always always cap your res before you focus on anything else... having 70% fire res instead of 75% increases the fire damage you take by 20%!!! It's huge... so right now you are taking about 60% more lightning and cold damage than you should be!

Also your Wise Oak right now is functioning as a basic Bismuth Flask and not the stat buff it should. You need your uncapped cold res to be higher than any other flask in the build!

Fortunately with your gear you can fix this with a simple recraft on the staff! Recraft with "Cold and Lightning resist" and you are golden! the cold damage isn't even close to as effective as your Wise oak when your cold is highest!

Other than that you have two jewels that are one stat's for you - Drgn str and Chimreric Shard. Get rid of them... between the two of them you need to have one with a tiny bit of str (over 4), and one with an all res stat (if you get just fire... you will need to readjust your cold to be higher. these can each be bought as a one stat for an alch apiece.

Your passive tree indicates that you need mana and your flask does too... you do not, you will never run out of mana, Get rid of that flask and replace with a diamond flask... literally a basic one is absolutely essential. Then you should try for an atziri's costing 1c.
When you have clarity on you will literally never run out of mana. Stand in your Hideout and test it.

Gems:

Unlink your gloves... they should be a B=B -/- G - G or two blues linked and 2 greens which may or may not be linked (You can function with three linked as well.. but one green must be on it's own. Socket your Flame Dash and Arcane Surge in the blues and your Arctic Armor and Herald of Ice in the greens.

Body armor get a 4 link with a blue and 3 red - Take out stun and replace with Increased duration so your Imm call lasts longer
Add a level 12 Frost bomb (not higher) and get your CWDT gem up to a level 4 or it will not auto support it.

We made a few changes in the passive tree so I hope you still have a few respecs... but they are going to make a huge difference. The biggest change however is that you need to get your Ascendencies... you need that damage! and it's basically the cost of an offering.

Here's the PoB of the updated build: https://pastebin.com/appzAGTC

All in all you'll spend around 6-7 chaos making the suggested changes to gearing/jewels/flasks

you'll respec some points (Totally worth it)

You'll run two trials

you will then have over 3times the dps (I checked you went from 244k to over 600k if you get some decent rolls even without a jewel with stats), it will feel so much better and you'll be able to push this into red maps!

You will hit a wall when you get to hard mods on red maps as there's only so much ES you can cram in without the chest participating, just make sure to farm up the offering cards for the Shav's wrappings as soon as possible.

Ultimately you are well on your way to a good build man, This is a great middle ground. Ultimately without the shield and the shavs it probably wont go the distance just yet.

Alright, some positive feedback here. I basically did everything you said i should. except for the last lab wich im still farming the ascendecy's for. Also i still took 2 mana nodes because for some reason my mana still depleted before, but now its more then good. might be able to respect them later on.

The damage is much much better and survivability now is also better. can farm tier 9 cells now with ease.

thanks alot.

Here is my POB atm, if interressted.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/hD1W5SBF
First of all i am still new to the game and only seriously started playing last season so i might be missing something fundamentally.
I realize that during the low level phase i can't expect to be able to use all Auras at the same time because of mana issues.
But now i am at a level where i am able to buy all the required skill gems for the build and i can only use about half of the auras.
So what is changing at the higher levels so i will be able to use all these mana reserved skills?
I see that some nodes reduce the mana reservation but that can't be it, right?
Sorry for the noob question, i have never played a spell caster nor a character with a lot of auras before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info