[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

"
Badfox14 wrote:
I'm wondering if taking Ghost Reaver is really necessary. it was necessary when there was no ES leech, but now we have lots of sources for ES leech so that's a waste - also the -50% to ES recharge rate really slows down the time it takes to completely charge up. and the ONLY positive is +100% to max total recovery per second from ES leech - I wonder if that is so great now that our leech/sec is capped at 10% and there are other passives we have taken that give us + max recovery from leech - isn't there a point of diminishing returns (or no further gain) that we pass at some point making the +100% unusable ??
I'd appreciate any input on this.

I have updated the build to not take Ghost Reaver until you are Energy Shield Dependent only... Warlords mark is a way you can reserve a bit of life and still get by comfortably and you can't do that if you have Ghost Reaver.
For Everyone Following this thread, Many people are having trouble pre-shavronne's wrappings... They went up this season unfortunately and I think they will keep going as end game they are going to be amazing this season.

I added a section in the guide and I think it is safe to say that a stepping stone is necessary for mapping (Above the Tabula)

I recommend getting 2 items to help with your struggles of early mapping:

A Solaris Lorica (Don't try to even 5 link this as the colors are virtually impossible to get) use a Blood magic gem with maybe 2 aura effects in this chest

A *Shaped* Staff ilvl 68 (about 1c) that you alt until you get either a "power charge on critical" or a "Cast While Channeling" Affix. Then use *The Jeweler's touch* prophecy (Should run you about 25c) to get a 5 link

***Note you cannot use this prophecy on a 6 socket item***

This will allow you enough aura's to map comfortably with and hopefully will be comfortable for you to farm up The Offering cards on an early map or farm currency to get Full 6L Shav's Wrappings.

It seems about 50/50 with people having problems leveling. Without a 6L this build maps really poorly, without chaos mitigation you can't really take pain attunement and reserve life.

I think it's still a great build to play and definitely a good league starter because you can still clear all content and you can absolutely farm the cards you need and the currency to link up a shav's wrappings.

Truthfully if I was a better leveler (Or Racer) I think I would be able to recommend a better method for leveling this build maybe it would require a respec, but if anyone has any input let us know!
So this has definitely been a slower leveling build, but I am still enjoying it. Certainly a bit squishy, but I'm only level 45 at moment. Still not totally sure what the best way to setup for leveling skill gem wise, but you can check my profile if you have any suggestions. Honestly I pretty much just drop frost bomb, bane, and keep running. Most everything dies from those two.
"
CuteMike4U wrote:
So this has definitely been a slower leveling build, but I am still enjoying it. Certainly a bit squishy, but I'm only level 45 at moment. Still not totally sure what the best way to setup for leveling skill gem wise, but you can check my profile if you have any suggestions. Honestly I pretty much just drop frost bomb, bane, and keep running. Most everything dies from those two.

Try using Winter Orb + CWC + Ice Spear + Greater Multiple Projectiles
"
VictorWangles wrote:
"
CuteMike4U wrote:

Try using Winter Orb + CWC + Ice Spear + Greater Multiple Projectiles

I will give it a shot when I unlock CWC thanks.
New player here, looking at the current passive trees for leveling, are you supposed to respec into the higher level builds using refund points? Also I I was following the build at the start of the league and now its different towards the beginning, there not much I can do about that without respecing? Are we supposed to farm for orbs of regret?
You can use shaped gloves with prefix "Socketed gems are supported by slower projectiles" for early 5-link. Then you can use Solaris Lorica and wand and shield of your choice.
Last edited by g4zu on Mar 10, 2019, 7:46:02 PM

Forgive my ignorance but how do I view the skill tree for this build? TIA
Hey JN,

Im using the build now. just like others, found it hard to level with. not a great starter if you dont have alot of currency. anyway i decided to stay with the build and just build it up from scrap.

im level 73 now and im having troubles with T5/6 maps.

any advice?

here's my POB

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/6DRP8WCn

thanks.
I'm confused how this is a league starter. You level as low-life? Even the leveling section is a bunch of uniques that aren't available at the beginning of the league. Even the comments section is filled with people struggling to level or enter maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info