[3.6] "The KnightKing" Budget League Starter -> 5+Mill Shaper DPS This Season

Having a great deal of fun this league so far with this build. I went for a more generic caster with EO and hybrid life to level as this is my first ever ES build/witch in general and wanted to avoid ES initially bc of intimidation and unfamiliarity. On the way I specced into general ele damage and even tried the new channeling clusters (pretty damn good for norm WO), all without deviating too far off from JN1K5's build.

Now currently mapping T8-10 yellows without much trouble while steadily transitioning to a full ES. Still also working on fleshing out my crit, crit multi to spec out of EO. Here's my current gear:

The build is pretty cheap. Self farmed the Tab. Wand was 5c, March of Legion 3c, rings and jewels 1c each. The rest can be had for around 1alc a pop at most. Easily affordable with self-found currency from leveling and gear will only get cheaper.

I didn't feel like having to craft my own staff and rock a weak Solaris, so I built up Chaos res and personally don't ever feel gimped by chaos. Doryani's Invitation leech takes care of most of the life worries and I just tap my HP flask every once in a while to stay topped off. March of the Legion is a very solid addition this season, too. Easy access to 3R for CWDT + IC, 16% all res, 25%+ movement speed, and a nice chunk of ES - everything you'd want in a boot and they're cheap!

I'll be sure to check in through the league and make any updates. Shav's definitely is the goal, but may deviate and use CI if I start to feel overwhelmed. Dying Sun and Wise Oak are probably the next upgrades though as everything feels good as-is.
Last edited by Fleeced on Mar 12, 2019, 8:11:18 PM
Alright, so a bit of an update on me running this build. This is my second full level as a POE player, so it was a bit overwhelming to understand everything. However, I have modeled my "map farming" build almost exactly after the one put together by Vatosbart and Jnik5. I am running a shaped staff with CWC and a solaris lorica. You can see all my items on my profile. I have only done up to T4 maps so far due to shit drops and needing to get to level 79 before redoing my skill points.

I was lucky to find an exalted orb while leveling so that was able to fund all my gear, and I still have about 30c left over after gear/orbs of regret. I do still need to buy jewels though.

Questions I have:

Should I change my curse setup? Drop temporal chains for enfeeble, or run frostbite over both of them?

What mods should I prioritize on my jewels? Low on currency at the moment so do want to waste any buying things I don't need.

Not a question, but with the 30 point dex node I can now level up my green gems which will help.

Anything else I need to adjust? Are there different crafts I should put on my staff or amulet?

As I continue to level up, where should I look to put my skill points?

I'm still learning PoB so I'm not totally sure what my DPS is with this setup/build. Definitely feel a bit squishy, my first character was melee though so I probably just need to be better at positioning.

Here is my PB:
https://pastebin.com/4h5mJNfR

In case there are any other "newbies" running this build, I'm going to make myself look dumb to make your lives easier. Make sure to check "always attack without moving" on winter orb and flame dash!!! Omg I though flame dash was so trash until checking that box. Now I don't die to strongboxes lol.

Looking forward to pushing forward with this build, thanks!
Last edited by CuteMike4U on Mar 12, 2019, 8:56:57 PM
Why no quality on Ice Spear? Doesn't the increased projectile speed result in ice spears first form hitting its fixed distance faster and there by transform into the second form faster thus faster hits? More importantly faster initial hit?
Hey guys,

so really loving this build so far, but am starting to struggle with upper level monster life % mods as im starting to climb into T12/t13.

My current gear is linked below:
https://pastebin.com/BMHCRKne

or you can check out my characters list for the character "TimelessWO".

I know I can start getting opal rings but I'm still struggling a bit.

Off the top of my head, it seems like:
1) Dying sun
2) 6L
3) Opal rings
4) ??

Thanks!
Last edited by T2tehimeless on Mar 12, 2019, 9:06:46 PM
"
Fleeced wrote:
Having a great deal of fun this league so far with this build. I went for a more generic caster with EO and hybrid life to level as this is my first ever ES build/witch in general and wanted to avoid ES initially bc of intimidation and unfamiliarity. On the way I specced into general ele damage and even tried the new channeling clusters (pretty damn good for norm WO), all without deviating too far off from JN1K5's build.

Now currently mapping T8-10 yellows without much trouble while steadily transitioning to a full ES. Still also working on fleshing out my crit, crit multi to spec out of EO. Here's my current gear:

The build is pretty cheap. Self farmed the Tab. Wand was 5c, March of Legion 3c, rings and jewels 1c each. The rest can be had for around 1alc a pop at most. Easily affordable with self-found currency from leveling and gear will only get cheaper.

I didn't feel like having to craft my own staff and rock a weak Solaris, so I built up Chaos res and personally don't ever feel gimped by chaos. Doryani's Invitation leech takes care of most of the life worries and I just tap my HP flask every once in a while to stay topped off. March of the Legion is a very solid addition this season, too. Easy access to 3R for CWDT + IC, 16% all res, 25%+ movement speed, and a nice chunk of ES - everything you'd want in a boot and they're cheap!

I'll be sure to check in through the league and make any updates. Shav's definitely is the goal, but may deviate and use CI if I start to feel overwhelmed. Dying Sun and Wise Oak are probably the next upgrades though as everything feels good as-is.

Okay. I looked at your pob, and you only have 140k dps. and thats IF you are reserving your life down to 22% WITHOUT shavs or solaris lorica. So either your damage is super low (around 100k), or you die to a single chaos hit.

You say you're clearing t10? How are you doing it? I have a hard time believing your build is doing anything around t10 remotely quickly (or safely)

Edit: upon looking, I see you're focusing on winter orb and not Ice spear. Then why do an ice spear build at all?
Last edited by Kurnis on Mar 12, 2019, 9:46:03 PM
"
Kurnis wrote:

Okay. I looked at your pob, and you only have 140k dps. and thats IF you are reserving your life down to 22% WITHOUT shavs or solaris lorica. So either your damage is super low (around 100k), or you die to a single chaos hit.

You say you're clearing t10? How are you doing it? I have a hard time believing your build is doing anything around t10 remotely quickly (or safely)

Edit: upon looking, I see you're focusing on winter orb and not Ice spear. Then why do an ice spear build at all?

I've taken a lot of the day to completely transition to ES and drop EO. Still sourcing some regrets and tweaking other gear/flasks, playing with PoB, etc. Swapped over to pure WO to speedrun lower tier maps in the meantime. With proper spec with the very same gear and actually running my damage flasks, I have a PoB DPS of around 500k with WO/IS, Uber ascendancy should bump it up to around 550k.

When I had more invested into health, chaos was honestly not a problem between leech and the fact that most chaos sources aren't so bursty/chunky as they are DoT and the like. I'll see how it fares when I make the full change. Again, if I find it too hard to manage, there shouldn't be much problem with going CI.

If you want to see the build in action, JN1K5's twitch should have the vod's running yellows. My setup isn't much different than his.
lol,

Shavronne's Wrappings 6L starts at 10 ex , nice price fix.
Always happens as soon as a build appears as "featured build" in the forums build list section.
i dont understand how tu run all auras + artic armour. Clarity, discipline, Hatred, Hearald of ice, zealotry...
"
pvpkaos wrote:
i dont understand how tu run all auras + artic armour. Clarity, discipline, Hatred, Hearald of ice, zealotry...

Discipline, Hatred and Zealotry go into your shield (the prism guardian unique shield states that socketed gems have blood magic). This means that they will reserve your life pool instead of your mana pool. Also, there is a 25% reduced reservation.

Clarity, herald of ice, arctic armour go into normal piece of gear. These do not have any "blood magic" modifiers, so they reserve your mana pool.
"
T2tehimeless wrote:
"
pvpkaos wrote:

Discipline, Hatred and Zealotry go into your shield (the prism guardian unique shield states that socketed gems have blood magic). This means that they will reserve your life pool instead of your mana pool. Also, there is a 25% reduced reservation.

Clarity, herald of ice, arctic armour go into normal piece of gear. These do not have any "blood magic" modifiers, so they reserve your mana pool.

THX YOU!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info