Poe's act content needs to be dramatically rebalanced

"
666lol666 wrote:
Are you really arguing about the issue? Why? The op is 100% right. Of course it's completely bs that casters only need about a quarter of the time leveling their chars.

What is BS is people believing such nonsense, it's mind-blowing honestly, forum warriors full power LOL !
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I'm leveling a new char for fun right now and I'm using storm brand, considering its one of the best spell now the only way to be as competitive with a melee is to use the best unique weapon for your current level and Vaal double trike/Vaal warchief.

Anyway intrinsically melee is harder because its more dependant on itemization.

On a side note, War Banner is a fucking god send ! This fixed my accuracy problem with melee for leveling which is something horrible early.
Last edited by ffogell on Feb 15, 2019, 10:26:10 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
Are you really arguing about the issue? Why? The op is 100% right. Of course it's completely bs that casters only need about a quarter of the time leveling their chars.

What is BS is people believing such nonsense, it's mind-blowing honestly, forum warriors full power LOL !

Please don't try to be the smartass. I leveled a cleave/dualstrike melee char and a pp caster this league so believe it or not the truth is that the caster made the whole screen explode since lvl 12 and was able to completely ignore everything. Even trying to compare a melee char to a caster char in 3.5 is ridiculous.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Nephalim wrote:

-In the time it takes for a bow or wand user just to finish A10 and be level 60 and not even have maxed resists, a spell caster would have already reached level 80+ with over 5,000 life and decent gear.

What? No. Not even close.

If you're struggling this much just to clear acts, you're either using terrible gear or not planning out your passive tree very well for leveling (I suspect this, I'll explain in a sec). NOBODY who's been playing Path for more than a couple of seasons should ever take more than 6 hours to clear act 10, and that's assuming league start / zero twink gear.

What I meant by planning out your passive tree well for leveling: I don't know what your build specifics are and I don't care enough to check, but when I make ranged attack builds I do mostly elemental damage scaling with tons of crit and crit multi, because that gives me better damage returns with high level gear. The problem with this is that you get NO damage returns on shit gear. So if you're making crit rangers and struggling to have enough damage to beat the acts, it's probably because you aren't allocating your points in a way that gives you any low level damage scaling.

This isn't at all a problem with act content, which is already fall-asleep-in-your-chair easy. Just spend some of your free 20+ respec points on passives that will help you short-term and you'll be fine.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:

Please don't try to be the smartass. I leveled a cleave/dualstrike melee char and a pp caster this league so believe it or not the truth is that the caster made the whole screen explode since lvl 12 and was able to completely ignore everything. Even trying to compare a melee char to a caster char in 3.5 is ridiculous.

Soo ...
- cleave = all melee
- you = know exactly how to level efficiently with a melee char

Both wrong of course.
Please level up with blight from scratch and tell us how spells are bad afterward next time.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 15, 2019, 7:13:20 PM
"
Fruz wrote:

- cleave = all melee

I guess it's the other way around isn't it? Because everytime someone states that melee is fine he is talking about ms. So it's more like
MS = all melee

If I'm wrong feel free to enlighten me and please name 2-3 of those mysterious melee skills that made melee great again.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
"
666lol666 wrote:
I guess it's the other way around isn't it? Because everytime someone states that melee is fine he is talking about ms. So it's more like
MS = all melee

In the same way that spells are shit because Shock nova is shit, right ?

/s

*sigh*

Have you ever heard of ... let's say ... sunder ? Cyclone ?
"
Fruz wrote:

Not only heard I played both builds for quite some time back in the days when they were strong. But in 3.5 they both suck ass. Cyclone for example is so horribly slow until you use it to proc some screenwide AOE spells but if you do I stop calling that melee.
Does anyone have a streamer/racer doing an untwinked bow char run to Act 10? Even with years of experience leveling a ranger it still takes a good 6-7 hours to do what any random player with a little practice could do with storm brand 4 hours.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

Not only heard I played both builds for quite some time back in the days when they were strong. But in 3.5 they both suck ass. Cyclone for example is so horribly slow until you use it to proc some screenwide AOE spells but if you do I stop calling that melee.

what ?
Did they magically become crap in 3.5 because ... you said so ?

No they didn't, if anything powercreep has been affecting those skills as well, and now crafting good weapons has been made even easier ...

Cyclone is horribly slow ... if you don't know how to build it, player issue there again.

I leveled a cyclone assassin in SSF HC Incursion up until 90, I was reaching 100 + millions xp/hour in between 80 and 90, that isn't anything slow FFS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info