Poe's act content needs to be dramatically rebalanced

"
stevich wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
There is currently a collosal gap between spells and non spells when it comes to progression in the initial act content which in turns affects progression all the way up to mid tier maps.

Yes, especially at league start when you havent lvled a spell caster (as everyone does and should) and you dont have actual good bows and melee weapons.

"
Nephalim wrote:

A possible solution: Reduce the health of non boss monsters in act content omewhat and reduce the health of act bosses moderately.

No. Don't like it this way.
Generally i would like the non boss monsters to even have abit more life and i wouldnt touch the life of bosses in acts.
They should buff true melee skills. Not the kind of melee they push now that are just poor excuses of a melee skill but actually act more like spells.
I mean you could buff cleave 30% flat at all stages and it still wouldnt clear nearly as fast as spells because it lacks aoe and you need to run to the enemies you want to hit.

But yeah this is pretty much a dead horse by now.

They shouldnt make the act progression easier. They did that a long time ago.
What is challenging during act progression? Maybe Innocence, Kitava and grathgul or what that bear is called.

It is the relative challenge of the 3 archetypes and the amount of progression you lose if you start off as anything other than a meta spell caster.

In the time it takes to reach act 10 level 60 with uncapped resists with a non-spell user you could have likely made it to T6 maps with a level 80 spell caster with 5200+ life. That just is not right.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
This isn't about balancing the acts... it's about character balance. There will never be character balance. Your choices matter. Some will have it easy. Some will have it hard. Some will cap out at T10 maps. Others will wipe T16. You. Decide. What. You. Find. Fun.
my first league was in essence league and every time i've levelled a ranger its always a bit of a slog unless you can pick up a decent bow early on. and i'd never recommend someone playing for the first time to play one... just too reliant on gear unfortunately, but i think the act bosses are fine and the rest.
Is the OP serious about this? Leveling during acts is the problem? Lmao
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
This isn't about balancing the acts... it's about character balance. There will never be character balance. Your choices matter. Some will have it easy. Some will have it hard. Some will cap out at T10 maps. Others will wipe T16. You. Decide. What. You. Find. Fun.

And thats fine. But if a whole archtype is just a dumpster fire, thats a real problem.

I have seen what character balance to the last logical end point means in World of warcraft as it is now.
It is bland.
That being said if one archtype dominates the others it creates a similar situation. This problem has such a long histroy in poe and they addressed it abit in 2.0. Casters have gotten so much more tools now that its out of whack again as it used to.
You have to remember to chase and catch your dreams, because if you don't, your imagination will live in empty spaces, and that's nowhere land.
It’s not really about act content and it’s not really about attacks vs spells or even class balance. It’s about weapon damage. That’s what scales attacks.

Somebody above implied using the vendor recipe required luck or alcs. Well, lcs aren’t exactly rare when you consider essences are also alcs and since you don’t care bout the rolls you can use any whispering or muttering essence. The purpose of most of those vendor recipes is to take luck out of the equation and gove you access to reasonable leveling gear. People not using them is not a reason to rebalance the game.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Feb 14, 2019, 10:26:51 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
-In the time it takes for a bow or wand user just to finish A10 and be level 60 and not even have maxed resists, a spell caster would have already reached level 80+ with over 5,000 life and decent gear.

I stopped reading the OP there, like ...

RaizQT just leveled a melee character from scratch and reached maps within 5 hours just last week I think, and if it wasn't 5 hours it was 6.
So ... with bows or wands ???
If you want people to take you seriously, you are going to need to not start your thread with such nonsense, this is really not helping you making any point here.
Yes, leveling caster is a bit easier ... especially when you don't know what you are doing, that isn't restricted to act content though, it's true in maps too.

Crafting weapons (even during leveling) has never been as easy as now btw.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 14, 2019, 11:24:33 AM
Reading the OP I feel like I'm playing a whole different game, lol.
I find levelling as a non caster much easier than as a caster, since the damage seems to be higher, as long as you keep upgrading your weapons via the recipe. Regarding the rare rustic sashs: you can use all those low tier essences to make them rare, it's not like you're ever going to use them anyways.
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::

"
Fruz wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
-In the time it takes for a bow or wand user just to finish A10 and be level 60 and not even have maxed resists, a spell caster would have already reached level 80+ with over 5,000 life and decent gear.

I stopped reading the OP there, like ...

RaizQT just leveled a melee character from scratch and reached maps within 5 hours just last week I think, and if it wasn't 5 hours it was 6.
So ... with bows or wands ???
If you want people to take you seriously, you are going to need to not start your thread with such nonsense, this is really not helping you making any point here.
Yes, leveling caster is a bit easier ... especially when ayou don't know what you are doing, that isn't restricted to act content though, it's true in maps too.

Crafting weapons (even during leveling) has never been as easy as now btw.

Is there a link to this? Even melee still has more tools for leveling than ranged attack does.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 14, 2019, 11:44:02 AM
Low tier essences probably have the best use as alchs for the weapon or other recipes that need a rare item. It takes 2187 Whispering essences to craft up to a Deafening or 729 for a Screaming which clearly is not going to be obtainable.

Going off into crazy territory though, the huge difference between the floor and ceiling of attacks is quite notable. On one hand it is possible to struggle with some attack builds during the main storyline, but then you get this level 36 deathless Uber Elder kill that clearly (ab)uses various flat damage stacking options along with Scourge Arrow to very quickly get insane damage for that level.

So much of the game can be effectively trivialized by simply knowing its mechanics.

See https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system for the vendor recipe system, and in particular the Crafting section for such things as +1 to skill gem levels or the Weapon with (40 to 69%) Increased Physical Damage craft.
Last edited by Jackalope_Gaming on Feb 14, 2019, 11:35:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info