Poe's act content needs to be dramatically rebalanced

"
Fruz wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

Have you ever heard of ... let's say ... sunder ? Cyclone ?

Not only heard I played both builds for quite some time back in the days when they were strong. But in 3.5 they both suck ass. Cyclone for example is so horribly slow until you use it to proc some screenwide AOE spells but if you do I stop calling that melee.

what ?
Did they magically become crap in 3.5 because ... you said so ?

No they didn't, if anything powercreep has been affecting those skills as well, and now crafting good weapons has been made even easier ...

Cyclone is horribly slow ... if you don't know how to build it, player issue there again.

I leveled a cyclone assassin in SSF HC Incursion up until 90, I was reaching 100 + millions xp/hour in between 80 and 90, that isn't anything slow FFS.

I give up, you win. Wish you all the best with your secret super fast cyclone build no one else knows anything about. I'll stick to my noobish caster stuff because I'm to stupid to properly build a melee char or even play a great melee build properly. ;)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Feb 17, 2019, 2:55:38 PM
My characters are public, the character ripped to Atziri so it's in SSF standard now, poison based cyclone.

Yes, cyclone can be fast.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I'd definitely agree that progression through act content isn't particularly smooth, especially as a new player.

Unless I'm leveling a twinked out pre-planned character, I definitely feel that progression hits spikes of difficulty rather than a gradual curve of increasing difficulty.

Part of that is definitely the tree, but a great deal falls onto the skill gems themselves. Meta becomes meta for a reason.

The thing that made the least sense to me is being restricted on the level cap on gems while still leveling - considering the time and experience required to max a gem, it's not like its preventing a massive spike in effectiveness. It would make more sense to me that if level caps must be placed on gem levels, they should at least be in line enough so that you're always chasing the next level during act progression and never waiting on a character level.
Yep, totally over league play.
So with stormbrand, the very best players can get to level 85 in about 6-7 hours. This is only a bit longher than it takes a fairly experienced player to get to Act 10 with a non spell caster.

It blows my mind poe has reached a point where players can reach level 85 in under 7 hours, on hardcore and without any twink gear. I have taken the advice from this thread and watched several race vods and sadly it still takes me a good 5 hours and 30 minutes just to finish act 10 with a ranger. A very experienced racer could probly do it in 5 or so but considering the same player could get to 85 with a storm brander, why would they right?

It's dissapointing to see melee and ranged fall so far behind both in the early and mid game whilst spell casters get new and better tools each league.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/au4o1d/kammells_race_to_85_february_23rd_results_rip/
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 24, 2019, 2:09:54 AM
"
Nephalim wrote:
So with stormbrand, the very best players can get to level 85 in about 6-7 hours. This is only a bit longher than it takes a fairly experienced player to get to Act 10 with a non spell caster.

Did you just compare "the very best player" to "a farily experienced player" and just tried to conclude something out of it ???

On top of that, comparing what is probably the best skill atm for racing to "non spell-caster" generally ?

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 24, 2019, 2:18:35 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Did you just compare "the very best player" to "a farily experienced player" and just tried to conclude something out of it ???

Can you show me a vid of a high level racer getting to level 85 or even act 10 with a bow ranger so I have a better baseline then? I don't think even these world class players could get anywhere near 6-7 hour level 85s with a bow ranger. If it's the case some racer out there has managed to do it in even 8-10 hours, I will gladly retract my comments about poe act content being grossly imbalanced.
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 24, 2019, 2:23:11 AM
yep i quit before clear the whole game reason : 1) as melee my dmg was bad = bored.
Masters skill fest flashing monitor and random death = boring .
"
ErPorpetta wrote:
yep i quit before clear the whole game reason : 1) as melee my dmg was bad = bored.
Masters skill fest flashing monitor and random death = boring .

Your reasoning = boring.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Can you show me a vid of a high level racer getting to level 85 or even act 10 with a bow ranger so I have a better baseline then? I don't think even these world class players could get anywhere near 6-7 hour level 85s with a bow ranger. If it's the case some racer out there has managed to do it in even 8-10 hours, I will gladly retract my comments about poe act content being grossly imbalanced.

I wish I could.

Top racers can kill a10 Kitava within 5 hours on a completely fresh start with an attack based build ( = sunder usually I think ), if I recall correctly ( I saw RaizQT doing it starting the "melee uber elder SSF HC challenge".
I'm not sure about a bow ranger.

It's not the act content being unbalanced, it's the skills balance that is kinda messed up all together ( many around here exagerrate quite a lot though ).
And brands are completely bonkers it seems also.

Have there been any attack users in that race ?
Every single one of those racers used storm brand on a witch or a hobo and the top contenders managed to get to act 10 in 3-4 hours.

Even without storm brands, you can still get amazing run times(I'd wager within 25% of the total run time) using arc trap or BV. Spell casters have so much tools at their disposal say other archetypes just seem crude in comparison.

Lightning spire trap/any other high level trap gives immense single target, is persistent, and requires little investment. This can be splashed into any spell buid.
Bbrands, even without any investment can be used for extra damage or to proc blind/pcharge/combustion. This can be splashed into any spell build.

Flame dash is miles better than blink arrow and the top racers even incoporate shield charge into their storm brand builds. The former can be splashed into any build.

Brands/Light spire require so little input and have so much persistance. You can cast it and do nothing but run and dodge where as any other arcthetype has to stand around mashing the attack key like an idiot waiting to get hit.

For the last 2 weeks I've ran a good 5 rangers to act 7 and another 2 to level 80+ just to see how fast a relatively mediroce racer like myself could go and each time it was miles miles behind. It's not fun getting slapped around by the same content that spell users can one shot in 3 seconds nor is it fun praying rng drops you a good weapon or enough essences to to craft/rustic sash recipe one either.

"

Top racers can kill a10 Kitava within 5 hours on a completely fresh start with an attack based build ( = sunder usually I think ), if I recall correctly ( I saw RaizQT doing it starting the "melee uber elder SSF HC challenge".
I'm not sure about a bow ranger.

Well that is not too far off from my run time of 5:30 but I was obviously not doing it on HC.
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 24, 2019, 3:59:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info