Poe's act content needs to be dramatically rebalanced

"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Reading the OP I feel like I'm playing a whole different game, lol.
I find levelling as a non caster much easier than as a caster, since the damage seems to be higher, as long as you keep upgrading your weapons via the recipe. Regarding the rare rustic sashs: you can use all those low tier essences to make them rare, it's not like you're ever going to use them anyways.

Is there a link to this? Even melee still has more tools for leveling than ranged attack does.

What do you mean by link? Essences always make a normal item rare or a rare item normal. The recipe with the rustic sash also works for ranged weapons I think (correct me if I'm wrong).
::::::::▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄::::::::::::::
::::::▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌:::::::::::
:::: ▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█:::::::::
::  ▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌:::::::
::▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄:::::
"
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Reading the OP I feel like I'm playing a whole different game, lol.
I find levelling as a non caster much easier than as a caster, since the damage seems to be higher, as long as you keep upgrading your weapons via the recipe. Regarding the rare rustic sashs: you can use all those low tier essences to make them rare, it's not like you're ever going to use them anyways.

Is there a link to this? Even melee still has more tools for leveling than ranged attack does.

What do you mean by link? Essences always make a normal item rare or a rare item normal. The recipe with the rustic sash also works for ranged weapons I think (correct me if I'm wrong).

I misquoted the wrong person. I wanted to see the 4 hour melee run.

As for essences yes, you can burn them on sashes but a build not incrementally reliant on it could use it to greatly enhance gear.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
ya right spells are so much better to level ....
did you even bother to check the manacosts of most 4linked spells?

i.e. level 10 arc can easily cost around 40 mana in a 4 link for every cast and you are unable to leech mana without warlords mark.

spells just have different problems during leveling.
"
ciel289 wrote:

i.e. level 10 arc can easily cost around 40 mana in a 4 link for every cast and you are unable to leech mana without warlords mark.

Spells are vastly easier to level with than bows or wants but aparently not melee.
It is much easier to solve mana issues than it is to scale intrinsitic numerical scaling issues early on.

Also, brands have very low mana cost and last for a very long time.
It was on stream, there might be some of it remaining in the saved clip ?
I don't know, it's possible, the streamer name is RaizQT.

He is a very good racer though, you need to know what you're doing with attacks more than with spell I guess, but it can be very fast.
Which one would be faster ? I don't know, he leveled up with Armageddon brand early league and that must have been really fast too, but that's a fotm skill there ...
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
It was on stream, there might be some of it remaining in the saved clip ?
I don't know, it's possible, the streamer name is RaizQT.

He is a very good racer though, you need to know what you're doing with attacks more than with spell I guess, but it can be very fast.
Which one would be faster ? I don't know, he leveled up with Armageddon brand early league and that must have been really fast too, but that's a fotm skill there ...

Can't find it other than a 4 hour run 1 year ago with a sunder zerker. I don't know if either things have changed significantly in the time since then nor do I understand why he still manages to do it so fast despite having to slog through most of the act bosses where a spell caster could nearly one shot them. Either ways its still very impressive and I would love to find a 4 hour untwinked bow run as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blJcDRupdNU&t=7868s
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 14, 2019, 12:01:59 PM

low tier essences dont have much value beyond pre map content and upgrading them more than 1 tier is rarely an option. on top of that there are essences that you wont need most of the time (i.e. minion or base stat ones)

while you could aim for "good" upgrades with essences,these "upgrades" gurn from good into bad very fsat,

crafting or buying "good" gear is kinda a wasted during leveling. as long as your gear gets you through the acts everything is fine.

master crafting can turn nealry any rare with 1-2 useable not even good rolled mods into a decent leveling item. thats btw the reason lower tier mastercrafting is so dirt cheap.

turning a few alts/augs or if you really wanna push it alcs into 1 stat of your choice makes it so easy,that i understand why ppl even think about "buying" items during leveling.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:

Spells are vastly easier to level with than bows or wants but aparently not melee.
It is much easier to solve mana issues than it is to scale intrinsitic numerical scaling issues early on.

is it hard to fix mana problems for spells ? no,but it takes as much effort to do it as it takes to keep upgrading your weapons.

both is incredibly easy,if! you use the tools the game is offering you for it.
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:

is it hard to fix mana problems for spells ? no,but it takes as much effort to do it as it takes to keep upgrading your weapons.

both is incredibly easy,if! you use the tools the game is offering you for it.

A mana flask is still easier to come by than essences and overcoming mana while having enough damage to 1 shot bosses is still far better than not lacking mana but requiring essences to generate sashses to incrementally generate pds weapons and be nowehere near the threshold to 1 shot bosses.
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 14, 2019, 12:17:40 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

A mana flask is still easier to come by than essences and overcoming mana while having enough damage to 1 shot bosses is still far better than not lacking mana but requiring essences to generate sashses to incrementally generate pds weapons and be nowehere near the threshold to 1 shot bosses.

now you are pretending as if the essence crafted belt for the vendor recipe is the only option to get a useable weapon....
seriusly...

best itembase for your current level -> whetstone -> alc + mastercraft

suitable rare weapon drop for your build -> hitting 1-2 dmg mods on it (they dont have to scale each other like flat phy+ % phy) -> mastercraft

most of the time these 2 options a more than enough to get a decent leveling weapon

the vendor recipe is just an additional option

you dont need "good" gear for leveling at all,the gear just has to be good enough

good items only become intresting when you hit the "best" baseitem option (normaly between itemlevel 60 to 70),at that point "good" items are more than enough to make you destroy mid tier maps

everything below that is normaly irrelevant as soon as you really start to min max your equipment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info