[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

Is it worth going up to the new mysticism node through the jewel socket at the top of the witch area? Seems pretty decent
Last edited by fckye on Mar 6, 2019, 10:56:38 AM
Thanks for a really great looking build, along with a detailed guide. Most likely will be my league starter in 3.6.
Last edited by HouseOfBalloons on Mar 7, 2019, 12:36:47 AM
Nice build. Will probably go this way as my old Scion Elementalist/Slayer has been nerfed.

What do u think about picking Power Charge nodes and go with Void battery ?
Any thoughts on new added support gem energy leech support ? Eldrich battery + mom, hybrid gear and reserve the rest mana for new crit aura and something else ? also flat 200 ES per second from ascendency on conc ground. Thinking :3
Oh well build is supposed to be friendly, this stuff only works +95lvl and too much hastle with gear, nvm i guess :D cant delete messages LUL
Last edited by Endalay on Mar 6, 2019, 10:36:16 PM
I have the same thought. I want to go ES leech gem and Ghost reaver. I think it will be awesome.
For anyone interested:
1. No acro/phase acro and more dmg
https://pastebin.com/3HiH81KY

2. No acro/phase acro, a bit less life and even more dmg
https://pastebin.com/mir6AK2k

Also regarding the ES/consacrated ground, i'm not sure we can give up 4 ascendancy points for the consacrated ground stuff
Last edited by valy25031 on Mar 7, 2019, 6:22:47 AM
Will there be ascendancy changes since concecrated ground buff, ive seen Zizaran taking it on a race, possibly for easier respec to ES later...?
Last edited by V4d_Sk1ff on Mar 7, 2019, 8:30:24 AM
any idea on what body armour would replace loreweave?
New YouTube Video out for the guide! Trees are updated. Keeping an eye out for relevant things in Synthesis League for this build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5RmwInHtvo&list=PLnoucF9SPbntkErhIbsogOfZKI1MvX314

"
I've been playing this in SSF and it's going well so far. Agreed that Storm Brand seems a bit too easy to play. A lot of the time the trouble I'm having is standing around not doing anything!

Three questions

1. I've noticed other Storm Brand builds also using Hypothermia in the links. Will this requires some cold spell damage in your build in order to activate (you have one abyss gem with cold spell damage)

2. I started the character because I had picked up a 6L Eclipse Staff (SSF) but unsure how to craft it to beat any wands/daggers/shield combination. Is it even viable to play staff, and would there be any way to improve it with the skill tree?

3. I haven't picked up acrobatics yet, and wondering how useful it is. All my gear is AR/ES and I'm wondering if it's going to be worth all the points (I always play acrobatics on EV characters)
1) EDIT: You cannot chill with this build without a significant amount of cold damage.

2) Staff is fine but I find leap slam to be a little awkward compared to other movement abilities. With the new skill tree Staves might be a good choice though. As with all my guides, they are guidelines and I do encourage people to mix it up and make the build their own!

3) Acro and Phase Acro are great value and I personally use it on a lot of builds. Like the above - feel free to experiment and do something different with your tree.

"
Storm Brand
Mana Cost at gem level 20 is now 21 (was 20).
Now deals 2 to 7 Lightning damage at gem level 1 (from 3 to 8) and 75 to 225 Lightning damage at gem level 20 (from 97 to 290).
Now has an added damage effectiveness of 30% (from 35%).

How bad will this impact the build ?
It's still very good.

"
Is it worth going up to the new mysticism node through the jewel socket at the top of the witch area? Seems pretty decent
Go for it - There are probably ways to optimize this build depending on your specific gear setup. What you have in the guide are my recommendations.

"
Thanks for a really great looking build, along with a detailed guide. Most likely will be my league starter in 3.6.
Glad you like it. I will be starting this and playing it on stream if you're into that. I play completely solo but in a trade league and plan on pushing the highest level of content with this build.

"
Nice build. Will probably go this way as my old Scion Elementalist/Slayer has been nerfed.

What do u think about picking Power Charge nodes and go with Void battery ?
I prefer not using wands because of movement abilities and fortify.

"
Any thoughts on new added support gem energy leech support ? Eldrich battery + mom, hybrid gear and reserve the rest mana for new crit aura and something else ? also flat 200 ES per second from ascendency on conc ground. Thinking :3
Oh well build is supposed to be friendly, this stuff only works +95lvl and too much hastle with gear, nvm i guess :D cant delete messages LUL
It's a good support gem for ES builds. This isn't an ES build. If you want to go off the beaten path and play this as ES it would probably be quite strong but that's neither beginner friendly or intuitive at all and those are things this guide cares about. :P

"
Will there be ascendancy changes since concecrated ground buff, ive seen Zizaran taking it on a race, possibly for easier respec to ES later...?
I will not be picking up the new ascendancy points.

"
any idea on what body armour would replace loreweave?
Loreweave is still fantastic but a good Shaper Rare or any of the uniques I mention in the guide are good choices.

Last edited by thi3n on Apr 2, 2019, 2:04:58 PM
Thanks for the build !
Took the core of the build and did my own to reach 1M dps on shaper . quite nice
Eckalina Old Low life rf spark build
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/322848
Last edited by Ecka on Mar 7, 2019, 3:57:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info