[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

Really enjoying your guides thank you for your work on them. Any thoughts on an Armageddon Brand set up?
What would you say would be order of importance for upgrades overall? Sold all my stuff on old char and want to build this one sitting on around 17ex maybe up to 20ish with other currency.
With your budget overall, I would probably go for a Loreweave (3-5), a Watcher's (3), and a good dagger (5-7). That's ~ 13 ex, leaving you 4+ to fill in the rest of your slots with decent gear. See below for more details.

A 6L Loreweave is really nice, but you could also go with a 6L Vaal Regalia at ~400 ES for ~ 1 to 2 ex for a budget 6L. EDIT: I just noticed that Voeid is playing with a CI-level regalia. That will run you in the same range as a Loreweave for 700-800 ES and no special mods. With a heavy ES hybrid build you are getting a multiplier over 3 on that ES.

If you want to try the shield version of the build, the Light of Lunaris is about the same price as a good non-endgame dagger, and you don't actually give up much damage.

Aul's Uprising is nice, but I would skip it on your budget as the Wrath reserves no mana mod makes it 10-15 ex. Put Wrath in an Essence Worm instead, per the OP's basic build.

The Watcher's Eye can be expensive depending on mods. Defensive mods in Voeid's variant are Gain #% of maximum mana as extra max energy shield, and #% of damage taken from mana before life (both while affected by Clarity). Those two together will run you 10 to 20 ex. The first is by far the more expensive though.

A nice offensive mod on WE is #% increased lightning while affected by wrath. You can pick up damage from mana along with increased lighting for 2-4 ex, which is what I suggested at the top for your budget.

Dagger(s) I would shop for carefully. You can get some decent damage for 50 c if you're patient. End game versions with shaper chaos and other mods are all over the map depending on the day, but I would expect to pay 5+ ex for one and be a little patient.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 20, 2019, 5:47:03 PM
maybe already answered but i really want to know why did u have your assasin's mark at level 5 (which requires level 40) and cast when dmg taken at level 1 that grants only 38 or less

greetings and thanks
Loreweave is a fine 6L to start with but not an end game item after the nerfs sadly. My main consideration when upgrading was the +2 to aoe gems corruption which is a 15% dmg increase on its own. I was lucky enough to find a player that heavily undervalued this corruption so I basically only paid for base with high ES roll.

A god tier chest for this spec would in my opinion be Skin of the Loyal with a double corruption +2 aoe +2 duration gems and 5b 1r sockets. Pop a lvl 4 Empower in there and we are looking at a base lvl 21 Storm Brand getting +4 from corruption, +1 from chest itself and +4 from Empower. That's a lvl 30 Storm Brand. :)

As for Watcher's Eye, not a lot of people are playing Mind over Matter, so you can find the one I am using relatively cheaply, I think I paid for mine about 7ex.
Hadn't played since I think open beta / early release, and only ever got to around level 50 then.

Currently level 90, gearing up.
Started with nothing in my bank, was able to map up only relying on drops. Currently, I've bought the loreweave i'm wearing for 30C, and one of my daggers for 10C ish.

Easily leveled, and only really started slowing down at the tier 13 maps where I'm at now. Just have to figure out how to gear up better and the speed should come back.

Nice guide, easy build.
Signed, Plebian.
thank you i enjoy the build so far, still need to improve some of my gear.
Hey people,
I miss an endgame lvl 100 tree. Could you please share yours or your goal? I am not sure, what I should aim for... thanks!
This is how it looks with HH and Rampage Gloves. BTW those gloves changed my gameplay, now its much more fun than even before xD

Jewels - trash, hard to find good with trade system there.

Sorry quality, PS4. And this is also with Ventor rings and rarity Amulet.

https://youtu.be/KGWikLx2acM
https://youtu.be/UNjlPCXgi-k

what would be the best mods to put in the dagger for more the dps?

my dagger now have only % elemental damage as extra chaos damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info