[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

"
Could you use this builds with arc totems as a secondary spell
Runebinder Keystone gives you -1 maximum totems. This wouldn't be recommended.

"
Hello, I would like to know if the build works well in synthesis hardcore.
Thanks
I'm not super experienced with Hardcore but every character is hardcore viable if you don't die. *points at head*

"
Im having a question about this build i cant seem to find the anwser anywhere. But why is attack speed so important to this build? I found nothing that scales with attack speed besides the movement skills.
You're correct - that's literally the only reason you want attack speed with this build.

"
If shock dosent have any impact then it seems: conc, ele focus, added lighting, controlled destruction, and increased crit strikes would be the top combo according to BoP. Is anyone using that? Its a 40% dps increase. Looking to up my damage on my gem choices.
I was going to do a longer explanation for this in a video - but the short version is that shock and chill want higher damage single hits. There are a couple reasons to not use ele focus though - you still want to apply an ignite (for Inquisitor multi against targets with ailments applied). End of the day just experiment with different skill gems until you find a setup that feels nice and works for you.

"
Best build that i ever follow.

Did all the content in the game for the first time. uber elder, shaper, uber atziri, atlas is 158/159.
I am at 33/40 challenges almost getting the wings.

Thank you por posting this build
Glad you like it.

"
Hey,
i have a short question. What is better, Loreweave or Inpulsa's Broken Heart and why?

Great Job thi3n! :)
I'll be answering this most likely in a video talking about storm brand but the way it mechanically functions with killing and reattaching to nearby enemies impulsas really doesn't do much for the build. Loreweave is just a great all around chest but it's honestly a nice flexible spot to maybe even work in a shaper rare.

"
Multi Modded Daggers-
Alt/Regal/Annul to isolate the Elemental as extra chaos and then multi mod and craft the rest. Which specific mods are best for your setup will be individual based on what you have already.

I haven't tried HC, but I know there are three things I would want in a hardcore character, assuming it was not a classic face tank build:
1. Ability to do the vast majority of my damage from range;
2. Short cast times;
3. Either:
a. Massive burst damage with cooldown, or
b. Damage over time

This build has all of that, since Storm Brand and LST both act like DoTs (even though they aren't, technically).

You don't have to get close, and you don't have to stop moving to DPS. Storm Brand is especially nice in that it has a short cast, and is recastable instantly with Brand Recall.

You also have the flexibility to balance your effective health somewhat between life, ES and mana.

On the other hand, you can certainly die if you don't move fast enough or don't understand a particular boss mechanic, so I wouldn't call it an ultra safe HC build.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 8, 2019, 10:23:49 PM
Thank you very much for the build. I cleared Uber Elder and pretty much all content. So easy and powerful!
I will follow your next builds.
HF
Hey, just wanted to thank you so much for this build.

I've been playing PoE pretty much off-and-on (more off than on) since launch. When it came out for PS4 I told my friends it was the game I had played the most while enjoying the least. This build absolutely transformed my understanding of the game, but moreso, your explanation of leveling and gem linking while leveling is the single best text-based explanation I've read in the last 6 or so years. You've completely invigorated my love of this game, and I really really appreciate it.

Beyond that, the build is extremely fun to play and everything else I've tried in the few weeks pales in comparison. Thank you so much for your effort!
Just curious whether anyone has tried ES leech with this build. That would likely involve going with a Vaal Regalia and Ethereal Feast.

I currently have a Regalia with 600+ ES, which was the best option for a 5L at the time, and I get over 1k total ES. Can get an 800+ 6L for about the same price as a Loreweave, depending on the day, so I've been debating which way to go.

Ethereal Feast is an easy experiment, so I will try it with the 5L when I hit 90, but was just wondering whether anyone had already been that route.

Cheers
Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 11, 2019, 8:10:54 AM
going to try this build as i am not much experienced in POE, wish me luck.
On Storm Brand support...

I've been doing some comps finally and got to the following with my current build at 89, which I think is fairly typical:

These are in rank order of damage boost for me:
Conc Eff
Ele Foc
Added Lightning
Cont Dest
Incr Crit %
Incr Crit Dam
Fast Cast (need more work to confirm this is really at the bottom...)

I did not test Empower because my 5L is all blue

I don't see people using Ele Foc with Storm Brand in this build, and I wasn't initially until I tested it. The trade-off is that you lose shock, but shock works best with big hits against small health (i.e. non boss) mobs while brands do damage with a lot of small hits, so replacing one of the bottom 3 with Ele Focus appears to be a good move.

Anyway, would be curious to know what other folks are seeing with your builds. Not only do the numbers work out better for me, replacing the bottom tier gems with Conc Eff and Ele Focus has taken the build to where I can evaporate a lot of T11-13 bosses in a few seconds - much faster than before.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 12, 2019, 9:16:00 AM
Hello! Very thanks for the build, got nice gameplay.

Need help, cant decide what to craft on last suffix:

As i can see mostly its Cast Speed, but you can craft Critical Strike Chance for Spells. And since you can run and use brand recall, cast speed isnt needed, or is it all for faster recasting brands ?

Please ;)
Improvements to cast speed also cause the time between brand activations to drop, which does improve damage. Since most mobs are one or two shot though, the impact on anything but a boss will be negligible.

Whether improved crit chance or faster cast would give you better bossing DPS is going to depend on your set-up and the numbers you roll. If you decide to experiment, let us know what you find out! (My guess is the difference will be small.)
Hey , Just updated my gear and did deathless uber elder
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info