[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

first of all thanks for nice build!having a lot of fun.
I have a question about 2× dagger or dagger +shield. I like to have more survivability but not sure if it is worth goiing for a shield or not and if so, what kind of stats would i be looking for on the shield?
thanks for the help
"
The thing is if you go the wrath route the suggested nodes make more sense, if you go the zealotry route the other two mods make more sense... that’s how this game works though. Most importantly though if the guide suggests going one direction you can’t fault it for suggesting the companion direction somewhere else. I have always had better luck finding/buying good wands than daggers so I tweaked my tree to fit that slightly different role. That doesn’t mean that the guide is wrong, this isn’t Enki’s Arc witch guide that spoon feeds everything anyway even though it is a very good guide.
I think the spirit of what you're saying is that the guide isn't a strict guideline and there is a lot of flexibility. Most of my content I present what I recommend, what I used, and what I managed to accomplish with what I used. If you manage to get a watchers eye with some relevant Zealotry stuff it may be totally correct to go a different direction. If you get a GG wand then by all means use a wand. Having decisions and taking a guideline and moving stuff around is really the beauty of PoE.

"
What is the use of attack speed in this build? Simply a QoL for whirling blades? Or does it affect storm brand in any way?

ty!
Yes attack speed is purely for movement ability. I list it as a priority because at some point (and it's different for everyone) damage stops becoming a bottleneck and survivability or quality of life (faster movement) becomes important to players. Like the above - it's individual preference.

"
Ty Thi3n ! Thanks to your work I was able to get into what it seemed like a very complex game, you made it easy for me to learn and to have fun while doing it . Again many many thanks , awesome work !
Glad you enjoyed the build!

"
As a brand new player that's been playing since the Synthesis league start, I must say, this build is very easy to play and also very powerful. I'm currently level 83 and I'm smashing tier 10 maps without a problem. Progression during the story was also very smooth. I just have one question, what jewels would you recommend in the passive skill tree? I currently have two slots and I'm using Crit Strike Multiplier with Lightning Skills and also % Resistances. Couldn't find anything better.
My stat priority for jewels is in the guide and is as follows: Life, Crit Multi, Crit Chance, and Attack/Cast Speed.

"
first of all thanks for nice build!having a lot of fun.
I have a question about 2× dagger or dagger +shield. I like to have more survivability but not sure if it is worth goiing for a shield or not and if so, what kind of stats would i be looking for on the shield?
thanks for the help
From the guide: Stats to look for (if you're using a rare): Life (if shield) - Gain as Chaos - Multi - Crit with Spells - Spell Damage - Attack Speed

Shields are also a great place to pick up resists if you're lacking those.

I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
Last edited by MaxEXA on Mar 26, 2019, 3:03:16 PM
thanks for the guide thi3n. was able to kill uber elder in week 2 of the league.
here's my gear i did it with

Hi man, I'm playing around with your build, Works Like wonders, but I have some questions

For what I can see/understand (I'm pretty new) this build goes around crit and crit mods, but compared with SB Elemetalist that use more Elemental dmg mods.. and both trees have some similitude , what I like to understand is can this build find a middle ground? If I choose to deviate to a more Elemental sort of build what core pieces of this build will change? Gain more dmg? lose survivability? what you recommend?

In terms of Items:

* Loreweave vs Impulsa, one is more resistant the other is more dmg(?)

* What Do you think about Magna Eclipsis (Brand Recall + Empower)

Also What do you think about SB - CI build (Chaos Inoculation/Ghost Reaver/Runebinder/Zealot's Oath) Righteous Providence-Inevitable Judgment-Sanctuary-Pious Path

Thx for everything :D
I just played around with PoB and other guides and i found "The Tempest's Binding Callous Mask" very interesting. Ist it viable to switch out the 6L of the chest with this helmet? Cause the helmet is only 1.5ex and you then don't need a loreweave with a 6L for the juicy max resistance what again is much cheaper.

So what do you say, is "The Tempest's Binding Callous Mask" an option?

ty very much for your support so far!
Last edited by ZontableZz on Mar 19, 2019, 12:56:45 PM
"
Arrensen wrote:
thanks for the guide thi3n. was able to kill uber elder in week 2 of the league.

Do you use conductivity on hit for the shock chance?
"
teslabear wrote:
"
Arrensen wrote:

Do you use conductivity on hit for the shock chance?

couldnt afford a warlords mark on hit ring :D
but primarily for the minus lightning res debuff of conductivity.
i also took sanctuary instead of augury of penitence
Last edited by Arrensen on Mar 19, 2019, 2:32:35 PM
Thanks for the nice guide! Not sure what to upgrade next any ideas?

Thank you for this build was probably what saved me from quitting this league earlier, managed to kill uber elder after 1d 12 hours played on this char after fooling around with soulrend/bane build to late 80s before rerolling. Well written guide and the thread has been very helpful for me as well as others.

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info