GGG are slowly becoming like EA/Activison.

It's sad how most people are submissive to companies, not realising how much power their wallets have.

If you all stop complaining and starting giving money/compliments to companies who deserve and not giving a cent to companies who doesn't deserve, then the market would be filled with worthy stuff; but most of you are empting your wallets with trash companies like blizzard/activision/EA, and even worse, talking about them instead of despise them to oblivion.
You are not victims of those comapnies; you are accomplices.

As for PoE, same rule: is the company giving us amazing/worthy stuff? Support them!
Are they becoming another cash grab company? Contempt.

TBH most of you look like drug addicts that complain because you are addicted and wants more even at the expense of what you know is right.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
So if you are starting to lose faith maybe you are hitting your head against the infamous wall of GGG. I had to stop caring about posting serious feedback because it just felt like a waste of my time

I feel the same way about bugs, features, and performance. About a year ago I have changed my expectations of this game: from wanting a polished product I have come accustomed to with Blizzard to accepting the fact that I'm playing a game in a perpetual state of beta. As long as I'm having fun, I give them a pass on just about everything. Betrayal launch was by far the worst but I laughed it off because I already knew what to expect.

GGG continues to win me over day in and day out with a bug infested game because frankly I haven't seen a worthy competitor. But I wonder how long they can keep this up? I hope Diablo 4 is coming and I am frankly more excited for what that will be over PoE 4.0 (which will basically be PoE 2.0). D4 could be total shit but if it turns out that it's not, "Designing Path of Exile to be Played Forever" could be this game's epitaph. Can you imagine if StarCraft performed like PoE? Towards the end of the match a fucking unknown disconnect over and over. Yeah that would go over well. My buddy and I play and when the game client crashes I just laugh it off. I am desensitized to this game like I am desensitized to Trump politics. GGG probably loves my kind of attitude but it won't last. I support them because I don't buy or play any other game. This game takes up 100% of my gaming time but that is only until a worthy competitor comes along.

My hope is that perhaps 4.0 is a rewrite of the client. If that's what they are working on and something they can deliver that resolves most of the performance issues, it will certainly be huge and I genuinely hope that they succeed. But if 4.0 is just more features on the same shit platform, the game will collapse under its own weight.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Feb 15, 2019, 10:19:44 PM
"
jhssf wrote:
It's sad how most people are submissive to companies, not realising how much power their wallets have.

If you all stop complaining and starting giving money/compliments to companies who deserve and not giving a cent to companies who doesn't deserve, then the market would be filled with worthy stuff; but most of you are empting your wallets with trash companies like blizzard/activision/EA, and even worse, talking about them instead of despise them to oblivion.
You are not victims of those comapnies; you are accomplices.

As for PoE, same rule: is the company giving us amazing/worthy stuff? Support them!
Are they becoming another cash grab company? Contempt.

TBH most of you look like drug addicts that complain because you are addicted and wants more even at the expense of what you know is right.

That's how the theory works, in practice it works differently. People are generally stupid, especially now in this day and age. Brainwashed would be an understatement of a lot of "gamers" and a lot of other people that buy a ton of products from various companies, not understanding why they do what they do, just that they need to do it.

GGG is a light example,by comparison to bigger companies like EA or UBI. Look at the constant crap they pull each year, how many times they have been caught lying, cheating, inserting politically correct agendas into their games. Do people still buy them? Do these companies still make millions upon millions upon billions? Sure they do.

The fault does not lie with the companies,the fault lies with the people, stupid isn't the one who asks, but the one who gives. If I ask 50 mil for an "artistic" painting, that has some donkey feces smeared on it. Am I stupid for asking that amount or are you stupid for paying it?

"Vote with your wallet", "Power to the people", this only works if the people are somewhat educated, when they are throwing money left and right,regardless of what, and if you ask them why, the only intelligent response they can come up with is, "it's my money, I do what I want with it", then you kind of have your answer why all of this works only in theory, not in practice.

As far as I'm concerned, in the current climate of games, GGG is not without faults, and the game has many areas where it needs improving, however, compared to the other companies out there, I rather have this,than have nothing even slightly good at all.
Last edited by Nosferat on Feb 16, 2019, 4:03:40 AM
It takes a lot to hit the EA level. I remember when EA was still had a good name and set the bar for sports based games. I mean, if GGG gets to the point where it reduces natural drop rates and starts selling boosts I'll be gone in an instant - I just don't see the game getting taken in that direction.
Yep, totally over league play.
I've hated EA since the Genesis era, when they were the only publisher too cheap to put their games in a proper case, unlike literally every other publisher for that platform.

I didn't buy any of their games then, and I certainly won't buy any of them now. Horrible, shitty company. Blactivision is a close second, for a variety of reasons.

Comparing GGG to those two companies is about the worst insult you could make.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
GGG are slowly becoming like EA/Activison

You are right. Now $-exclusive hideouts arrived. I guess it is all about money - people can claim their principles are above it, but only until specific $ threshold.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
"

You are right. Now $-exclusive hideouts arrived. I guess it is all about money - people can claim their principles are above it, but only until specific $ threshold.

ye, it is as suprising as an episode of 'Tales of the unexpected'
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
What are "optional" stash tabs.
What are lootboxes.
What are officially endorsed 3rd party sites and software.
"
"

How is a hideout any different from an armour set? It doesn't affect gameplay at all. It's only cosmetic, just like everything else in Supporter packs.

I've said it and I'll keep saying it until the end of time:
If you're happy, you're free to play.
If you're really happy, you're free to pay.
If you're unhappy, you're free to go.

Feedback aside, I don't see the point in any of what you said. Frankly, I don't think you do either.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info