Melee needs Tuning - ASAP, Like Yesterday

Champion is the best melee ascendancy because it can reach the highest damage for the majority of melee skills (and those skills need the extra damage) while also having some good defensive boosts. You can make any melee skill work decently with champ.
It was that way before banners and it still is after the DW nerf. Main reason is accuracy. Even if you argue that jugg or slayer or whatever might be better, it's the first time I hear that champ is PRETTY BAD. You either trolling just so that you can keep spamming nonsense or you are drunk.
i'd say it's worse than jugg, gladiator, raider, pathfinder.

it's +/- in line with slayer, but that's going to be extremely subjective based on how much one wants to depend on leech. (personally, i dislike slayer but again, this one's subjective)

the "defensive boosts" are laughable compared to gladiator and jugg.

the best 'defensive boost' is just permanent fortify, which really means nothing to melee (who should already have fortify up, anyway).
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Yes but he needs much less investment to reach a better balance between defence and damage. The majority of melee skills are not that powerful that you can easily sacrifice dps to go glad or jugg. That's why prenerf, jugg was more popular with the OP melee skills and champ with everything else.
And fortify is not the only defensive bonus he gets.
"
Jdahl22 wrote:
The majority of melee skills are not that powerful that you can easily sacrifice dps to go glad or jugg.

misconception.

people think we need some sort of absurd overkill dps.

if could clear just fine with a mace and rt last league...
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

And I could survive about everything with a champ last league..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Spoiler
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Jdahl22 wrote:
The majority of melee skills are not that powerful that you can easily sacrifice dps to go glad or jugg.

misconception.

people think we need some sort of absurd overkill dps.

if could clear just fine with a mace and rt last league...

You can clear just fine with a level 36 scourge arrow + mirage archer ranger

We are talking about survivability, currency, and xp generation, or just what type of shitty builds can possibly do the content? Because the latter question really doesn't matter much IMO.

So before this devolves into another retarded conversation, let's get things back on track:
1. You agree or disagree that ranged builds clear faster than melee builds?
2. You agree or disagree that ranged builds take less pre-mitigated damage than melee builds?
3. You agree or disagree that tanky "melee" ascendancies can be built as range/caster?

And obviously, as you put it, I'm talking about "legatus melee". Feel free to comment on how you'd answer those questions with other melee as a whole, but I will follow up if you want to go there.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 15, 2019, 8:26:34 PM
"
Jdahl22 wrote:
And I could survive about everything with a champ last league..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Spoiler
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

lvl 92 champ on standard.

unimpressed.

edit: to clarify, either you didn't make to any depth worth a damn, or you were dying a whole hell of a lot.

either way, it's not making a case.
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Feb 15, 2019, 8:43:01 PM
Champ is so good that 3% of the Betrayal HC population is playing it !
70%+ block and spell block is infinitely better that all the defensive skillset that the champion has to offer, and gladiator has easy coverage through explosions on bleed on top of that.
I'm not saying that champion is a terrible class, I think that it has some nice tools, but well ... glad >> champ.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
And link a single fucking post where I ever criticized specifically non meme splash non name lock melee? You completely 100% made that shit up

WHAT ?
I'm not going to dig through all recent thread you've been in regarding MELEE when you jump in and just start ranting "Hey ! No ! this isn't 'real melee' !!!!".

Why don't you show some honesty instead ?
FFS ....

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I'm going to let this pass because rob was the one saying this not you, but this looks pretty solidly like a sudden change of your position to me.

OMAGAD THE BALANCE IS NOT PERFECT OMFGGGGG
Like I've never ever said that before.

STROKE OF GENIUS

Holy fucking crap what can be read on the forums sometimes

Spoiler
From this very thread:
"
Fruz wrote:

One thing that I would love melees to have a significant edge on, is positioning/movement.
Melee characters (imho) should have quick and easy to use movement skills, and range characters should be less quick regarding positioning as they already have the range advantage, if they mess up, it should not be as easy as melees to get out of it.

But now, everybody moves ridiculously fast .... the very design of PoE makes is very hard to split such things between range/melees as they have similar weapons I guess ?

"
Fruz wrote:
I guess the fact that monsters don't jump on players 'enough' makes range much easier to play .... that was until the syndicate, which got ... nerfed.
It still can hurt in high maps with deadly mobs though, but not enough to threaten good range builds who obliterates them anyway ?
I'm not completely sure.

There is a balance problem for sure, but a bit more interesting mobs might also help imho.

Fucking ridiculous
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
Champ is so good that 3% of the Betrayal HC population is playing it !
70%+ block and spell block is infinitely better that all the defensive skillset that the champion has to offer, and gladiator has easy coverage through explosions on bleed on top of that.
I'm not saying that champion is a terrible class, I think that it has some nice tools, but well ... glad >> champ.

What kind of argument is that? The diff is 1.8% with champ and in all leagues champ is ahead. Obviously when you take only HC into consideration you go with the safer choice. Does that make champ bad? Champ is the best all around choice for melee if you take all leagues and all playstyles into account (HC, casual, budget, expensive etc.) For specific builds jugg or glad might be better but that's not how you judge an ascendancy or a skill or a build in general.

Would also be nice to check the build diversity between the jugg-glad-champ percentages.
Last edited by Jdahl22 on Feb 15, 2019, 9:35:55 PM
lolz @ pretending champion is more popular because it's better... in a league that introduced banners and impale - and associated them with champions.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info