[3.6] Infinite Blazing Flicker Strike Slayer – Stun/Freeze Immunity [BUDGET] The TRUE Flicker Build

I was very interested in playing this build for the Synthesis Flashback, but got roped into doing a Soulrend with a couple of friends instead. It looks great, and I plan to give it a try in 3.7. I have updated the tree simply by trying to put in values that equate for both 70 and 100 trees in 3.7. I have not read too much into the melee changes so if that needs to change, then feel free to take this and modify it. Skill gems are in, and only the two required uniques are entered.

https://pastebin.com/AV8AyEwy
"
I was very interested in playing this build for the Synthesis Flashback, but got roped into doing a Soulrend with a couple of friends instead. It looks great, and I plan to give it a try in 3.7. I have updated the tree simply by trying to put in values that equate for both 70 and 100 trees in 3.7. I have not read too much into the melee changes so if that needs to change, then feel free to take this and modify it. Skill gems are in, and only the two required uniques are entered.

https://pastebin.com/AV8AyEwy

Im curious as to why you take overwhelm on the 3.7 ascendancy and resolute technique. would it not be better to put those 2 point from overwhelm into headman?
With patch 3.7 you dont need Oro anymore if im not wrong. Flicker Strike can sustain frenzy charge alone with 20% fc on hit. Its worth to do physical dmg or crit?
Last edited by Vinci112 on Jun 6, 2019, 9:58:40 PM
"
Vinci112 wrote:
With patch 3.7 you dont need Oro anymore if im not wrong. Flicker Strike can sustain frenzy charge alone with 20% fc on hit. Its worth to do physical dmg or crit?

I tried to look at tree last night and make some crit version fast. By looks of it its bad idea. Most of our passive nodes are defensive nature and boost character ability to facetank harder game content.

You can certainly optimize build to be faster mapper that does include crits and possibly go for phys build but once you reach endgame content you will ....need someone to carry you. on other note 20% chance to get frenzy charge doesnt provide infinite sustain. It can be enough for mappng as i have alresdy mentioned but on bosses you will be in trouble. Blood rage and gem can sustain enough charges for mapping but not for single target. Biggest gain this build gets from native gem chance to get frenzy charge is fact that you can be more comfortable in maps with "chance to avoid ailments" mod.

I think most builds that dont utilize oro will run gem swap route for bossing unless we get some new item that will solve charge generation issues, maybe something legion related.
"
thepace wrote:
"
Vinci112 wrote:

I tried to look at tree last night and make some crit version fast. By looks of it its bad idea. Most of our passive nodes are defensive nature and boost character ability to facetank harder game content.

You can certainly optimize build to be faster mapper that does include crits and possibly go for phys build but once you reach endgame content you will ....need someone to carry you. on other note 20% chance to get frenzy charge doesnt provide infinite sustain. It can be enough for mappng as i have alresdy mentioned but on bosses you will be in trouble. Blood rage and gem can sustain enough charges for mapping but not for single target. Biggest gain this build gets from native gem chance to get frenzy charge is fact that you can be more comfortable in maps with "chance to avoid ailments" mod.

I think most builds that dont utilize oro will run gem swap route for bossing unless we get some new item that will solve charge generation issues, maybe something legion related.

I spent a bunch of time in PoB yesterday, trying to figure out a crit based build with Terminus est. Basically, there's a ton of nodes around duelist that give extra melee damage and crit chance, so you don't really have to wander a whole lot on the tree to pick them up.

My biggest issue is health however. Duelist mostly have 4% max HP nodes, which really comes out when you compare it to some other builds that start closer to the top (and get 5-6% ones). Without gear (only using terminus est), I get around 3500 HP on lvl 92 (idk why I chose such a random number, but take what you get), which I think translates to ~6k HP with good gear which is really on the lower end. In exchange, you can get more than 110k purely physical DPS WITHOUT the frenzy charges or auras taken to account. I couldn't check some of the newer support gems though. Probably 6k could be enough with a lot of armor added, using some potions to boost armor as well. If you can get 10k+ for a boss fight, you should be able to survive until the T16+ stuff.

My idea to solve this would be using another 4-6 link skill in the armor slot that focuses on single target damage and defense, something with fortify and stun/blind support probably with endurance charge generation, but getting both damage and defense is not really going to possible. Maybe you can do something with phantasms and smoke mines as well, but it's hard to say anything until you can actually try it.

Maybe the new mechanics will just be so smooth that you can dodge everything easily if you pay attention.
Last edited by Kacsa1 on Jun 7, 2019, 5:50:40 AM
Thanks for fast response. Looking for various builds, I like your the best. I wanted phys version to be able to do reflect maps. I cant help it. Its good that it focus only on flicker strike.
I did stay with Oro's Build Version, and what i have discovered, is that they destroyed the Area of Effect Slayer had with Ascendancy, for mapping you definitely want to get Splash Support + Ele dmg + Immolate + Combustion + Multi,
Then, what is surprising, you can swap to another Oro's that has switched Splash for Ruthless which will give you huge bonus to third Attack support by both Multi and Ruthless, although i set up tectonic slam for Delve Farming, as Flicker still cant Delve...

What is Sad, i have tried to look up The Taming ring in Shaper Version, as i wanted to do Eternity Shroud + Oro's with Flicker Strike, but its a lot of tweaking for that, every shaper item, this will get rid of Taming, Xophs Blood and HeadHunter, and in this version, build will lose a bunch of HP, due to switching Kaoms for Shroud, but to be honest, 1 skill ignoring 2 resistances sounds kinda amazing, so i will probably continue trying to achieve that...

Another thing is, with new Ascendancy, we only need 3 Big Nodes, if we pick up Resolute Technique, which will make last 2 point totally useless, with new tree there is a lot of crit and overall "Melee Dmg", they really changed a lot of "Phys Melee" to just "Melee" which is good, as everyone can use it...

At this point, more is speaking for Phys Crit Build, and still, Oro's Version, has this something that makes it more "Sure" and feels overall more convenient that Crits... Maybe its only me...

Above all, how the patch is interacting with Flicker Strike is 7/10, and other changes are 9/10, so heads up, good RNG and may the force be with you, i am gonna definitely do the Eternity Shroud Flicker build

Well 3.7 changed overwhelm and removed "cannot be stunned". This complicates things quite a bit. I'm not sure what the best workaround is just yet.
So I could be just dumb, but is anyone else experiencing randomly not flicker strikeing on mobs that aren't killed in 1 shot? I have tried different things to remedy the situation... putting flicker strike on a key instead of right mouse, still stops. holding shift and mass flicker strike, still stops. even if I just hold it down, it will stop then after a couple seconds it will start up again. I know I'm not moving the mouse off the target. I know I am not running out of mana. I know my computer is not lagging out or fps stuttering. Is it a set up thing on my end or is it a glitchy thing on poe's end? thanks for your responses!
"
michealtwhite wrote:
Well 3.7 changed overwhelm and removed "cannot be stunned". This complicates things quite a bit. I'm not sure what the best workaround is just yet.

You missed the part where it was moved to Endless hunger:
'Cannot be stunned while leeching', which is basically every time you are in flicker. You don't have to take overwhelm, you can take Headsman instead, which should give you some extra damage against most bosses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info