[3.6] Infinite Blazing Flicker Strike Slayer – Stun/Freeze Immunity [BUDGET] The TRUE Flicker Build

"
TheYel wrote:
Why not pick a marauder Chieftain and go full fire?

It's not impossible I'd say, but you would need to get a lot of dexterity from items. Plus all the life regen and physical nodes would be useless, so you basically 'waste' some strength nodes early in the build.

"
Sora_Imanity wrote:
I have beem playing quiet some time on upgraded version of this build, works fine, for every content,

Looking at the patch notes, this will need a bit of serious tweaking, as passive tree around us is now going to be shifted towards crits, we may lose a bunch of fire damage, dont take me wrong, with the 3.7 update, this build will be viable to add crits into it, while GGG makes the accuracy cap at 100%...

Firstly, we will need to see how the passive tree will be shifted, secondly, losing 100% accuracy by removing Resolute Technique and adding full potential of Crits to the build will be viable, Thirdly, and most importantly, The Fire of Blazing Flicker should never fade away and be strong :D

If you are adventurous, and have some jewels with extra ignite chance, you can probably swap them for more damage now, since you get 15% chance for a frenzy on hit, so you're probably going to be on the same level.

If duelist will indeed shift towards the crit side, it might be worth considering switching weapons though from oro's to terminus est. That way we can utilize the improved physical damage, and we won't have to worry about hexproof or fire resistant monsters. Plus, we can start using it from lvl 51 instead of 67, which would be a huge plus for me.

Either way, this will definitely need some updating.
Trying to get an elemental overload (no crit added, just the ascendacy should be enough) passive tree going on but it's so far away. Anyone made one that feels good. Because right now I'd just forego crit and keep a tree very close to the one we used.
Guys keep in mind you still need strong defensive layer, overleech itself wont save you. By looking on new tree and whats needed for crit build im not sure it can be done without killing some defense. You can certainly try it for faster mapping but bossing will be hughe issue. Flicker gem itself did not get strong buff. Chance to generate frenzy is too small to count on it its more for making frenzy sustain easier, for example it will allow runing some "% to avoid ailments" maps with less trouble but nothing more in my opinion.

Solid option might be to run crit build for mapping but when u decide to run some bossing switch to tanky setup.

edit;
Added a new Dexterity/Strength Support Gem - Close Combat: Supports melee attacks, causing them to deal more damage to enemies based on their proximity. Also causes supported skills to grant a buff on hit, which increases attack and cast speed for the next travel skill you use. Restricts the use of supported skills to axes and swords. There was a miscommunication regarding the number of weapon-specific support gems when discussed on Baeclast earlier, and for that we apologise.

this gem seems super interesting :)
Last edited by thepace on Jun 5, 2019, 10:33:43 AM
Hi :) thanks for the guide!

One small question: is this build able to do shaper/uber eldar without big problems even for someone like who isnt the best enemy skill dodger/sometimes standing in bad aoe stuff?

So its able to facetank some serious endgame stuff?
"
Enterich wrote:

One small question: is this build able to do shaper/uber eldar without big problems even for someone like who isnt the best enemy skill dodger/sometimes standing in bad aoe stuff?

When I ran this build I had ~6,5k HP and that wasn't enough to tank everything. You should be fine to take most of the single hits, but if you run into something that ditches out a lot of damage fast, you might get slain. If you get good life rolls and a kaom's heart (which I didn't have) you might be able to, but as thepace's post shows, uber elder will likely get you, even with fortify.

But you should probably wait for some impressions about it after the new patch. There might be some big changes.
Last edited by Kacsa1 on Jun 6, 2019, 4:09:54 AM
"
Enterich wrote:

Some content is designed in a way to be impossible to tank. Shaper can be tanked with high tier gear setup, uber elder REQUIRES evading most dangerous attacks
New/updated gems got released

here are some notable changes for build:

multistrike - old version was giving MORE damage and lots of atk speed, now we get less attack speed but MORE damage multiplier, this is hughe buff for build regarding damage. getting leech instance stacks will be hurt a bit but dps improvement is simply too great to avoid it

fortify - more melee damage multiplier, its a must in melee builds imo, use it instead of immolate or damage on full life. aim to get oro corruption for it so you can run 7link setup with 6 other gems +fortify

close combat support - hughe more damage multiplier, immolate out is first choice, second choice take your pick

with just simple gem swaps build gets hughe dps boost, i havent looked at skill tree but i would not even aim for more dps lol, but more defense

edit:
tree sample based on my own gear: https://pastebin.com/DiVghsAc
Last edited by thepace on Jun 6, 2019, 7:38:28 AM
Are you going to update it for 3.7?
I will follow the update for 3.7 :D
As mentioned before, I am a bit in a life vortex right now so I have not been able to play PoE for months now. I will still be here answering questions and whatnot though, if people need help. Also, we have some people here like thepace that are giving out a lot of tips too. I appreciate you guys still staying around and helping when needed.

All of the new updates seem really awesome and I want to give it a go myself, but I just have not been able to have the time to even game a little bit as of late. I do still check the forums every 1 or 2 days to answer any questions though so feel free to ask away. :)

I have a decent amount of guides too, and I wish to update them, but I do not think I will have the time to update them any time soon. I am sorry about that. I will still check questions and posts though.

Keep Flicker Strike alive!! :)
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info