[3.6] Infinite Blazing Flicker Strike Slayer – Stun/Freeze Immunity [BUDGET] The TRUE Flicker Build

"
TwistedFocus wrote:
Dear author,

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write the build with all the detail you have included. As a semi-new player and one that does not have a firm grasp of all this game's mechanics, your manner of talking through everything is much appreciated. I am very keen to try this build and have already bookmarked this forum thread :D Again, thank you for a beautifully written guide, I will be checking out your others!

I appreciate it and same with the support. I remember starting out a while back so clueless so I wanted to make sure that I cover all of the main bases when creating my guides. I know my guides are quite lengthy, but I create it with the intention of newer players which is why everything is pretty much broken down to the smallest details.

For players that are already used to the game and the same with the veterans, they can obviously just skim through to the main things just like the gear, skill gems and the PoB link. I just wanted to make sure I hit all the bases in my guides is all. I do take time to make them so I am always glad when people look through the whole thing.

If you have any concerns or questions, let me know and I will get to you as soon as I can. Good luck and thanks once again, exile!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
Hey Author, wanted to say thanks for the awesome build!

While the Dps may be lower i found switching immolate with Ancestral Call to have more clear speed in t16. it also made leveling with terminus much easier for all the additional chances for crit proc. Give it a try and see if you have similar results!

Again everything is awesome on the build and I am really enjoying it!

Edit:
Additionally pyre adds insane clear speed as well
Last edited by giguy121 on Jan 19, 2019, 2:24:40 PM
"
giguy121 wrote:
Hey Author, wanted to say thanks for the awesome build!

While the Dps may be lower i found switching immolate with Ancestral Call to have more clear speed in t16. it also made leveling with terminus much easier for all the additional chances for crit proc. Give it a try and see if you have similar results!

Again everything is awesome on the build and I am really enjoying it!

Edit:
Additionally pyre adds insane clear speed as well

Thanks for stopping by and glad that you are enjoying the build.

I just wanted to make sure but, when you said you were swapping out Immolate for Ancestral Call, did you mean for your Oro's Sacrifice when you hit 67 so you could equip it, or did you mean while leveling up using a Terminus Est?

If you are talking about Terminus Est while leveling up, then yes, it makes sense, but even in my guide, I did not recommend you use the Oro's Sacrifice setup (skill gems) while leveling at Blood Aqueducts, but an actual melee version of the setup instead. This is why I mentioned that you will just be using a mini setup with Terminus Est which then you completely swap to Oro's Sacrifice. The only time you start using the Immolate setup is when you swap to Oro's Sacrifice when we are going to just focus on fire damage.

With Anger and Flammability, Immolate easily does way more. You can most likely keep Ancestral Call in the setup until you can get the Slayer's Impact passive from your lab. Once you get that, swap out your Ancestral Call for more damage since you will naturally have splash damage at that moment. Crit does not matter once we swap to Oro's Sacrifice, since we take Resolute Technique to have 100% hit rate which is extremely important for us. Since when we take Resolute Technique, then we cannot crit anymore but that is fine for the trade off of never missing our attacks.

When you swap over to Oro's Sacrifice, drop all of the crit gear you were running and just grab life+resists afterwards. Crit won't play any part in the build anymore and we want that 100% hit rate.

If you have any other concerns or questions, let me know and I will get you as soon as I can. :)

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Overlooked anger somehow that explains a ton. Thanks for the reply
"
giguy121 wrote:
Overlooked anger somehow that explains a ton. Thanks for the reply

No problem. I had to double check the gem links again because when you said that I thought I could have missed it. :O

Have fun with the build though. :)
[Build/Stream Thread]
Didn't see anything about flammability. Do you run with cwdt?

NVM I SEE IT XD
Last edited by giguy121 on Jan 19, 2019, 5:40:49 PM
"
giguy121 wrote:
Didn't see anything about flammability. Do you run with cwdt?

NVM I SEE IT XD

Whoa man, slow down. lol

It seems like you were using Flicker Strike while reading the guide or something lol. All of the info is there. :)
[Build/Stream Thread]
Great guide, starting this week my first flickerstrike build, i cant see the jewels in your passives, also there are 30 points left or do i oversee something?
Last edited by Mutcha on Jan 20, 2019, 3:19:34 PM
"
Mutcha wrote:
Great guide, starting this week my first flickerstrike build, i cant see the jewels in your passives, also there are 30 points left or do i oversee something?

To be honest, we have a lot of jewel sockets for the build so you have a lot of flexibility for jewels for the build. This helps with more life, resistances and just damage in general.

For the jewels that I listed in the build, those are just the jewels that I crafted myself. They can be put in any jewel sockets. I know that my end-game build is going to have 7 jewel sockets open on the skill tree, so in the jewels section, I listed all of the jewels I crafted or bought in the 'gear' section. These are the jewels I know that I am going to keep equipping as long as I grab the jewel sockets on the tree. It should show all of the jewels that I am using in the 'gear' and 'jewel' section. When you are leveling up, it doesn't mean that you are going to have the same jewels as I have. These jewel sockets are really just there to fill in any other stats, attributes and resistance that you need. Since I already met those requirements, then I just prioritized in life and damage mods.

The reason why you might see more extra points is because if you already were past level 70, or you swapped another character to this build at level 70 or more. At level 70, you should have done of all of your side quests (that's how I play/level at least), which means that you should have 70 skill points from leveling up, and +23 skill points from doing the extra side quests. Obviously if you do not do the side quests, than this number will differ. I am going off of if you just leveled from the start. This is only if you kill all of the bandits too. If you end up saving a bandit, then you will only have 91 skill points at level 70 if you finish all of the regular story content and the side quests at level 70. For me, personally, I do the side quests as I level so I am close to what my end-game tree might be at level 70 or more.

If you notice that you have more skill points, there is a chance that you missed some nodes, or that you started the build later when you were already higher level than the provided skill tree. It also depends on your starting point and how far you leveled which is also mentioned in the guide. This is why I mentioned it in the guide.

If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know and I will get to you as soon as I can! Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
used to play flicker back in the day on trickster but first time trying on slayer. I keep running out of mana when trying to flicker. I have the 1 mana leech node that you do, and i even bought the ring to see if that would help. Would gem quality/level lower the mana usage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info