Are you happy with the betrayal league so far?

I primarily play SSF so that is a huge part of my opinion. I LOVE THIS LEAGUE.

It's the league mechanic that allows so much access for SSF players for uniques from league past and things like harbi orbs that make mapping easier.

Combine the mechanic with the new masters and it has truly been awesome.

This is probably my favorite league to date.
Masters rework great.

Syndicate bad.

Just gone back to standard, best of both worlds.
We tested it extensively
I'm pretty happy with the syndicate post-nerfs. I've had to build up more defenses (got
so that I can run enfeeble alongside warlord's mark) but now I just see the syndicate as free, fast exp. Intervention used to just be guaranteed oneshot in t16 with some particular syndicate members, and fortification used to feel like a giant chore since there was SO MUCH to dodge all the time (you couldn't even kill it all because it would just respawn offscreen and go back to targeting you before you can go back to hitting the fucking door), but now everything seems pretty balanced, albeit way more dangerous than previous (non-deep-delve) league mechanics.

I've gotten to the point where I just leave transportation and fortification at full intel whenever possible and work only on completing research and intervention safehouses, while farming t16 maps. It's a good feeling to be rewarded with some gilded scarabs and pure breachstones once or twice a day.

This, to me, is one of the biggest reclamations of a league that GGG has ever done. We've obviously had leagues that were worse than this started (bestiary with nets... though it's way better now) and we've had ones that were better than this is now (breach, abyss, and delve all were, imo), but this went from a nigh-unplayable-in-high-maps league mechanic to a very fun mechanic that I am happy to have in the game, which is a swing in my opinion of a league that I can't think of having in the past.
Last edited by codetaku on Jan 16, 2019, 1:26:06 PM
Nope, still no fuckin idea whats going on or how to play the stupid shit.
The good: The mix of all the various main league mechanics + veiled crafting + master rework I just love.

Ex prices being high because people are actually using them to craft their own gear? MADNESS! AND I LOVE IT! Key helm enchants on good bases that can be crafted in ways with reasonable variance?!?! POG!

The variety of content you encounter in a single sitting is also very refreshing.

The bad: Build diversity is a little low. Part of that is streamer effect. Part of that is I think relative costs of making other builds work is quite a bit higher. Please don't nerf everything good so we are forced to explore the expensive crap left Chris.

Betrayal rewards not scaling very well (or much at all) to the difficulty of the map.

The Ugly: To compound on the betrayal not scaling in rewards, they have become sort of angels of death to anyone wanting to play Hardcore or get exp in Red maps. They have boss level abilities, but are thrown at you in very much uncontrolled ways. The safehouse versions are relatively fine. I'd love to see the map versions of the members nerfed by practically half or even more. This is inflating the second problem which is...

Pure Breachstones are probably a little bit too good, but they wouldn't be in such high demand if the previous problem was fixed.

Lastly.............. FIX how the syndicate encounters merge with maps... Transportation encounters lasting 2 seconds on certain maps like Moon Temple. Fortresses that spawn off the map or in the middle of the map like Burial Chambers, Shrine, or Dig. Do testers even play red maps?
I agree with Evildeathcrab's writeup. Bringing the Sydnicate encounters in line with equivalent content in that area would go a long ways toward helping build diveristy.

And the rewards really should be tied to the area level the Syndicate's safehouse spawns at. It's ridiculous how much I've been able to make by running Foothills.
I'm really enjoying Betrayal. It has a very high production value with all the new dialogue (and both the new voice recording and the new very great writing) and many small great details (each Syndicate member's room is great). It's a lot less repetitive than Delve, and the whole "catch them all" dynamic of trying to find all veiled recipes is great. As a SSF player, having a way to get somewhat deterministic rewards (as deterministic as we will ever get in PoE, anyway) is a massive quality of life increase.

The Syndicate members still kill me, specially in maps of higher tiers. It's not exactly one shots anymore, but often death comes quickly. Doesn't really bother me considering all the great things we got, and it's nice to have some challenging content (instead of just content to outgrind).
locked the syndicate and have no interest in it

love delve and incursion... except. .... having it locked behind map rng ruins it completely

in fact like in all other leagues the map system ruins the entire game.

why not actually design end game content instead of just throwing your players into RNG?
"
Prizy wrote:
I primarily play SSF so that is a huge part of my opinion. I LOVE THIS LEAGUE.

It's the league mechanic that allows so much access for SSF players for uniques from league past and things like harbi orbs that make mapping easier.

Combine the mechanic with the new masters and it has truly been awesome.

This is probably my favorite league to date.

I play SSF too I'm not sure that matters perse..SSF never had issues to end game in first place... just takes time. I prefer my time spent on farming cards and more shoot and get content like delve than messing with syndicates. The placement, the nagging ads after thier death, just seems to kill flow. It's like fucking your girl and your kid walks in to room with a cold. major buzz kill.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 16, 2019, 7:16:34 PM
I don't understand why grinding blood aqueduct is better for syndicate than t16 maps until you're close to a safe house or the master. Syndicate fight was fun but resetting to 0 if you fail is dumb for how long it takes to deal with the syndicate

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info