Are you happy with the betrayal league so far?

Finished goal 36/40 in the end of Deecember, didn't enjoy mechanics of league at all.

Its the worst league.
It shamed even Bestiary.

Tho I was happy doing other things with friends and fresh economy. Only 2 things good in this league: breachstones, and Einhar improvement. The rest is ...

Well, I expected this after so bright Delve fun. But this league even killed Delve with so gated and poor sulphite..
It's a pretty decent league if you ask me. Possibly not the syndicate stuff, that I don't like that much. But I do and have enjoyed incursion and delve.

But the league mechanic itself is "meh" if you ask me
It's alright. Maybe I'm lazy but the betrayal stuff and Masters rework + delve/incursion makes a game session feel more laborious than previous mapping. Maybe just because challenges force you to engage content in a specific way.

On their own I like delve and incursion but Incorporated into mapping they all clash with each other/interrupt flow. Shaping maps is now heavily discouraged which sucks because a bunch of the high tier maps just aren't fun.

Finally bestiary could be re-removed and I would barely notice.
Last edited by ladish on Feb 14, 2019, 5:03:52 PM
I 'fear' the things I expect from the adaptions of the actual encounters to the main game; especially considering much less encounters -> much more effort to control them (farming, locking in/out).
At the moment, many of the imprisonings gain too low progress to the safehouses IMHO. Also its often impossible to get more members into the encounter if you kill 'too fast', additionally decreasing the bargain options.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Not near enough niko.
einhar is perfect.
incursion too rng and too often.
betrayal.. too often and not enough loot scaling with difficulty. at times a chore especially lab.

#StandardLivesMatter
To properly evaluate this league, its mechanics and new contend should be completely separated. So, good things:
- Incorporating Delve and Incursions

- Crafting system changes

- New crafting recipes

Bad things:
- New league mechanic – clunky, unrewarding, whole league at the end comes to putting “It that Flat”, “Aisling”, “Thora and Rin to Research” and running “Acts” content, as it is completely senseless on higher tiers.

- Incorporating Bestiary, aspects should be added to crafting bench, other things are useless in most cases
- Whole Betrayal mechanic, including final boss fight and garbage she drops

- Total melee destruction, after statsticks destroying it is even hard to pretend melee chars are viable in endgame

- Punishing players for defeating endgame boss – reset of syndicate tree along with useless loot, already mentioned

- Very outdated trade system. Could work with a much, much smaller playerbase, now it’s pure horror.

- Gating some recipes behind too much RNG (former Vorici’s 6l)

- Leaving some idiocies, which was added in leagues to help players with some challenges, like “ghost” chamber in Incursion

- Sulpshit and Azushit

To recapitulate, crappy league with “Breach” curse again. Most of players fiddle with “new league mechanic” only to play “pure breach” from pure breachstones.
masters rework and hideout system rework have nothing to do with the league itself. lets separate league content and other updates and changes.

so, if we are talking about league content - betrayal is the worst league that i have played so far (i started in legacy league, tried the game first in breach league). its unintuitive, badly balanced, uninteresting mess.

best league was legacy league if you ask me. abyss holds the second place imo.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Feb 15, 2019, 5:18:19 AM
Well, I quit early this league, so there you go.

Betrayal feels like shit to play. Overpowered adds, bosses constantly teleporting all over the fucking place, it completely breaks the flow of gameplay regardless of if you want it to or not, the best way to actually play the league is to not play the league. Fuck Betrayal. I would rather have Talisman back than this shit, but I know they've invested too much into it so we're stuck with it now. I hope they at least follow the pattern of Incursion/Bestiary and take a league or two to overhaul it before forcing it on us permanently.

Even so, I don't like this new direction. I have said many times this league was the first time I went full meta-sheep, and it's the only way I found the game to be even remotely playable. If that's the kind of game GGG wants, a one-build-to-rule-them-all game, then I'm not going to be coming back next league.
This is a buff™

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info