[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

How do you trigger Elemental Overload with this build? How do we proc crit?
Got my first uber elder kills with a Vortex/cold snap CI this league. After 7 kills of uber and making a fair amount of currency i went and got some upgrades yesterday and today and just did my first deathless uber elder tonight.

Pretty much my favorite toon i ever played. So i decided why not and spent a bit of currency taking it to the power of 9000. The upgrades i did just before tonight's kill were the +2 chest for 24 exalt, the helmet for 5 exalt, and the gloves for 3 exalt. I kinda figure those were all basically steals based on what i could find that fit my needs being...otherwise non available. It upgraded my damage, returned me a skill point, and got me an enchant, and my ES went up 300 cause of the amazing gloves ES value, divined those after buying.

Energy Shield Recharge Occurrence Modifier: 82%

Deathless Uber Elder tonight: https://youtu.be/fHsGxYJ1quA

Never spent so much finalizing a character before but the toon is truely reaching "godlike" imho. And it's still got room to improve the weapon. Working on a Leo right now to try double exalt slamming this one for free.
Last edited by Fuzzballx on Feb 5, 2019, 10:02:35 PM
So I managed to pick up a pretty sweet helm with 40% Increased Vortex Damage. It also has Socketed Gems Are Supported By Level 20 Hypothermia. I've put my Cold Snap 4L in the helm and intuition tells me I should remove the Hypothermia gem and replace it with another support gem that would outweigh any benefit you could get from a 20/20 or 21/20 Hypothermia gem. I've come back to this game after a long absence so I'm not up on all the theory crafting. Any suggestions on what support gem, if any, I should use to replace the Hypothermia gem? This is my favorite build at the moment so trying to get it right. Thanks!

Regards,

Dame

P.S. Some support gems I've looked at are:

Controlled Destruction Support (Best choice?)
Cold Penetration Support
Added Cold Damage Support
Elemental Proliferation Support
Increased Area of Affect Support
Last edited by Clotho on Feb 5, 2019, 11:01:51 PM
I just killed Uber Elder at lv 90 with really cheap, rather shitty gear - tabula ect. xd

Spoiler

I set my goal to buy gear for max 10c per slot ( I failed - aspect of the spider ring cost me 20c ) . Helm and jewels I crafted myself ( didnt spend more than 100 alt - 120 alt).

The elder fight it's not a pice of cake. I ripped 2 sets but mostly because I'm not used to this character. The last third set was rather smooth - I died 2 times, but for my defence the second death was after elder was alredy dead xd

Stats:
8650 ES
gems lv 19*(purity of ice lv 20)
not more than 110c spend (if helmets from crafting will sell I will make some profit)
mana leech gem used in weapon

Rly nice build only the clear speed it's not that great :P Mb Vortex enchant would fix it :) I have to ask is minion damage / increased damage on full life better than increased cold/spell damage ?

Or it is like 1:1 ratio ? ==> is 70% minion damage same as 70 cold damage ?

/##### EDIT :
I forgot enlighten lv 3 cost me 15c but i think u can get it to lv 3 form 0 by the time of leveling to 90, not sure about that or get the 4% mana reduction note near CI keaystone
Last edited by madziar169 on Feb 6, 2019, 5:30:04 AM

Multimods ont theses rings ?
- % Dmg (prefix)
- Faster ES (prefix)
- For the Opal : %Cold (suffix)

What do you think about it ?
Hi there. I use your build. Well Most of it... like 95% I like it, but the only thing I can not understand is why would you think that Spiritual Aid would affect your cold damage? You don't have anything that would say add to minions spell damage or cold damage. It says about damage (I guess physical). Also I don't get the Ghost River (does it infuence positive on your regenerate rate or negative? Should I take it or not?
How noticeable are the effects of using Solstice Vigil amulet over a rare ammy?
Hi, that's me again :P

I rly liked your build m8 so I used a little more currency on it after killg uber elder on 120c budget. It's still rather cheap gear not more than 4 ex. But I dont know what to chace next: scepter ? mb jewels ? Im sitting at 13.520 ES Im rather happy about that but the damage is the place whear we all want always MORE :D

That's my current gear:
Spoiler

I didnt have a lot of luck on the -9 cold res helmet but im still trying to fosil craft some.

My most immportant question is abut my scepter links:

Can we use Mana Leech Support or orb of storm is mandatory ?
I cant out regen my vortex :/ mana cost is 65 and mana regen is max 51/sec with "Shaper" and

One more time - I love your build :)
Last edited by madziar169 on Feb 6, 2019, 5:54:49 PM
"
plutnick wrote:
Hi there. I use your build. Well Most of it... like 95% I like it, but the only thing I can not understand is why would you think that Spiritual Aid would affect your cold damage? You don't have anything that would say add to minions spell damage or cold damage. It says about damage (I guess physical). Also I don't get the Ghost River (does it infuence positive on your regenerate rate or negative? Should I take it or not?

There's a whole section on "Minion Nodes? What the actual fuck? (An Explanation)", but I suppose your question is really does it affect cold damage. I could PoB it and check, but it was easier to just refund a passive. My tool tip cold DOT for vortex increases by 30% when I refund/spend that point. So it definitely affects cold DOTs.

Ghost River gives you a lot of effective ES regen, you should take it.
"
TiltedNoir777 wrote:
"
mromcy wrote:
I dont see any "Gain #% of damage as chaos damage" mod in any of OP gear. Does it not work on dots? Is that a useless mod for this build?

I managed to make

and thinking about crafting:
Minions deal 94% increased Damage
Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers
30% increased Damage over Time
16% increased Cold Damage
+20% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier
Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill

You guys got a better way to multicraft this?

How do I go about getting just that one mod in order to multi craft?

I don't know if this ever got answered, but I noticed it while browsing looking for something else.

You use orb of annulments and pray. It will remove a random mod. So if you have 4 mods, two of which are good, on average you'll need to have those two mods 6 times before you'll get lucky and only remove the mods you don't want rather than the ones you do. They go for about 38c each, so they are the most expensive part of this crafting before you spend ex on multicrafted mod.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Orb_of_Annulment

Note, you actually will want increased damage on full life in addition to minions deal increased damage. Not worth spending the 2 ex for multi without it.
Last edited by battousaii on Feb 6, 2019, 9:50:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info