[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Potency of Will and 2 points in skill duration is very important to the build (damage multiplier or something like that) or can I put in another skills like Frost Walker or Holy Dominion?

Thanks!
What fossils do I use to craft my own boots, gloves, rings and ammy?
Last edited by Shadowsnot on Feb 7, 2019, 11:51:17 PM
Dense Fossils for ES
Which piece of armor should I link phase run, and the other 3 red gems? Shield , boots?
Last edited by Shawntastic on Feb 8, 2019, 1:08:52 PM
"
p4ndi0n wrote:
Potency of Will and 2 points in skill duration is very important to the build (damage multiplier or something like that) or can I put in another skills like Frost Walker or Holy Dominion?

Thanks!
It is very, very good. In absolutely ideal cases it is a 45% more multiplier. That never quite happens, but it is fantastic both for boss killing and quality of life.

Definitely take it before any %increased damage, by a long shot.
Hi, so I like your guide and am planning to try it out, but I had a few questions/ comments about some of your recommended gear choices.

For 1, you recommend getting increased minion damage using the new notable passive, but I can't see the reasoning for doing this over just scaling cold damage, since you could get comparable %increased spell damage on weapons instead of minion damage. Then you could just change the passive skill tree to prioritize different sources of damage that are more efficient then the 10% per node you get from minions.

Also, just a note, the damage penetrates cold resistance mod doesn't apply to dot's. Still applies to the initial hit, but is a lot less useful then it looks.

Also doesn't running elemental equilibrium sometimes cause problems from the hits of vortex and cold snap? or does the socketed spell trigger in weapon happen reliably enough to avoid that.

Thanks
Last edited by ZarSilvir on Feb 8, 2019, 7:14:42 PM
Hi! Love the guide, and am now level 80 and just got myself a aspect of the spider belt. My question is : how do you maintain discipline, the enfeeble aura and the aspect all together? I have too little mana with all three to play.
"
Hi! Love the guide, and am now level 80 and just got myself a aspect of the spider belt. My question is : how do you maintain discipline, the enfeeble aura and the aspect all together? I have too little mana with all three to play.

You need enlighten lvl 3 or 4 if possible! Plus don't hesitate to take the node which reduced the mana reserved
"
Shawntastic wrote:
Which piece of armor should I link phase run, and the other 3 red gems? Shield , boots?

Sin Trek is the cheapest option as it has strength. Anything else that is high energy shield will be 100+ int and will cost ~1200+ chromatics to make 3R1G on average. I spent 5ex on a pair of boots, got lucky AF and did it for 100 chromatics, but the odds were completely against me.
Thanks to the OP, did my first shaper kill today.

https://imgur.com/a/WEmXoNk

Not here to gloat, its been years of trying to get the kill...finally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info