[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

"
Covenant wrote:
"
p4ndi0n wrote:
Potency of Will and 2 points in skill duration is very important to the build (damage multiplier or something like that) or can I put in another skills like Frost Walker or Holy Dominion?

Thanks!
It is very, very good. In absolutely ideal cases it is a 45% more multiplier. That never quite happens, but it is fantastic both for boss killing and quality of life.

Definitely take it before any %increased damage, by a long shot.

Oh, glad to know, thanks for information!!!!
"
ZarSilvir wrote:
... you recommend getting increased minion damage using the new notable passive, but I can't see the reasoning for doing this over just scaling cold damage, since you could get comparable %increased spell damage on weapons instead of minion damage. Then you could just change the passive skill tree to prioritize different sources of damage that are more efficient then the 10% per node you get from minions.

This is a really interesting question. I've spent some time playing around with 90+ builds from a couple of people and my own (currently 63) build.

If you want to take Zealot's Oath plus Faith and Steel, you can drop minions to get back 6 nodes: 5 at Spiritual Aid and 1 in the center. With an appropriate weapon, there are several places to put the points, and it does look like you might get slightly better DPS - but it seems pretty close in a first pass.

If you want to put defense somewhere other than Zealot's and Faith, you can take back a dozen nodes to play with by giving up minions.

So much depends on both gear and how you want to personally balance offense and defense.

I love the build - it's really fun to play, as well as a great way to learn how to optimize with PoB.
"
Is hall of grandmasters doable with this build?

I can answer myself here. It is doable but quite hard. died 4 times and i did deathless uber elder earlier.
Last edited by iwaniwanowitsch on Feb 9, 2019, 12:27:26 PM
I'm prepping a character to try out this build and I have the following shield:

https://imgur.com/a/vUF8R4s

I feel like unfortunately the +2 is wasted since I can only 3 link and the 4th gem is superior, but I wasn't sure.
Last edited by Torsdan on Feb 9, 2019, 12:04:19 PM
I love this build so much best build ever, never enjoyed any build like thank you so much.

Last edited by walking_on_sunshine526 on Feb 10, 2019, 3:46:55 PM
I have a question. I crafted this Opal Scepter and was just wondering if it's just as good as the multi craft scepters with increased damage over time mods on it. Thanks.

Amazing guide so far, loving the crafting section, keep it up!
"
Covenant wrote:
"
p4ndi0n wrote:
Potency of Will and 2 points in skill duration is very important to the build (damage multiplier or something like that) or can I put in another skills like Frost Walker or Holy Dominion?

Thanks!
It is very, very good. In absolutely ideal cases it is a 45% more multiplier. That never quite happens, but it is fantastic both for boss killing and quality of life.

Hi, trying to understand, why increased duration means more damage. Is the time converted into damage? Does a skill gem do that, or a passive, or do you just mean that an enemy is standing in it longer, so that the damage per second is not higher, but the damage dealt by one instance of say Vortex?
"
Sisko1980 wrote:
"
Covenant wrote:
"
p4ndi0n wrote:

Thanks!

Hi, trying to understand, why increased duration means more damage. Is the time converted into damage? Does a skill gem do that, or a passive, or do you just mean that an enemy is standing in it longer, so that the damage per second is not higher, but the damage dealt by one instance of say Vortex?

Its the second part. Duration provides more uptime for vortex. This allows more instances of vortex up at one time. Painting an entire room with vortex makes certain encounters go quicker. The end rooms of delve, uber elder, or anything with phases benefit from this.
Thanks for that well-rounded build.

My aim is to reach lvl 100 for the first time. Iam now killing the elder guardians. I have 3 out of 4.

I often had problem to reach the next lvl and i dont know whats the best way to reach it. Iam now standing at lvl93.

Is there a good (fast as posible ^^) safety way to reach the next lvl?

I die to often and iam wondering how other (sure better player than me) player kill elder deathless with lvl 90 or less.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info