[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

"
Lasu wrote:
I've got a few questions but first of realy fun build I struggled so hard to find a fun and fast build but I think with this one I'm sold.
Already got 3/4 Guardians down for the first time without a death^^

Now onto my questions:
1. I have some "problems" with mana regeneration, with arcane surge and while moving I only can get up to 41/s any tips on what I could change to get some more since I keep running out of mana while spaming vortex.

2. How important is the weapon with that trigger craft? Every weapon I can find (even those for 3+ex) give me worse dps than the one I'm using right now.
PoB says I lose like 40k dot dps and only gain 3k average hit damage on vortex and -10k dot dps/+3k average damage on coldsnap

So do I switch my weapon out to the trigger craft or not?

Oh yeah and at last can I try on shaper with my gear right now or should I invest some more into it(never even tried shaper in all those years)

Thanks for the feedback man! Glad you like it :)

The clear speed always surprises me, because this is still sooooo strong at clearing bosses. Obviously this is not a deadeye t-shot or an arc build, but it moves pretty darn good ;)

Now on to your questions...

1. I am surprised you have mana issues! I have ran out before, but never where i couldnt consistantly keep down vortex and cold snap.

There is a node that is quite good and not far out of the way in the passive tree, named: Deep Thoughts, up near the top. It gives 20% inc mana and another 20% inc mana regeneration rate, as well as another +20 intel. That may help you a bit, otherwise you can get the flat out crafting mod for rings that gives extra mana, and flat 4 mana regenerated per second. That is actually a LARGE amound when you start adding the multipliers.

and

2. Pretty darn important. It adds HUGE quality of life to the build, and a LOT of damage. I would check out the crafting section and craft your own for 10-50c.

PoB is not calculating the DoT correctly for EE and Cold DoT right now, I believe it will hopefully be fixed in the future. Having the trigger on cast affix allows you to ALWAYS be using EE, which flat out adds like -50% enemy resists to that element. That is HUGE!

Some people do prefer to use a 6 link staff or bow though, and use 6 link cold snap or something of the like on top of 6 link vortex, but again, personal preference.

I would just mess around and do what feels right for you, but i can tell you the quality of life from not having to cast 3 skills and have them auto cast all the time is huge, and the extra damage is also very nice ;)

Again, i would self craft one though, not buy one. I put a guide for that in this morning :)

I hope this helps!
Quick question, how do you deal with the mana issues?
"
Quick question, how do you deal with the mana issues?

What do you mean mana issues?

As i responded to another above, if you need mana and regen, grab Deep Thoughts for two points in the north part of the tree. the other option is a couple points on the wheel next to Arcane Focus, or the node tree Dreamer.

I personally made sure to grab the node Shaper to help with mana regeneration, and I do not have many issues at all.

Another easy option is to do the 3c craft at the bench to add a flat +4 mana regen/s if you really need it, but you shouldn't. Since Vortex doesn't stack on itself, you only need one down at a time. Between that, and hitting cold snap a few times and flame dash here and there with phase run... You shouldn't have too much of an issue.

Let me know if there is something specific i can help with!
I do agree there are some mana issues if you map quickly and dont have mana regen on your gear. I just use a Cinderswallow flask and that fixes the problem and gives crazy good ES regen anyway.
Thanks for the detailed answer.
I'll just get one weapon then crafting or buying :D depends if I get a decent one crafted and see how it feels and spec into EE after I got one.

"
Idarroc wrote:
Since Vortex doesn't stack on itself, you only need one down at a time.

Realy? I didn't know that :D so that's fixing one of my mana issues while fighting a boss.

I'll test it with that Cinderswallow flask aswell that Juts mentioned to see if it helps while speeding through the map

Have a good day and happy new year :)
Last edited by Lasu on Jan 1, 2019, 4:11:32 AM
Maybe im blind, but do u have an Pastebin forit?
"
Fraunzz wrote:
Maybe im blind, but do u have an Pastebin forit?

You can find that under the Spoiler Skill tree
"
Idarroc wrote:
"
The__ wrote:
This build viable for HC?

My answer to that would be... Level 70+ yes, but I do not know if I would use this build to level.

I would likely level the required gems in the offhand, and use something else for my main clear skill till i had 6 - 7k ES +, which is very easy to get with this build.

Trying this build at HC now.
Leveling is nightmare, hope after ill rich lvl 70 will be more easy :)
Will update soon.

I think sin trek must be must have in this build (at least for HC).
What helm enchant do you prefer. I was going to buy one to use for crafting but can’t decided between coolsown recovery or duration for vortex and why do you prefer that one?
"
Idarroc wrote:
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
so this league and build are milestones for me in my PoE game time.

today this build has allowed me to do all guardians and shaper deathless (first ever shaper kill, not first guardian kills though). I then went right after uber elder. All his guardians down deathless, took on Uber Elder for the first time ever and while it was doesnt deathless, i did get him down.

this build is solid all around for all content. I could have done Uber deathless if i was more familiar with the fight since IMO all my deaths (4) were just caused by not really knowing what i was doing and getting caught out

Dude! You have no idea how happy that makes me!

Congrats on your first ever Uber Elder! Dude is hard to take down until you learn the fight, but im glad my build helped you do it! I do like this one for that fight because it really allows you to focus on the fight mechanics, and just lay your pools of death :P

Keep pushing it man, see how far you can go :D

Thanks man, I didnt record the kill but i was able to shadow play this

https://streamable.com/b80cp

non-high skill gameplay of the death before the kill on next attempt. Inexperience got me killed there but i also find it shit that shaper didnt say "gaze into the abyss" at the last beam giving me no audio que.

I mean, my horrible flame dash didnt help , but no audio que was kinda lame

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info