[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

I've come from a ES Golem build to this, it feels amazing. It feels so powerfull, that I have 3 passive points left(lvl89)unsure what to spend them on lol. (just before typing this I noticed I still had a golem jewel socketed too :P)

Possible to run this build with 2x Sceptre instead of shield ? Gonna miss quite a bit of ES, but gaining alot of damage?

I've got plenty of ES nodes left, but already sitting at 14K ES. (Gear is not even optimized, just put something together from previous builds)

I dont have a helmet with the -Cold res, but my Bone Helmet is doing a very good job. Crafting one with high ES and -cold res would be a best option for this build it seems. Although VERY expensive.

Thank you for this build!
ps- Tips welcome where to spend my last few points
Edit- went for an extra curse!
~ Raz
Last edited by Razero on Jan 1, 2019, 11:19:17 AM
Can someone please tell me if the lightning dmg on my wep ruins the Elemental Equilibrium set up. Heres my profile. I think my dmg is lacking.

ty so much

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/2290313
Last edited by MaceQuindoo on Jan 1, 2019, 11:30:19 AM
"
Razero wrote:
Possible to run this build with 2x Sceptre instead of shield ? Gonna miss quite a bit of ES, but gaining alot of damage?

That's a lot of potential ES to lose. The build has tons of damage, I think you need the survivability more than the damage. I'm not an end game player but t14 map bosses die in a couple of seconds and I don't have a scepter yet (just using a 100% spell damage/cold multi wand). The only thing where more dps would be welcome is syndicate on rippy maps (again I've only gone as high at t14), but that's also where you need a lot of ES. I've been 1 shot with 11.4k.

"
Razero wrote:
I've got plenty of ES nodes left, but already sitting at 14K ES. (Gear is not even optimized, just put something together from previous builds)

I'd argue that's pretty optimized, you're 2.6k es ahead of me.
Last edited by rangda on Jan 1, 2019, 11:55:07 AM
"
MaceQuindoo wrote:
Can someone please tell me if the lightning dmg on my wep ruins the Elemental Equilibrium set up.

The short answer is no, although it will nerf damage from the lightning spells (which i find are strong enough even w/o supports to kill straggler trash your aoe misses). Added cold damage to spells will screw up EE.

For the long answer see my explanation of how EE works on page 6 of this thread.
"
MaceQuindoo wrote:
Can someone please tell me if the lightning dmg on my wep ruins the Elemental Equilibrium set up. Heres my profile. I think my dmg is lacking.

ty so much

It shouldn't, since your main damage is cold, you just do not want to proc cold in any way that you can avoid.

Some people are picky and prefer to avoid any added damage, but as long as you stay away from your actual damage skill in damage type, you will be fine. The goal is to do damage with light or fire, to proc EE, and not cold, since EE overwrites, not stacks!
Thank you Idarroc and rangda. Any suggestions for improvements with my current set up? It seems my dmg isnt as strong as in he videos

Last edited by MaceQuindoo on Jan 1, 2019, 12:03:43 PM
"
Meno80 wrote:
What helm enchant do you prefer. I was going to buy one to use for crafting but can’t decided between coolsown recovery or duration for vortex and why do you prefer that one?

I have debated this, but I think I would prefer Vortex Damage, and here is why...

Our other options are....

CD Recovery

or

Duration

I do not feel like we need more CDR because Vortex does not stack. My AoE is big enough that I clear with ease and cold snap cleans up anything else. Really no need to cast my skills faster

I do not feel like we need duration because my duration is already at 4.5s, and that is longer than most bosses live. Few bosses live longer than that, and if they do, it generally requires me laying another vortex.

That leaves me with damage. Damage is always good. Damage is love.

I would personally take an enchant with 40% more damage, though I am not sure that is the 100% right choice, its just what I would choose.
Hi! Great guide, really like it! I'm currently in Act 5 and like the play style so far, just still a bit hard to get used to the kinda small AoE size of vortex, some ranged mob always stays out of it -_- (would be awesome if it sucked nearby enemies towards the center :p).

What made me choose to follow your guide is the crafting part honestly. I'm a total noob when it comes to crafting, and I'm excited to start learning and doing it when i get to that point. I have a couple of qustions:

1. As I said, i'm a total noob with crafting (never crafted anything from scratch really), so what gave me some doubts is what are the steps after i have the white base and before i use the fossils. The resonator picture says "reforges a rare item with new random modifiers" ( i never used a resonator either, so not sure how they work), does it means the item needs to be rare before i can use the resonator? and i need to alt spam the item for desired modifiers, then use a regal orb, then the resonator with fossils? Or do i use the resonator with the fossils on the white item? what confused me is the wording on the resonator. Sorry if that was explained somewhere and i missed it, as i said i never crafted anything besides using the crafting bench :p

2. Would it be better to buy a lvl 1 enlighten gem and lvl it up, or get a corrupted lvl 3 one and save to buy a lvl 4? i'm not using vaal discipline yet (not much mana regen as im leveling, so im running clarity), but would like to know what's the best way to do it.

Thanks again for the great guide, i'm looking forward to the crafting guides for the other equips and to start crafting them myself !
"
rangda wrote:
"
Razero wrote:

That's a lot of potential ES to lose. The build has tons of damage, I think you need the survivability more than the damage. I'm not an end game player but t14 map bosses die in a couple of seconds and I don't have a scepter yet (just using a 100% spell damage/cold multi wand). The only thing where more dps would be welcome is syndicate on rippy maps (again I've only gone as high at t14), but that's also where you need a lot of ES. I've been 1 shot with 11.4k.

"
Razero wrote:

I'd argue that's pretty optimized, you're 2.6k es ahead of me.

Well, if I unequip the shield its -2.5k ES. Thats still without like 50% of nodes left to get from tree. I'd have as much ES as you right now. So I might actually try double sceptre (Does it even stack though? )

I have no problems with one-shots? Especialy not from syndicate, just gotta watch where you place yourself. Dont get shot by the forts double towers/harpoons? + high hits from the syndicate members. At a fort I destroy the door quick, and either go in or get the bosses out depending on who they are.

I'm also using Heretics Veil with double curse.
Temp Chains + Enfeeble + Enhance + Enlighten.
I've got ~100 Mana left. Using the Solstice Vigil Amulet

Im also running Aspect of the Spider + Discipline.

Getting better rings is gonna be a nightmare, because of no res on Amu + Helmet. I believe theyre worth it though.

~ Raz
Last edited by Razero on Jan 1, 2019, 12:40:35 PM
"
deps11 wrote:
Hi! Great guide, really like it! I'm currently in Act 5 and like the play style so far, just still a bit hard to get used to the kinda small AoE size of vortex, some ranged mob always stays out of it -_- (would be awesome if it sucked nearby enemies towards the center :p).

Get some Increased Area of Effect nodes ( Blast Radius / Amplify ) when you can :)
~ Raz

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info