[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Thanks for replying about the EE clarification, but I've yet another question.

Why do we fish the Potency of Will node (below EE, that gives skill effect duration)

Is that only to make our vortex last for longer? Or how does that work?

Sorry for the many questions, but first time I try anything like this. I must say I'm loving it though. Got through A10 last night, and I'm already breezing through T14-15 maps at 10.5k ES
"
clindberg88 wrote:

Why do we fish the Potency of Will node (below EE, that gives skill effect duration)

Sorry for the many questions, but first time I try anything like this. I must say I'm loving it though. Got through A10 last night, and I'm already breezing through T14-15 maps at 10.5k ES

We grab those 3 nodes, because those 3 nodes make Vortex and ColdSnap and Immortal Call and Vaal Discipline and a lot of our debuff's all last 45% longer.

45% is a LONG time!

For example, without those 3 nodes, our time is roughly 3 seconds, little under. With those 3 nodes, our vortex lasts roughly 4.5 seconds. It allows in deep delves and things for massive coverage and aoe to instakill everything as it spawns, like azurite spawns and things like that.

Also, increased duration on IC and Vaal Disc and our debuffs are also all GREAT for us.

Really happy to hear you are liking the build! I get nothing out of spending (now 15 hours+) on writing this, other than the comments that people leave! Makes me happy that I am helping people and they are enjoying it :)

Good luck man and keep asking questions! Thats why I made this thread!

For more explanation, Inc Duration is like 70-80% skill duration at max level... so for these 3 points we get a mid level increased duration on top of our increased duration that applies to EVERY skill.
Last edited by Idarroc on Dec 31, 2018, 2:07:37 PM
"
Idarroc wrote:
"
clindberg88 wrote:

We grab those 3 nodes, because those 3 nodes make Vortex and ColdSnap and Immortal Call and Vaal Discipline and a lot of our debuff's all last 45% longer.

45% is a LONG time!

For example, without those 3 nodes, our time is roughly 3 seconds, little under. With those 3 nodes, our vortex lasts roughly 4.5 seconds. It allows in deep delves and things for massive coverage and aoe to instakill everything as it spawns, like azurite spawns and things like that.

Also, increased duration on IC and Vaal Disc and our debuffs are also all GREAT for us.

Really happy to hear you are liking the build! I get nothing out of spending (now 15 hours+) on writing this, other than the comments that people leave! Makes me happy that I am helping people and they are enjoying it :)

Good luck man and keep asking questions! Thats why I made this thread!

For more explanation, Inc Duration is like 70-80% skill duration at max level... so for these 3 points we get a mid level increased duration on top of our increased duration that applies to EVERY skill.

You forgot about Phase Run! Which is arguably our most important defensive skill since it makes us nearly invisible and gives us time for our shields to recharge.
This build viable for HC?
"
bridgeburner wrote:
You forgot about Phase Run! Which is arguably our most important defensive skill since it makes us nearly invisible and gives us time for our shields to recharge.

I actually removed phase run since I have barely used it at all and I've had no issues, therefor I added Vaal Righteous Fire instead for extra burn on bosses
"
The__ wrote:

My answer to that would be... Level 70+ yes, but I do not know if I would use this build to level.

I would likely level the required gems in the offhand, and use something else for my main clear skill till i had 6 - 7k ES +, which is very easy to get with this build.
"
The__ wrote:

theres a streamer that runs a build almost identical to this in HC and hes like level 97. the biggest difference is he uses vigilant strike to trigger fortify and has maybe 5-10 skill points spent differently, probably closer to how mine are currently spent rather than the OP here
I've got a few questions but first of realy fun build I struggled so hard to find a fun and fast build but I think with this one I'm sold.
Already got 3/4 Guardians down for the first time without a death^^

Now onto my questions:
1. I have some "problems" with mana regeneration, with arcane surge and while moving I only can get up to 41/s any tips on what I could change to get some more since I keep running out of mana while spaming vortex.

2. How important is the weapon with that trigger craft? Every weapon I can find (even those for 3+ex) give me worse dps than the one I'm using right now.
PoB says I lose like 40k dot dps and only gain 3k average hit damage on vortex and -10k dot dps/+3k average damage on coldsnap

So do I switch my weapon out to the trigger craft or not?

Oh yeah and at last can I try on shaper with my gear right now or should I invest some more into it(never even tried shaper in all those years)
so this league and build are milestones for me in my PoE game time.

today this build has allowed me to do all guardians and shaper deathless (first ever shaper kill, not first guardian kills though). I then went right after uber elder. All his guardians down deathless, took on Uber Elder for the first time ever and while it was not deathless, i did get him down.

this build is solid all around for all content. I could have done Uber deathless if i was more familiar with the fight since IMO all my deaths (4) were just caused by not really knowing what i was doing and getting caught out
Last edited by DotsandDashes on Jan 1, 2019, 10:37:12 AM
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
so this league and build are milestones for me in my PoE game time.

today this build has allowed me to do all guardians and shaper deathless (first ever shaper kill, not first guardian kills though). I then went right after uber elder. All his guardians down deathless, took on Uber Elder for the first time ever and while it was doesnt deathless, i did get him down.

this build is solid all around for all content. I could have done Uber deathless if i was more familiar with the fight since IMO all my deaths (4) were just caused by not really knowing what i was doing and getting caught out

Dude! You have no idea how happy that makes me!

Congrats on your first ever Uber Elder! Dude is hard to take down until you learn the fight, but im glad my build helped you do it! I do like this one for that fight because it really allows you to focus on the fight mechanics, and just lay your pools of death :P

Keep pushing it man, see how far you can go :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info