[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

"
daimonxp wrote:
"
aqrunnr wrote:
"
daimonxp wrote:
looks like we have to take an extra node or so?

Unless i'm looking at it wrong, this is a buff for us. They removed an Int node that was there before. Now we'll just grab the one damage node on our way down.

Lets hope no more surprises we don't know about. But yeah looks like we have to take an extra node there to get to damage over time.

If the tree gets updated with what Bex posted, then we're basically trading 10 int for 8% damage/5% projectile speed/5% increased area of effect.

So for this build, the change will be beneficial.
I played this build last league as my third char and loved the play stile, got it to 99lvl which was a first for me(have the time but usually get bored by whatever I am playing will be starting this league with it, here's a block variant ? sort of...

https://pastebin.com/k59TTShK

We lose some %ES which I believe gets outweighed by the more ES from a shield node and overall we lose a bit of all res to gain block and damage.
I believe this variant will be more suited for deepdelve although the build is strong enough as is for most delve encounters anyway ^^
P.S. Obv still in progress, I just played around in POB a bit to see how it will fare.
Anyway just wanted to share and see what you guys think.
"
souldown1 wrote:
I played this build last league as my third char and loved the play stile, got it to 99lvl which was a first for me(have the time but usually get bored by whatever I am playing will be starting this league with it, here's a block variant ? sort of...

https://pastebin.com/k59TTShK

We lose some %ES which I believe gets outweighed by the more ES from a shield node and overall we lose a bit of all res to gain block and damage.
I believe this variant will be more suited for deepdelve although the build is strong enough as is for most delve encounters anyway ^^
P.S. Obv still in progress, I just played around in POB a bit to see how it will fare.
Anyway just wanted to share and see what you guys think.

Wouldn't a build like this be better?
https://pastebin.com/33V3UgYP

We lose some damage, but I personally prefer more ES and more regen since the damage should be enough.
Looks like we have to go through fangs of the viper to reach the Entropy DOT
Why not also grab the xtra 10% DOT on the left of Entropy?

Any reason we are not going for the soul thief and es nodes around it? It's right there!
"
snowmittens wrote:
Looks like we have to go through fangs of the viper to reach the Entropy DOT
Why not also grab the xtra 10% DOT on the left of Entropy?

Any reason we are not going for the soul thief and es nodes around it? It's right there!

It's a level 91 build, you have 9 more points if you want to level up to 100 which you can spend wherever you want.

But if you want damage, get the two points near Fingers of Frost first.

EDIT: Actually it's a good idea to remove 5% ES next to Faith and Steel and the 6% ES near Foresight. Then use these two points to get Soul Thief.
This will give us 6% more ES in total.
Last edited by BoiledGrape on Mar 8, 2019, 3:16:19 AM
Hey guys,

I've read a lot ppl talking about how good occultist/vortex is, and it seems here is the most popular build. I was thinking about picking that build for 3.6 and I looked at the only video where we can see clearing speed (T16 minotaur video) and man, it seems soooooooooooooo slow ?!?
It the video a bad one, or this is really that slow like you have to cast on all packs and wait for a couple of seconds (PER PACK) for it to die ?

Thx in advance :)
"
Thanarchy wrote:
Hey guys,

I've read a lot ppl talking about how good occultist/vortex is, and it seems here is the most popular build. I was thinking about picking that build for 3.6 and I looked at the only video where we can see clearing speed (T16 minotaur video) and man, it seems soooooooooooooo slow ?!?
It the video a bad one, or this is really that slow like you have to cast on all packs and wait for a couple of seconds (PER PACK) for it to die ?

It depends on how efficient you are at placing Vortex and Cold Snaps. You can basically alternate them and most packs should die in one tick, but there's no need to sit and wait for them to die, you can keep moving.

It's not as fast as some other builds, but it's really safe, strong and fairly fast.

It's still great for killing bosses, which most super fast clear builds aren't.
"
Thanarchy wrote:
Hey guys,

It is usually like this -> You go in front of a pack and leave behind a vortex, the mobs will walk into it and die while you move forward. Also using Cold Snap/VCSnap so it's not that bad as it looks. Can go LL for even more damage and mobs will die even faster.
"
Thanarchy wrote:
Hey guys,

posted some vids on the previous pages but here they are again.

Maze of the Minotaur, ez pz tanking
Uber Elder, sloppy kill.

Keep in mind this is my hc setup (page97) of vanilla vortex. You can get lots more dmg if you sacrifice defenses for other curses/nodes/auras or going the high dmg ll variants.. 2m uelder seem pretty good to me!

If vortex cd is holding you back I know some people run coldsnap+spellcascade while clearing maps.

can u make skill three for 3.6?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info