Blood Magic

Blood Magic is good as-is. It works great with auras that reserve a static amount, and a 2.5x multiplier on certain spells is no big deal when you are running with 2k-4k hp. It effectively makes things like curses or 3 links free.

As for not getting the keystone, it's because it costs a lot of points to get to and having mana is actually useful depending on where you started in the tree and what reservation auras you want. It's also useful to control what hits your life and what hits your mana. Trading two resources in for one is only effective for some builds.
Last edited by Watlok on Oct 31, 2012, 1:20:12 PM
well when you reserve something it doesnt mean that its gone, so 100% hp reservation shouldnt kill you, or at least make it unable to cast
"
TheRedOrc wrote:
well when you reserve something it doesnt mean that its gone, so 100% hp reservation shouldnt kill you, or at least make it unable to cast

It's not "gone", but you cannot utilise it either. Having all of your health unusable means you have 0 out of X to use. Being at zero means you're dead.
"
TheRedOrc wrote:

Skills are unable to cast if it costs more than the resource amount you have left.
If a skill costs 50 mana to use and you have 50 mana left, you can use it and end with 0 mana. If it costs 50 life to use and you have 50 life left, then you can use it and end with 0 life (and die). But if it costs 51 in either case you can't use it.
IGN: Jerk, Princess

http://orbswap.info - the easy way to trade currency
Question, does Blood Magic Gem obtainable via Marauder Quest rewards?
Last edited by heatzz on Nov 29, 2012, 8:54:47 PM
What really happens if I use the combination of Chaos Inoculation and an Aura+Blood Magic Gem?

Lets take Hatred as an example. It would reserve 30% plus the increased cost from level 20 Blood Magic, resulting in 60% HP reserved (0.6 HP). Since I only have a base of 1 HP will that prevent me to activate the aura?
You'll die. The cost is a percentage of one and rounded up. Splat.
actually anything between 0.00~01 to 0.99~99 rounds up to 1 instead of normal rounding. still someone needs to be brave enough to make me wrong for the sake of breaking and fixing the game.
I want to know if I would die when I do this
Purity+hatred=70% Mana reservation, with reduced Mana at level 20 which is 71% and then with Blood magic at level 20 which is 200%.
So the calculation is 70*0.71*2=99.4% life reservation
or is the calculation is like this 70*0.71=49.7%=50% so 50%*2=100% in which case I die
Please let me know as soon as possible.
You'd be dead either way; even the slightest hint of Chaos Damage would instantly kill you.
I don't know if you'd be technically or literally dead though.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 27, 2013, 4:09:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info