Blood Magic

Unavailable
Unavailable
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2021, 10:33:42 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
There is currently a bug with reserving percentages of 1 life, which allows you to use auras for (seemingly) no cost. When the total reserved percentage reaches 100%, you loose all your life and die but without the option to respawn. This has been fixed for an upcoming patch: skills costing a percentage of 1 life will round up to 1, and kill you.

"
Rakutsi wrote:
I dont get it , what is it that changes every level on this gem ?
The mana cost multiplier of the gem is reduced as it gains levels.
"
mirelitbab wrote:
Do you die when you use this(lvl1 gem) with Determination? 40% * 2,5 = 100%...
Yes. Your maths is correct, and spending 100% of your life will indeed kill you.
"
BlastMonkey wrote:
Considering that using this gem means losing a lot of damage from other supports you could have picked instead, I think the cost multiplier is ridiculously high.

I think it should start around 140% and reduce by 5% per level resulting a worthwhile gem at max level.
That would mean the gem had a 100% multiplier, and therefore no drawback whatsoever, at level 5, and after that would be making your skills cost less than normal for each additional level.

Level 20 would have leveled 19 times, meaning it's got a multiplier of 45% - skills linked to it would cost less than half, in addition to costing life instead of mana. With no drawback.

I'm pretty confident that wouldn't be balanced.
"
Elite wrote:
I know support gems of the same type don't stack.

But seeing that many tombstone skills are being put on support gems, do the tombstone and support gem effect stack? Blood magic might not be a good example.

But does the 35% penetration of a passive skill stack with the % of a support gem?
No. Multiple of the same keystone effect from multiple sources (keystone passives, uniques, supports) do not stack.
"
hzflank wrote:
If you have Chaos Inoculation and therefore only 1 health, could you use a blood magic support with an aura that reserves a percentage of mana/health to get the aura for free?
No. any non-zero percentage of 1 is rounded up to 1. You will spend 1 life and then die.
"
Umbraal wrote:
I thought you said earlier that you could reserve up to 99% and you wouldn't die.
I explicitly described that as a bug which caused bad side-effects and which was being fixed.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There is currently a bug with reserving percentages of 1 life, which allows you to use auras for (seemingly) no cost. When the total reserved percentage reaches 100%, you loose all your life and die but without the option to respawn. This has been fixed for an upcoming patch: skills costing a percentage of 1 life will round up to 1, and kill you.
"
aimlessgun wrote:
Question about this support and Increased Melee Damage on Full Life support.

If I use a Blood Magic skill at full HP, will the cost be applied before I damage the enemy, thus negating my Melee Dmg at Full Life gem?
Yes. You need to pay the cost before the skill can begin executing, including doing it's calculation of damage.
"
Islidox wrote:
Frankly, I've never seen a build that utilized a BM support gem to this date. By changing the cost multiplier to a more reasonable state, it would make this support gem a lot useful and desirable.
The support is used quite a lot form what I've seen, and is certainly quite powerful. It provides the benefit of the keystone without any of it's drawback - you still have all your mana, thus allowing you to run auras more easily and use that for other skills. That's a big advantage. It needs another, very significant, drawback to remain balanced, and the multiplier supplies this.
"
micos wrote:
you cant use a spell if you dont have enough mana. Why would you expect to the game to allow you to cast it when you use life? It should be considered as a bug.
You can't cast if you don't have enough life. You can cast if you have exactly enough life, leaving you with 0, exactly the same as mana.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info