Elemental Proliferation

It might be worth adding the AoE keyword to this skill's tooltip, seeing as AoE modifiers work on it now.
Since Ele. Prolif. now works with Area of Effect increases correctly, how does it function when used with Concentrated Effect?
Does it proliferate burns that deal higher damage and shocks/chills/freezes that last longer?
Or does it suffer an area decrease with no benefit at all?
highly double burning damage is boosted like in the case of righteous fire with con effect, so only size change.
"
Zankras wrote:
Since Ele. Prolif. now works with Area of Effect increases correctly, how does it function when used with Concentrated Effect?
Does it proliferate burns that deal higher damage and shocks/chills/freezes that last longer?
Or does it suffer an area decrease with no benefit at all?

No because Elemental Proliferation's AoE doesn't do any damage. So there is no damage to increase.
Concentrated effect will still reduce the AoE radius though.
So does this work with conductivity? This with added lighting damage minions seems like non stop shock to me.

Please make the proliferate effect more obvious to the eyes. It's extremely hard to see it when the ground has more than a slight amount of light.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Ok so once I realized this thing existed I had a ton of questions about it because it looks like it could be an epic addition to my fire witch's arsenal but figured I'd better ask a few questions before I went shopping for one in trade.

Firstly, if the proliferation effect is treated as an Aura is it considered a separate effect from normal burning? For example if I hit two enemies next to each other with a fire ball and they both ignite do they take damage from the aura and the burn caused by the hit?

If a enemy simply walks away from the afflicted enemy/corpse do they instantly stop burning/being shocked just by walking far enough away regardless of the remaining duration?

If a enemy stays next to the corpse and a burn times out would the aura re-apply the burning?
Assuming for example two different enemies next to each other one tougher than the other the tougher one is ignited first and survives but the second one dies while still burning would the first enemy then be ignited again because he's still in the radius?

Lastly it's hard to get an idea how big the radius is from just flat numbers(Since there's never any visible indication of range or any other range notation on skills to compare it to) so how big is it compared to other AoE spells? Or about how much radius would be say half a screen? Or a full screen? Would it even reach that far with AoE increases and a Increased area of effect gem? Or would it get there even without the extra effort into increasing the radius?

"
Darshe wrote:
Ok so once I realized this thing existed I had a ton of questions about it because it looks like it could be an epic addition to my fire witch's arsenal but figured I'd better ask a few questions before I went shopping for one in trade.

Firstly, if the proliferation effect is treated as an Aura is it considered a separate effect from normal burning? For example if I hit two enemies next to each other with a fire ball and they both ignite do they take damage from the aura and the burn caused by the hit?

If a enemy simply walks away from the afflicted enemy/corpse do they instantly stop burning/being shocked just by walking far enough away regardless of the remaining duration?

If a enemy stays next to the corpse and a burn times out would the aura re-apply the burning?
Assuming for example two different enemies next to each other one tougher than the other the tougher one is ignited first and survives but the second one dies while still burning would the first enemy then be ignited again because he's still in the radius?

Lastly it's hard to get an idea how big the radius is from just flat numbers(Since there's never any visible indication of range or any other range notation on skills to compare it to) so how big is it compared to other AoE spells? Or about how much radius would be say half a screen? Or a full screen? Would it even reach that far with AoE increases and a Increased area of effect gem? Or would it get there even without the extra effort into increasing the radius?

no
yes
yes
monster model affects wildly the radius of the spell. It's not huge but it's not too small either. I'm at 24% increased aoe and I think lvl 17 proliferation and it's a bit bigger that a ramp in lunaris 3.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
I've actually got a few questions about this gem in relation to minions and the anger aura.

first off, if i link el. proliferation to anger aura, will an ignites (specifically by minions) caused by the aura proliferate?

will i have to link el. proliferation to say, summon zombies, if i want ignites caused by instability to proliferate?

if i link +fire dmg to say, my skeletons, and link el/proliferate in a 3rd linked socket, will their ignites proliferate?

thx!
anger + prolif = no
minion bombs + minion + prolif = yes
added fire + skeleton + prolif = yes

anger aura is not the thing that is damaging, the skeletons are. the skeletons need fire damage of any kind in order to ignite. minion explosion is fire damage, it can ignite.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info