Elemental Proliferation

Does this still not apply to Minion Instability or has it been fixed?

If not, would it work if I would link Spell Totem - Skeletons - Add fire damage - Elemental Proliferation?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
wxyjac wrote:
Here's the thing.

Yes, crumbled enemies do not spread effects, but a frozen one does, and it freezes nearby enemies as well.

In addition, because the status effect is mob based, weaker mob will have longer freeze duration provided you don't kill them. This longer freeze duration will apply to stronger mobs as well, and even boss.

Even when you can one hit kill weaker mob, you should have enough damage to freeze the stronger ones, thereby still gaining the frozen/shock/burning effect. (And if all of them are dead, why do you bother the effect isn't spreading?)

I have used this gem before in CBT, and loved it. The only reason I stopped using it is because I have enough damage to 1 Hit KO mobs, thus reducing the usefulness of this gem greatly.

Again, remember different monster types have different hp, and elemental proliferation can spread the longer freeze duration from lower hp monsters to ones with higher hp. And the effect spreads to any other new monsters that comes near, providing you with some sort of crowd control if you ever want to combine cold damage with elemental proliferation.

TL:DR Has Cold Damage = Crowd Control; Has No Cold Damage = More Damage
It's a fair trade.

You are missing my point. If you have a large area of mobs, and use elemental proliferation and use, let's say sweep. If the crit is applied per attack and you have a 30% crit chance, then you have to attack 3 (or more) times to trigger it. If it was applied per mob, then 1/3 of the mobs would get the crit damage each time you attack meaning each time you attack you would be likely to get some effect spreading.

What is a critical hit supposed to be? In terms of what is supposed to be going on, it is called "CRITICAL" because it is hitting a weaker (critical) part of a monster that does more damage. In one swing of sweep it is more likely that you would be hitting 1/3 of mobs in a critical place each time as each mob would be in a different pose. Rather than you just coincidentally manage to hit all the mobs in a critical spot.

To quote wikipedia
"Critical hits are meant to simulate an occasional "lucky hit." The concept is realised as the effect of hitting an artery, or finding a weak point, such as a stab merely in the leg causing less damage than a stab in the Achilles tendon. "

I am not worried about crumbled enemies affecting the spread, merely the mechanics of how it works.
So your beef is not with EP but with Crits.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
So your beef is not with EP but with Crits.

Yes, but trying to get anything noticed in the suggestions area is almost impossible.
Sorry if his has been answered before, but I'm at work and cannot do some research of my own right now: Does EP linked to Infernal Blow allow Ignites caused by the corpse explosion part of IB to spread?
yes, even with detonate dead which is same explosion but of different value and use. both are fire damage explosions and will spread if burning triggered.
I'm also interested to know how much "radius 12" means...
Maybe you could display the radius on other skills aswell (curses, molten shell, righteous fire, etc...)
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
A suggestion for shattered frozen enemies, maybe you could create another object when the enemy is shattered, a slowing puddle, like the one the zombies (beach before Merveil) drop on death.
It wouldn't be too gamebreaking, like a freeze aura, but it would give a purpose to go cold/proliferation.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
Virtuoso wrote:

What is a critical hit supposed to be? In terms of what is supposed to be going on, it is called "CRITICAL" because it is hitting a weaker (critical) part of a monster that does more damage. In one swing of sweep it is more likely that you would be hitting 1/3 of mobs in a critical place each time as each mob would be in a different pose. Rather than you just coincidentally manage to hit all the mobs in a critical spot.

Technically for attacks the criticals first roll from the attack of the player, but each mob has an individual Evasion vs Accuracy based roll to reduce the critical to a normal effect. Essentially disabling crit mechanics when mobs make a successful roll.
Last edited by maskedmartyr on Feb 12, 2013, 12:38:10 AM
I was wondering if the Leadership and the other nodes in its cluster would increase the radius of the auras generated by this gem. I'm not sure because it's unclear to me if their descriptions, "X% increased Radius of Auras", are shorthand descriptions of "X% Increased Area of Effect Radius of Auras."
same name in-game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info