Elemental Proliferation

I would just like to add:

EP is terrible now.
"
Elemental Proliferation Support's radius has been increased from 12 units to 16.

Finaly some love =) Still not usable for noncrit burning builds =(
If I am proliferating an ignite from a mob, and a rare with an ele resistance aura walks over and gives the mob that is proliferating increased fire resistance, do monsters in the radius of the proliferation but outside of the radius of the aura take less damage.
No. The base Damage/sec on the Ignite is still the same, after all.
Can someone pls clarify the below case:

I am using Cold Spell A + EP and running HOI. I also took a "% increased damage against frozen enemies" node on the passive tree.

I cast Cold Spell A on Enemy X. It gets frozen and spread the freeze to surrounding enemies.

I know if I then shatter Enemy X, the freeze on the surrounding mobs will instantly end. My question is: Will the explosion from shattering Enemy X (because of HOI) deal % increased damage to the surrounding mobs? Cuz everything seems to happen at the same instant.
I have another question: Can EP spread more than 1 status ailments at the same time? Say if my skill supported by EP deals both fire and cold damage, if I crit and cause an enemy to be both ignited and frozen, will the surrounding mobs also get both ignited and frozen at the same time?
"
8r3nt wrote:
I am using Cold Spell A + EP and running HOI. I also took a "% increased damage against frozen enemies" node on the passive tree.

I cast Cold Spell A on Enemy X. It gets frozen and spread the freeze to surrounding enemies.

I know if I then shatter Enemy X, the freeze on the surrounding mobs will instantly end. My question is: Will the explosion from shattering Enemy X (because of HOI) deal % increased damage to the surrounding mobs?
No. The freeze is removed when the monster dies, the shatter doesn't happen until after that point, when the hit-processing code checks and sees the monster has died.

"
8r3nt wrote:
I have another question: Can EP spread more than 1 status ailments at the same time? Say if my skill supported by EP deals both fire and cold damage, if I crit and cause an enemy to be both ignited and frozen, will the surrounding mobs also get both ignited and frozen at the same time?
Yes.
Damage penalty progress is 'weird'.

Thousand Ribbons is literally worthless.
9 projectile damage nodes at ranger start, 200 avg damage burning arrow, even if BA impact kills the mob the burn is so minuscule it's not worth to rely on.

Please don't forget to revise the gem mechanic and stats before 'double dip' nerf.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Mar 30, 2017, 2:08:19 AM
Clearly awesome support gem. Mainly because of built-in 20% chance to freeze at lvl 1.
Spoiler
10 Day Turmoil (ORE001) was a great opportunity to test different silly builds at 1-40 lvl range. I've used the gem with Burning Arrow / Freeze Pulse / Frostbolt / Fire Trap / Cold Snap Trap / Arc mines / Sunder / EA / Ice Trap.
Basic Item setup include Tabula Rasa, +1 arrow Quill Rain / Craghead, 20-40% spell damage scepters, Goldrim, Hrimsorrow, Wanderlust, Karui's Ward, 15% damage Le Heup, 130 pdps lvl 28 Royal Bow.
3l (FP+EP+UA) in +1 cold gems wand able to freeze / freeze lock Brutus. 6l Frosbolt at lvl 35 character reliably freezelock a4 Daresso.

lvl 28-43 EA impact damage is always much more effective than proliferated burn, even if all support gems optimized to scaling ailments damage.

Proliferation area is so small it always mismatch proliferation animation size. "Does it work at all? Oh, the monster should stay directly on top of the dead body to take that tiny bit of burning damage".
Spoiler

I'd suggest to rename the gem to "Elemental Ailment Chance". Yep, that's the best you can do now.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info