Elemental Proliferation

"
Moist_Rectum wrote:
Does anyone know if the AoE from Burning proliferated Creatures stack?

In other words, can enemies be hit by the AoE from multiple Burn Prollf's at the same time?

No, they don't stack.
Last edited by Kavlor on Dec 31, 2014, 1:30:59 AM
I apply Ignite with Flameblast and proliferate the burning status.

My Flameblast benefits from increased area damage, which I have 20% of from my skill tree.

The burn damage double dips on my fire/elemental damage from gear and skill tree. Both the initiat Flameblast hit and the burn is amplified by theese damage types.

Question: Does the 20% increased area damage also affect my burn damage directly or only the incident hit from the Flameblast?

From http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/986804/
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

[...]
There are (since the DoT refactor) four sources of damage:
[...]
4) Damage over time. Not affected by spell or attack modifiers (because it's a separate class of damage), but anything that cares about the type of damage (fire, elemental, chaos, etc), or what deals it (trap, minion) will apply.

This would indicate that the 20% increased area damage would somehow interact on the burning damage through being applied by the Flameblast (which is AoE).

At the same time this experiment seems to indicate that MORE area damage does not affect the burn:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/661106

Which is it? Different treatment between INCREASED and MORE or just over-interpreting what Mark said to read double dipping into it?
Last edited by FatalityDance on Mar 1, 2015, 7:08:16 PM
1. Double-posting is pointless (especially if you're cross-posting in Skills and Supports...).
2. EP seems wholly unrelated? For reference, EP does not deal Damage, and thus never benefits from any Damage modifiers. The initial Ignite 'should' benefit the way I read it, but again, unrelated to EP. AoE might not fall under either type or application method? Seems odd, but considering Conc is so powerful it's not surprising either.
Radius down to 12 was uncalled for.
aka: nerf > fun
If you're leaving PoE, chances are I'll rezz you as my minion! MWHAHAHAH
Ahahhahaha this gem, I tried it post nerf and then I switched over to melee splash, same area, same ignite chance, more damage (both from hit instead of effect only and the less damage modifier is lower), This gem ceased to be functional on main attack skills most probably, I'd rather create an AoE effect with another gem (GMP, splash) and just skip the 30% less damage for the pathetic range it gives.
Radius nerf makes support gem useless for the most skills which doesn't scale with AoE. Also status aligment effect duration should in my opinion at least compensate damage penalty. Is 10% increase duration with quality gem equal to 30-21% less damage?..

I hate this nerf. I have been using proliferation for shock most of the time and it worked just fine. Now thanks to burn prolif is this support nerfed to the ground. :(
The radius nerf is too much. The damage nerf was enough, in my opinion.

Most all of my builds have been burn, for the last few years. It's just really fun.

I don't see why they needed a nerf so bad anyway. An end-game physical crit build or something to that extend is going to be 'better' anyway.

Anyway, I really think the radius should be put back up some. 12 is just too low. Something like 20 would cut down the massive proliferate size but still keep it usable for burn builds.

I really hope a Dev responds to this. I'd love to know what they think, and if it might possibly be too much of a nerd.
Agreed. The radius nerf is way too much.

You know how much 12 units is? The tiles in elreon's hideout are 12 units wide, for god's sake!

Honestly, I can deal with the damage nerf, I realize it was needed to tone down burn prolif builds, and I feel like it was a good change, but the radius nerf is just so hurtful to any kind of interesting status effect based build.

Think three dragons, it was one of the smartest and funnest uniques to build around, and now it's pretty much dead along with prolif.

It saddens me to see such a change get out of the beta without any changes made to it after the community has expressed their frustration over the 12 fixed range multiple times, hopefully it gets buffed back up, just a little bit, soon enough. Not something massive like the 30-something units that it had before at max level, but just something useable, like 18 or 20ish range.

Please GGG, if you do see this, reconsider buffing this gem.
While I understand that EE was a bit op and deserved a nerf, again there's too much collateral damage.

As an example, I had a nice Single Target Marauder build that was using HoA+Prolif to get AoE damage in. Now I can't proliferate any burn, the only way to get it is when monsters walk over the still burning corpses of their friends.

Before, the whole screen went on fire once I killed a single monster.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
I wanted to give this gem a try post nerf. Combined with as much increased AoE as I could manage and it was still so frustrating and useless. I don't get why burn received such massive buffs with fire damage counting twice, powerful uniques and notables and then suddenly you're surprised burn is too strong and nerf Proliferation completely to the ground for shock and freeze builds as well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info