Elemental Proliferation

"
PyrosEien wrote:
Actually, this only happens with freeze, because when they die they will often shatter, making the corpse disapear which instantly cancels EP.

Yes I noticed this and it almost ruined my Ice Spear + Cold to Fire + Crit Damage + Elemental Proliferation build! Had to switch to Fireball + Conc Effect + Chance to Ignite + Elemental Proliferation. Ice Spear + Cold to Fire + Crit Damage is still really good for single target tho, especially with increased burning damage.
"
Zaanus wrote:
Since when do things catch un-fire?

Since Flasks of Dousing were introduced.
Gotcha
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The spread is not (And is not intended to be) a one-time thing. Other entities only have the ailment while the original one is spreading it. If it's removed, it's not spreading anything, so nothing can be affected by it.

I think the confusion (my own, and throughout this thread) primarily comes with the common understanding of words proliferation and spread. Both typically imply a one way street -> once something proliferates or spreads, wiping out the initial source does nothing to the remaining afflicted.

For instance:

Whether we're talking about cell proliferation, nuclear proliferation, or XX proliferation, wiping out the source does nothing to the rest.

Or, when a disease or other ailment spreads (close analogy to the current skill description), if the source is cured, others are not suddenly cured.

For the intended behavior you describe, I think confused posts like mine can be avoided by rephrasing the EP description to better reflect the behavior.

But I guess from my armchair, it would sure seem neat if elemental proliferation worked more like disease proliferation.
Last edited by FrederickHermanJonesJr on Feb 28, 2013, 1:27:25 PM
does Leadership or any of the aura aoe increases affect this?

EDIT: nevermind, read earlier in the thread
IGN Macesaremanttofly
Last edited by rogueyoshi on Mar 2, 2013, 6:44:52 AM
"
rogueyoshi wrote:
does Leadership or any of the aura aoe increases affect this?

No. It's a pseudo aura, not a real aura it uses aura tech(see post a few pages back). Even if it was, it'd be a monster aura, not "your" aura, so it wouldn't be affected anyway.
"
PyrosEien wrote:
No. It's a pseudo aura, not a real aura it uses aura tech(see post a few pages back). Even if it was, it'd be a monster aura, not "your" aura, so it wouldn't be affected anyway.

It is created by the character, so it would benefit. It also benefits from Increased and Reduced AoE, after all :P
Quick question, looked a number of pages back but didn't find it.

How long does the proliferation effect last? As long as the original status effect? A set amount of time? Indefinitely?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
lasts as long as the condition does on original foe/corpse.
Thanks.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info