[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Very fun build. Switched over to a variation of this after trying out a discharge build (which i was not a fan of).

I decided to drop enfeeble and am instead running:
- Warlords mark ring
- Aspect of the Spider (this is just so dang good for every build)
- Lvl 22 Herald of Ice (21 gem in +1 AOE fingerless gloves). Linked to a lvl 4 enlighten and damage gem.
- Lvl 22 Herald of Thunder (Which I might swap out for Anger) Linked to a lvl 4 enlighten and damage gem.

I've been fooling around with the damage gem on HoI/HoT. Tried Onslaught and Innervate and added cold. Also tried Vaal RF in the spot (which is a level 21 thanks to the gloves).

I really like the endurance charges you get from warlord's, plus it ensures more consistent leeching. I might swap back to enfeeble later, not quite decided.

I need to balance my resists to run wise oak, but haven't gotten around to it. I also probably need better jewels (I just reused jewels from my winter orb build).

But overall very fun build.

Last edited by Aschere on Jan 2, 2019, 3:15:55 AM
"
PapaCristobal wrote:
How is the build doing at Uber Elder?

Tried 2 times, and failed. :D Managed to take their live to 3/4 but not more.Dmg is superb, i cant complain but those slowing effects from elder f@ck me up every time.I can survive only one shaper balls, no more.So the build is okay for uber elder if u have good dodging skills.Shaper was a joke, guardians too.Still didnt try uber atziri, i might try it somewhen.
Last edited by slicchabib on Jan 2, 2019, 3:24:57 AM
"
teslabear wrote:
Could you plug LGOH instead of Fortify in the main 6L?
vortex - arcane - bone chill - unbound
leap slam - fortify - faster attacks

Not sure how much this would help. Leap slam > flame dash, easy fortify, and an extra 380 life a second from cyclone.

Is there a spreadsheet to determine a more accurate APS, taking into consideration latency, weapon attack speed, cooldown reduction, etc?

Thanks!

If you were to switch out fortify from the 6-link setup and put it in leap slam, you should probably just replace it with cold penetration. As you said, LGOH support only works with attacks, meaning it only work with hits from cyclone. 412 life per sec (at best scenario of 7.5 APS and 21/20 gem) isnt bad but kinda small compared to 1012 life per sec you can get from vitality lgoh watchers eye or ~1200 from atziri acuity.
Also, for anyone planning to run Vitality LGOH, Discipline LGOH is actually LOT better. We get to about 800 total ES but we can leech it, making it actually a usable and sustainable extra layer of defense.

Will update this in the main post once Im back from vacation.
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 2, 2019, 5:10:18 AM
"
CheeQu wrote:
Also, for anyone planning to run Vitality LGOH, Discipline LGOH is actually LOT better. We get to about 800 total ES but we can leech it, making it actually a usable and sustainable extra layer of defense.

It's a good call, but be aware that you can't effectively run blood rage with ES so you lose the ability to proc Arakaali's pantheon and boost your leech/lgoh rate by 50%. If you don't use blood rage then it doesn't matter ofc.

Or, if you really want to layer on defenses, run them both!
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 2, 2019, 5:39:33 AM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:

It's a good call, but be aware that you can't effectively run blood rage with ES so you lose the ability to proc Arakaali's pantheon and boost your leech/lgoh rate by 50%. If you don't use blood rage then it doesn't matter ofc.

How is blood rage working for you? I feel like I wouldnt be able to proc the arakaali effect exactly when I needed, feels RNG based (unless you have a way to stop blood rage? Maybe by switching weapons?). Also the attack speed buff switching on and off and the 4% degen wouldnt help either?
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 2, 2019, 5:39:42 AM
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:
"
CheeQu wrote:

How is blood rage working for you? I feel like I wouldnt be able to proc the arakaali effect exactly when I needed, feels RNG based (unless you have a way to stop blood rage? Maybe by switching weapons?). Also the attack speed buff switching on and off and the 4% degen wouldnt help either?

You know it's a good question - I really like it in maps because you can build around it, and I don't care whether it's on or off for map bosses because they die so fast either way.

That said, I haven't done uber elder with my latest setup and I don't think it would be great for uber elder given some phases it will be on, and some off - as you've pointed out to me before.

I'm going to spec out of it I think and see if it has any material impact on survivability and I'll report back! Hope you're having a good vacation mate.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 2, 2019, 5:42:42 AM
Hi CheeQu, First of all i would like to thank you for this amazing build. Was new to the CoC build gameplay but getting a hang of it.

Need to ask something please. At the moment I have 3.2 AS on cyclone. Would onslought enchant on the boots (through crafting bench) be viable? or will i lose dps out of it?

Something to point is that I cleared all content with the build except Uber Elder (still learning the fight with cyclone). Animation sometimes fucks things up.

Again Thank you for the build. Keep it up buddy!

"
mrpetrov wrote:
You know it's a good question - I really like it in maps because you can build around it, and I don't care whether it's on or off for map bosses because they die so fast either way.

That said, I haven't done uber elder with my latest setup and I don't think it would be great for uber elder given some phases it will be on, and some off - as you've pointed out to me before.

I'm going to spec out of it I think and see if it has any material impact on survivability and I'll report back! Hope you're having a good vacation mate.

Have you tried the weapon swap thing to turn blood rage off? (Not sure if this still works or it was patched). You would need to not have Auras on the shield for this.
Last edited by CheeQu on Jan 2, 2019, 5:52:24 AM
"
CheeQu wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

Have you tried the weapon swap thing to turn blood rage off? (Not sure if this still works or it was patched). You would need to not have Auras on the shield for this.

Nah, sadly this old trick doesn't work any more!:(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info