[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

"
kobo1d wrote:
I'm soon planning to switch to Unnatural Instinct + 2 Might of the Meek with my next 4 Ex of upgrades, then re-assess the value of Tempered Mind/Precision/DPS shield and re-adjust my rares for the modified tree. Please let me know if you think I should postpone this expenditure for some other needed upgrades?

This is my first character in the 90s and my first league where I've gotten out of yellow maps. My goals for this character are killing all the bosses in the game, and DPS for this build seems so high that I've leaned more into survivability/defense vs clear speed. I'm almost done re-leveling gems to 20 after rolling over to 20 quality. Trying to craft a perfect Elder ring, still a work in progress but right now my current one is where I get 90% of my Light resist so I need to upgrade it in combination with the UI-MotM tree and other slot changes.

Not sure how to link jewels, right now:

1. Watcher's Eye is 5% Mana/6% Life/5% ES/29 ES on Hit w Discipline/(unused) 10% Phys taken as Light w Purity of Elements
2. Frozen Trail 9% Proj/5% Inc Damage corrupt
3. 7% Life/18% Cold Crit Multi/11% Cold+Light Res
4. 6% Life/17% Cold Crit Multi/9% All Res
5. 6% Life/14% Ele Crit Multi/16% Armour/5% Knockback

Put the jewels in your inventory so you can link them :)

Also, though the mod "enemies are shocked" indeed is tasteful in pob, but its quite misleading

Look at this video for further explanation, he explains it very well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voz1-GsDKkA

Good luck!

My understanding before watching the video: "Non-damage-based shock from the focus craft ring is effectively a 20% more modifier if you have no other sources of enemies take increased damage."

My understanding after watching the video: unchanged. At the end he even calls out this type of shock being a flat 20%.

Is your argument that 20% more every 4 out of 12 seconds is worse than 20% increased every 12 out of 12 seconds?
Last edited by kobo1d on Jul 23, 2019, 12:43:30 AM
"
kobo1d wrote:
My understanding before watching the video: "Non-damage-based shock from the focus craft ring is effectively a 20% more modifier if you have no other sources of enemies take increased damage."

My understanding after watching the video: unchanged. At the end he even calls out this type of shock being a flat 20%.

Is your argument that 20% more every 4 out of 12 seconds is worse than 20% increased every 12 out of 12 seconds?

My argument is

based on him saying

"Damage increase scale from 50% @ 10% of maximum life To 0% @ 0% of maximum life" But this depends on how hard you hit on a SINGLE shocking hit (i.e. either one spell/attack; not a mix of combined damage like us)

since shaper has 18M HP so 10% is 1.8m I'm absolutely sure I won't be able to reach that threshold.

to put it short, I think it's best to just add a needed mod rather than shock, since even on a minm-axed coc ice nova, that one spell won't hit 1.8m on a single spell hit, plus it's realistically only useful at bosses.
I don't think the shock from the focus is scaled in the same way. The scaling calculation is comparing the damage of a shocking hit with the total HP of the target, and this calculation determines the percent more damage taken for subsequent hits.

There are no shocking hits occurring in the cases of focus ring shock, Shocking Ground, Vessel of Vinktar, etc. The ailment is simply being applied with a static 20% effectiveness (10% for Vinktar)...it has nothing to do with the damage or number of hits occurring before or after the shock.

In the video you linked this is discussed at time 5:15-5:30.
Last edited by kobo1d on Jul 23, 2019, 2:47:42 PM
"
kobo1d wrote:
I don't think the shock from the focus is scaled in the same way. The scaling calculation is comparing the damage of a shocking hit with the total HP of the target, and this calculation determines the percent more damage taken for subsequent hits.

There are no shocking hits occurring in the cases of focus ring shock, Shocking Ground, Vessel of Vinktar, etc. The ailment is simply being applied with a static 20% effectiveness (10% for Vinktar)...it has nothing to do with the damage or number of hits occurring before or after the shock.

In the video you linked this is discussed at time 5:15-5:30.

Oh yea my bad. hmm but tested on uber elder (with two player inside) and shaper, doesn't really seem to be a significant difference, plus the hassle of one more button.

I guess the 20% is alright (personally gives me me an extra 54k dmg boost)

sorry. :D thanks
No worries, thanks for talking it out with me because there was/(is?) a good chance I had it mixed up myself.

I have already remapped my key for the focus to be next to my flasks and integrated it into my usual flask piano routine, but agree having to press another button is a hassle.

Past a certain point, I can definitely see how more quality of life is way better than the last bits of DPS. It would seem your character is likely far past this point, and mine is still approaching! =)
Last edited by kobo1d on Jul 23, 2019, 4:29:49 PM
I have a newbie question:🤨 If I have 2 or more ctc on crit gems, will only one of them trigger for a single crit or all of them once?
And is it true to say Cospri Malicebe would be mandantory for the build? Since I'm currently running the build without it (with six linked body armor) and still get fine.
Double post
Last edited by QBourbon on Jul 24, 2019, 12:35:36 AM
This build is so fun. I'm crushing all maps with ease until... I get face raped by the boss on most t16 maps. Can anyone suggest gear upgrades that could help my situation? Thanks!

The mod on your belt is useless as far as attacks deal elemental damage change it to a useful mod..shock on your ring would be a great boost for Bosses only deal's n extra 20% damage
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by dragnmith1 on Jul 24, 2019, 5:48:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info