[3.5] CheeQu's CoC Ice Nova Assassin - Up to 7m Shaper DPS + Amazing Clearspeed [In-Depth Guide]

Guys that are having mana issues maybe try Bereks grip. This ring has mana and life leech (for us since we shock and freeze every hit (critical of cold and lightning have an inherent 100% chance to inflict those aliment!!!).

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Berek%27s_Grip

I've tested this and it's the bomb. The only reason I'm not using is a) im 96 with 21-20 gems and boss die instant so I have no mana issue b) I cant get my resists even with it.

Some big boss you will not freeze some immune some have too much HP like shaper and UE. So you can get a viridian jewel with 2 mana on hit. Then zero issue. IMO enfeeble too much to give up.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Dec 26, 2018, 11:47:37 PM
GESUS my cyclone attach speed is 4.8 in hideout
A casual gamer
This build can be used with shield charge for more high clear speed? if yes, what can be changed to do so?
"
Just wanna say big thanks for this build and the effort you put into it :)

is it ok to spec into mind drinker i have struggling big time with mana i running out of it all time vs syndicate or t12+ boss's causing me to rip

I updated the section about mana and copy paste it here, read all of it if you still have mana problems:

◈ Having Mana problems? Eventually the tree will offer you enough Mana Regenartion. However, until that happens try:
1) Using Cyclone further away from your character. Cyclone drains Mana every time you change direction with it, so spamming it on top of yourself will greatly increase its Mana cost (do this only if you have Mana problems).
2) Not using your Quicksilver Flask against bosses for the same reason as above. This is probably the tip that will save you the most Mana. For this reason, I put my Quicksilver on the 5th slot to have better control of when I want and when not to use it.
3) Don't spam Vortex needlessly, one Vortex every 3 seconds should be enough.
4) The Arcane Surge buff offers some nice Mana Regeneration, so try to have that active (without spamming Flame Dash too many times and wasting Mana there obviously).
5) If that's not enough, switch Dread Banner for an Enlighten gem (lvl 2/3)
6) If THAT's not enough either, get "Deep Thoughts" on the passive skill tree (you probably didn't try the above tips too much though!).
"
HDTanel wrote:
"
"
HDTanel wrote:
Still no updates to PoB etc? :D
edit: oh finally updates in first post.
QUESTION: Is it not worth getting Phase Acro???? :]

Anyway I am leveling this from zero with no gear and it is a breeeeeze.
I´ve played tons of different WinterOrb builds before and leveling with Freezing Pulse from 1-8 and then with ARC 8-28 and then switching to Winter Orb.. at 38 Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear 4 link and everything dies in a few seconds, including the thoughest of bosses, atm in ACT VIII. Also no deaths.
So just for league start this is a great way to get you to maps and then switch when you are comfortable!

I also feel this might actually be a better for Winter Orb CwC Ice Spear as Assassin.. tree is very similar to my Elementalist version.. like almost exactly the same.

So I am already liking how versatile this build can be if you don´t have the gear straight away you can still do amazing damage to everything.

Some info on what links I did:

1-8 Freezing Pulse-Added Lightning-Added Cold
8-28 ARC-Added Lightning-Controlled Destruction-Elemental Profileration (Really only need 3link with +1 wand until 28-33 or so when you get WinterOrb from SIOSA or buy it from a player at 28 as it´s a quest reward originally from Marmoa for killing Gravicius).
28-38 WinterOrb-Lesser Multiple Projectiles-Added Cold Damage-Controlled Destruction
38-Switch LesserMultipleProjectiles to GreaterMultipleProjectiles
38-Maps (or from ACT VI) WinterOrb-IceSpear-CastWhileChanneling-GreaterMultipleProjectiles

Other then that.. Arctic Armour, Herald of Ice with Onslaught or Curse on Hit with Enfeeble or Blasphemy Enfeeble like original poster said and maybe Herald of Thunder aswell.
Also using Shield Charge with Fortify atm :) for extra zoomzoom alongside FlameDash plus nice phys reduction from Fortify

edit: Oh, I did one LAB in ACT IV aswell and chose OPPORTUNISTIC

Hello, sorry for the late response. I included a tree version in the main post with phase acro as well as my thoughts on it!

Also thank you for these leveling tips, I updated the leveling section based on your tips and credited you, as I'm not a leveling master myself :P

Thank you so much :D my first ever recognition hah!
I will post to my fanpage :P I have a small following of about 50k people on Youtube(HDTanel\TheTanelChannel).
You can add that 4link in maps is totally fine and if you do wanna add 2 more gems then you HAVE to get -5 mana cost on jewelry so to not have mana problems.. or just add a mana flask.
PLUS you can buy a cheap (or do few VAAL areas while leveling) to get Vaal RF and Vaal BF. When you feel single target is not going down.. pop those two off and they melt.

ANYWAY.. Update time. I made it to maps, farmed with my 4link WinterOrb until I bought both Lycose and Cospri.. then just few C here and there to get flask, all resists to be the same percentage and the ring you recommended. Where before WinterOrb started to lack in damage and I had trouble getting single targets down... those same targets and map tiers higher.. WITH life mods.. die in... ohh I donno.. bout 1-2 seconds and 3-4seconds if I am unlucky lol... Seems very decent atm, very fun way to play aswell AND I love it that this exact tree can be used to level your char league start with zero gear with ARC and or Winter Orb and then just switch when you have the currency finally.

I now am thinking on leveling a new Assassin but going ES instead.. did you try ES?

I think im going for it.. kinda confused as what to but in the weapon as a third gem instead of lifeleech then.. supports for those or another spell?

I will get reduced mana reserved nodes as I feel mana was no issue atm and adding Discipline in as well.

woah, 50k is NOT small following bud! :D congrajs on that!

About mana problems, check the post just above this one and please let me know if it helps enough. Even though I never had any, I want to solve Mana issues people have.

I haven't tried ES yet but maybe I should. I'd include Discipline and watcher's eye with discipline ES gain on hit for sure. Also an ES chest with attack critical strike chance mod would be a nice place to start.
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 27, 2018, 1:31:04 AM
"
deinernst123 wrote:
"
"
deinernst123 wrote:
I am confused about the 3.7 attacks per secound and how you reach them. I only have 12% attack speed on my gloves and a 14% attack speed cospiris and i am already at 3.8 attacks per secound which is way too fast.

Don't get attack speed on gloves, get resists instead! I'm guessing you don't have starkonja's yet either, so if you switch these 2 items maybe you will be at 3.7 as you should. If not link your gear and we can figure it out.

I just recrafted the gloves (bought them with 12 attack speed) and also noticed that i specced into fangs of the viper, so i respecced that node too. With those 2 changes, and a silver flask up, i have exactly 3.7 attacks per secound. Perfect. Only problem that i have is that my tooltip crit on cyclone is only 58%

Tooltip crit on cyclone doesn't account for Cospri's mod "60% increased critical strike chance against chilled enemies" and also for your Diamond Flask.

My tooltip is ~40% critical on cyclone at hideout without power charges either. With charges and the 2 things i mentioned above that's about 93% really.
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 27, 2018, 1:37:21 AM
"
supersimme wrote:
Where do we get all our movement from? i feel terribly slow early game, any way to use shield charge instead of Flame Dash? Its so pleasing exploding easier content with just shield charge itself.

All the movement speed is basically: 30% movement speed boots, silver flask, Alchemist's quicksilver of adrenaline with good roll (preferably max roll 30%) and Alchemist node wheel for flask effectiveness (and fangs of the viper node).

Since this is a low attack speed build in general, Shield charge might feel slow. If u socket it in with faster attacks maybe it's not too bad. Then you will lose arcane surge too but will get fortify which frees up a gem in the chest. But from my experience, movement speed is always smoother than movement skills.

Let me know how this goes!
Last edited by CheeQu on Dec 27, 2018, 1:54:44 AM
"
Platon wrote:

Currently leveling with this character, and it feels really fun to play! Have right now a little problems with 'one shots' from syndicate, but I hope with level and more hp it will make it easier to take it. Maybe I will try phase acrobatics version? Also have little problems with mana but it's doable, it should be better with level. My resistances rn are 103% for all. My biggest question is, what should I focus on next? Any ideas for upgrades on items, what I can change to make it better etc.? It would be really helpful :)

Check 2-3 posts above this one for solutions to mana problems and please let me know if these help.

I see your gear is pretty good, the next thing would probably be a rare ring like the one in my gear for 20% shock, maybe more life on rest of the gear, or maybe even atziri's acuity for more survivability if you happen to be rich :P
"
korzasa wrote:
Are you 100% sure about the APS for Cyclone not factoring the twice per hit stuff into it? Because lot's of other people just stack as much attack speed as they can and it's always been like that as far as I remember from older coc builds.

Yep, the shaper gif should be enough proof for you :P that was done with 3.7 APS! I believe it's because most people don't know the fact that cyclone hits twice per "attack".
"
deinernst123 wrote:
"
"
deinernst123 wrote:
I am confused about the 3.7 attacks per secound and how you reach them. I only have 12% attack speed on my gloves and a 14% attack speed cospiris and i am already at 3.8 attacks per secound which is way too fast.

Don't get attack speed on gloves, get resists instead! I'm guessing you don't have starkonja's yet either, so if you switch these 2 items maybe you will be at 3.7 as you should. If not link your gear and we can figure it out.

I just recrafted the gloves (bought them with 12 attack speed) and also noticed that i specced into fangs of the viper, so i respecced that node too. With those 2 changes, and a silver flask up, i have exactly 3.7 attacks per secound. Perfect. Only problem that i have is that my tooltip crit on cyclone is only 58%

Fangs of the viper doesnt give attack speed, just movement speed and dexterity. Get that node back in! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info