Duellist obsolete after patch

"
pod11 wrote:
Why dont you post your build.

Mind that "classes" are different only in their starting positions in passive tree.

What people call duelists ist probably just their idea of how its suposed to be build which in most cases is probably fully dex/ critical dual wielder.
than they take those 4-5 defensive skills that are in the path they were building anyways, and they call it a defensive build.

Sure, you could try to survive as a duelist. You can either try to get as much +life/regen and armor passives as you can and focus on strength or try to avoid getting hit by going ranged and using a bow. Basically you'd try to be a marauder or a ranger.

Problem is that you can do those builds better with a ranger or a marauder. Before, duelists could fill a unique roll as a str/dex hybrid melee but that just doesn't work anymore at high levels. There's no real reason to start as a duelist now, hence him being obsolete.
I've the exact same experience regarding the duellist....it's now useless.
Now stuck on lvl50, merciless with good gear.
they should remove the duelist class. Very useless in both default and now even more useless in hardcore
I can't help thinking that GGG made the current patch as hard as it is to expose balancing problems. For the next patches I expect buffs for the classes that get owned now, while those who still hold their ground might get the nerfstick, while overall difficulty gets lowered again.
As people already mentioned, this patch made duelist go either marauder way (HP+armor) or ranger way (ranged). You simply cannot make a melee, high evasion character now, because all it takes to kill you is one bad evasion roll.
Heck, with new items I managed to bump my evade chance to over 50% and guess what? I died two-shotted, because I got bad rolls.
Evasion mechanics is still broken, and the new patched exposed its flaws - big hit+bad roll=death.

I see no point in playing my duelist now, because I wanted a duelist - not a HP-packed marauder or a bow user.
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.
Has anyone tried to make a dual weilding duelist with extra DW block passives and life for survival? That should be the main domain of the duelist and I don't see why that wouldn't be viable now. I haven't leveled one up into Chaos yet though, but this sounds like a good challenge for me. :)
"
Akazukin wrote:
Has anyone tried to make a dual weilding duelist with extra DW block passives and life for survival? That should be the main domain of the duelist and I don't see why that wouldn't be viable now. I haven't leveled one up into Chaos yet though, but this sounds like a good challenge for me. :)

Block is nice and all but when a single hit kills you it really doesn't help much.

As I said you could try to get as much life passives and strength as you can and you might survive two or three hits but at that point you're better off just making a marauder instead.
...But what is the point of playing duellist when your forced to do a carbon copy build of Maurauder in order to survive being 1-hit?

Isen't the whole point of duellist to have high dex+dual weilding capabilities? Is that not the reason we picked duallist in the first place?

i just feel ive wasted considerable time getting him to lvl 51, so close to chaos..for it to rendered useless because i "didnt put enough points in hp+armor."

Last edited by alebakke on Mar 20, 2012, 10:04:49 AM
"
Fwib wrote:
"
Akazukin wrote:

Block is nice and all but when a single hit kills you it really doesn't help much.

As I said you could try to get as much life passives and strength as you can and you might survive two or three hits but at that point you're better off just making a marauder instead.

Exactly. That's why the whole evasion mechanics needs attention and reworking. There were already a few ideas how to implement different evasion systems into the game, without making it armor-with-different-name.

Right now, the only option is to get Iron Reflexes, but it's what I've already said - armor-with-different-name.
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.
I read this thread before posting my question regarding a Duelist Marader build.. It seemed many people were eager to prove that a Duelist is viable in the current patch.. but as I expected, that's just because of the flame-baiting thread title the OP used. Asking for build advice the nice way = 1 person responds.. Flame-bait title = everyone puts in their 2 cents. (Negative Reinforcement FTW!)

Well... If you can't beat em.. join em!

Marauder duelists are the biggest joke. Nobody should play them. Worst class in a video game of all time!

here is a build I was going to use. But I know it's worthless because duelist marauder is worthless and everyone that plays one will die before level 30!

PROVE ME WRONG! Tell me how to adjust this build to add more survivability.
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info