How to survive Chaos as a duelist marauder?

I was a Marauder Point Blank Archer pre-patch (lvl 64), but since we get a full respec, I think I'd like to try another build.

I was thinking a Duel-Wield Marauder with a focus on Duel-Wield block passives and lots of speed/damage of course.

Here is what I came up with (76 points). I'm level 64 and have 74 points to spend now.

Grabbed the +18% armor and regen.. but other than that, I just have Strength, Dex, Accuracy, Damage, Attack Speed, and Duel Wield block (+25% from passives total).

Can I get away with this? I was thinking Molten Shell and a new defensive aura of some sort.. but I would hate to spend all my points and instantly die. It's already going to take me some time to level new gems and find appropriate gear.

Do you see a way I could adjust this to increase my survivability without giving up too much? Do you think I have enough? Obviously the point of Duel Wielding is to kill things fast enough they don't have a chance to hurt you. It seems defense is very important in PoE though. Also, too much dps with not enough def = instant death on reflect mobs.

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated. I'll probably wait until tomorrow to assign these points. I'll just play my witch in the meantime.

Thanks!
" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
a nice and cheap (on mana) defensive aura to get is the dex based evasion rating aura, or the energy shield (int based) aura. Both take only a flat amount of mana so you can easily offset the cost with mana passives, items, ect. You can also grab an armour or life regen aura (both str based) but these take %40 of your max mana each, though it might still be worth it if your running with no shield.

though if you already don't have any energy shield, I wouldn't recommend running the energy shield aura. I find ES best when focused on, or in combo with evasion + block chance to be able to regen during combat.
Interesting. Too bad there isn't an aura that gives a little bit of str based (armor or regen) and a little dex based. It would go well with hybrid builds. I feel like picking either Dex or Str based aura means my aura will be weaker than a pure class with no advantage to counter the disadvantage.

Also, I just read in the mechanics thread, duel wield gives 15% block.. so the additional 25% I'm getting from the passive tree would be 40% total block.
- Qarl
Last edited by Panda413 on Mar 19, 2012, 10:28:44 PM
No thats not the case at all. Gems have much lower requirements then weapons, and even less requirements then armour. As long as you get a fair amount of dex you can keep any pure dex gem leveled up with your character, no problems.
"
Lionguild wrote:
No thats not the case at all. Gems have much lower requirements then weapons, and even less requirements then armour. As long as you get a fair amount of dex you can keep any pure dex gem leveled up with your character, no problems.

I'm confused.

When you said there is a "dex based" aura that gives evasion, I assumed you meant the higher your dex, the more evasion boost you get.

Perhaps it is a fixed evasion boost based on gem level and that is where the confusion is.
- Qarl
I simply meant that the gem was green.
Last edited by Lionguild on Mar 19, 2012, 10:36:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info