Duellist obsolete after patch

There is no need to resort to ad hominem attacks. I mean to be fair, you didn't really address his comments about the dual wield portion of the Duelist tree.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
There is no need to resort to ad hominem attacks. I mean to be fair, you didn't really address his comments about the dual wield portion of the Duelist tree.

Eh he started.

There's really nothing to be said about dual wield because it wasn't changed significantly. It's about defenses.
I understand evasion may be unreliable, but there is a passive converting evasion into armor, how about using that?
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
Dude, don't play like Duelist is all alone here. Rangers die just as fast.

Personally, I believe they should take evasion out and just give us all viable armor...

One or two hits in normal Chaos mob = dead.

One hit Choas boss = way past dead, I'm so dead, i should be a zombie.

Wait, why didn't I think of taking my Ranger and working my way over to the Maurauder part of the tree? doh!

Guess I'll give up on the Ranger and build a Maurauder or Witch. oh wait again, I've not made one of those because they are just well, ucky.

:(
It's all fun and games until someone pokes your eye out!
"
pod11 wrote:
I understand evasion may be unreliable, but there is a passive converting evasion into armor, how about using that?

If I understand correctly, you're proposing something like this:
In order to have fun with duelist/ranger, take evasion-to-armor keystone.

Really? All this giant, unique passive skill tree, and I have no other options to have fun that to just go straight for Iron Reflexes? Can't I use my character like I want it to be? Evading hits, NOT reducing the damage?

The problem is that current monster damage is scaled for e-shield/armor users, who can somewhat offset the changes. But fragile duelist? You cannot predict bad evasion roll, you can however see that you're low on HP, and use a flask. Only if you're not dead already that is, as is often the case with dex classes.
IGN: Neonesis / Violetlight / Sirencurse /... I have too many alts...
I like to hang out in Global sometimes.
Last edited by neonesis on Mar 20, 2012, 7:20:57 PM
You do realize duelist is STRENGTH/dex hybrid and not just dex class , right?
from what i read in this thread many players expect it to be just dex, refuse to invest into strenght " becouse its so non-duelist" and complain that their build doesnt work.

if you only have evasion and not evasion/armor/hp you are doing something wrong already.
"
jpmorgan wrote:
Dude, don't play like Duelist is all alone here. Rangers die just as fast.

Difference here is that rangers are ranged so at least you can kite the mobs and try to avoid taking the damage altogether. As a melee duelist you will take hits, there's no way around it. Of course rangers have problems too but at least you can play around it.

"
You do realize duelist is STRENGTH/dex hybrid and not just dex class , right?
from what i read in this thread many players expect it to be just dex, refuse to invest into strenght " becouse its so non-duelist" and complain that their build doesnt work.

if you only have evasion and not evasion/armor/hp you are doing something wrong already.

My duelist has way more strength than dex and plenty of +life and armor passives, and iron reflexes so it's all armor. You still die in one hit. The only way to survive is to go 100% str and get every +life passive you can, skipping dex completely.
Solution to this problem might be by increasing atack speed of monsters instead of their damage.

this way high evasion would be on equal footing with armor , becouse on multiple atacks it has multiple chance of tiggering.

and since amount of projectile would increas it would also affect rangers more than simply making atacks hit harder.
"
pod11 wrote:
Solution to this problem might be by increasing atack speed of monsters instead of their damage.

this way high evasion would be on equal footing with armor , becouse on multiple atacks it has multiple chance of tiggering.

and since amount of projectile would increas it would also affect rangers more than simply making atacks hit harder.

Well GGG just did the opposite last patch (make monsters attack slower but harder) so I doubt they would just reverse the changes.

Anyway for duelists I think the solution would be to give them a way to survive aside from going the marauder way and stacking str/hp, possibly in the form of a keystone or skill gem (there's iron reflexes but it's not enough). For example a keystone that gives 1 hp for very 5 armor + 5 evasion rating. That way you could get a decent health pool by going hybrid armor/evasion and actually survive (just a random example, not saying this is a good idea or that it would actually be balanced). They just need a unique way to survive without being forced to build like a marauder.
Just for u im gonna make a duelist in hc, with no more than 30 points over in the str side of the tree ^^ would you like me to duel wield or use 1h and shield?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info