Duellist obsolete after patch

"
pod11 wrote:
Solution to this problem might be by increasing atack speed of monsters instead of their damage.

this way high evasion would be on equal footing with armor , becouse on multiple atacks it has multiple chance of tiggering.

and since amount of projectile would increas it would also affect rangers more than simply making atacks hit harder.

This is exactly what needs to be done, and exactly why evasion got broken this patch.
I don't know what they were trying to do this patch aside from upping the difficulty, but instead of just upping the difficulty they made it so that the unreliable evasion mechanism is even more unreliable. If they wanted to up the difficulty, they should have toned down the defensive passives in the tree. In this case, all they did was make them mandatory. With my old duelist build, I pretty much took zero defensive passives besides dual wield blocking, and I was having a plenty difficult time. If I got mobbed by a group or got a few unlucky rolls vs cold damage, I'd be close to dead. In this patch, I AM dead even WITH the defensive passives.
they stated it clearly that they WANT to make defense mandatory.
I have runes, potions and total disregard of public safety.
"
pod11 wrote:
they stated it clearly that they WANT to make defense mandatory.

you mean the only viable builds ^^

It's nice that there is some punishment for being greedy and hogging all the damage skills. However defensive skills are always boring.

If defensive skills were just as attractive or had synergy with some other skill (beyond the 2.0% HP regen etc). Let me give some synergistic skills for block as an example:

Deadly Retaliation:
When the character blocks 5 times with a weapon (DW) or 10 times with a shield he lashes out fiercely doing xxx damage to all monsters around him.
Critical Retaliation:
When the character retaliates he no longer does any damage but instead stuns everything around him for x seconds.

Spell-Cleaver (DW):
The character gains the ability to cleave incoming spell attacks in half based on his block chance (50% damage taken). Additionally the character has a 50% chance to bat the other half of the spell with his second weapon back to the caster dealing 50% of the original damage.
Master Spell-Cleaver:
The character has now a 100% chance to reflect one half of the spell after a successful spell-cleave.
Dreaded Spell-Cleaver:
Instead of dealing back damage the character curses the spell so when it hits the original caster it explodes in an AOE radius of x preventing any affected monsters from casting spells for x amount of seconds. Each reflect now consumes 5% from the character's total maximum mana.
Last edited by corneredreality on Mar 21, 2012, 9:09:58 AM
"
eldragon0 wrote:
Well since there is no relevant build info in this entire thread... I'll contribute ...
I was able to to chaos last patch relatively smoothly I'd die every now and then from a reflect mob by accident. But now its completely impossible.
I'm doing blood rage and flicker strike with ele weakness curse and enduring cry.
With 3 orbs of cry I have 90% dmg rd.
I also have a total of 1500 hp. The instant i get slowed , or find a "deals more dmg" mob I die instantly. The slow lets me tank a bit due to my life leech but that's 2 hits before i die instead of 1. As for the people saying " well get the new gear with better def mods" how will that help anyone who already has 90% damage rd... it won't.

The shown values of physical damage rd, evasion and hit chance in the character info are not very reliable as they all depend on the enemy dmg, hit chance and evasion rating.
Thank you system.
This is my build "DoT" Rapier and Shiled Dulist

I'm a lv66 Dullist , I fought several maelstroms and died many times ,finally I found some conclusions

1. This build dosen't need godly gears.

2. About "passive skills tree".Try to increase attack speed , and "Never" waste your points to reach " +1 Frenzy Charges".Use points to invest in defense, such as increased shield block chance or elements of resistance and even increased life.

2. I use keystone "Iron Reflexes" made my physical damages estimated rates up to 86% , don't hope evasion could help somethigs for you at the present time ,because It was suck and useless.

3. "shield charge" was a good skill to hit the first attack and help me to escape dangerous situations or kite foes

3. I've tried to use "Enfeeble" "Temporal Chains" "Vulnerability" . I am now the case judgment to use "Enfeeble" or "Vulnerability"

4. I used "Chance to Ignite" to increase my DoT ,I don't have "Puncture" gem now , but I think i really need it XD

5. According to my observation When "Viper Strike" critical hit , DoT will be to incresesd , hope this was not the illusion, but it did cause a considerable impact.

I am sorry my English is not good, I have tried several maelstrom of chaos of experience to write out.

Last edited by rogerchtd on Mar 21, 2012, 9:54:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info