Incinerate | 2 totems | CI | 2 curses | Awesome DPS with low gear requirement

Hello

I am interested in this build.

Currently I am struggling with a fire witch summoner lvl57. (merc starting act2)

So, if I would adapt my skill tree to this one I would respec 18 passives

But im not sure how or where should I focus my current 18 passives to have a stable character? (and hopefully not die as often as I am currently)

this is my skill tree

can u plz take a look and recommend

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelDH0NjRB_EVASaRVQFxwc3B8CIvQnqSycNsU22DgbO-E9X0SrSOdJG0myUlNVrlcraxdr22wLbRlxeXNTeLp9GH_GghCESIdlj0aPppLBkyeXhZf0m6GcLZ2un3unCKcrr7e4k7vWv5fAVMHFw23Gnsk90NDYJNrd37Di9-aB6-7sGOxV8WzyHg==

Or, also, does this build rely on good/godly gear?

i currently have a searing touch with the same stats as the one you posted but 4L instead of 5L

other than that i have pretty regular armor.... dont even have a 5L chest, its a 5socket with 250ES

the rest is minion stuff, (like +1 minion circlet and bones of ulrr, i could sell to get a better fire suited gear, i suppose a better ES 5L chest would be best next thing to look for?)
Last edited by jazf on Mar 9, 2013, 11:11:27 AM
"
mariox1011 wrote:
yeah, I'm not sure if it's a projectile, but it seems like one because it's like flame totem

That's because it IS flame totem and suffers from the same problems. All they did was make it more viable for repositioning at the expense of ridiculous amounts of mana.
If you're reading this, I'm probably on another year-long ban.
Thanks GGG.
"
jazf wrote:
Hello

Currently I am struggling with a fire witch summoner lvl57. (merc starting act2)

If you have enough respec points, and are interested in going double totems, I would do something like this http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelDH0NjRB_EVAUsBVQHNwdFB8CIvQnqSycLKc2xTbYOBs5UjowO-FJG0myTm1XK1gHWfNaK2aeaxdsC20Zc1N4un_GghCESIdlj0aSwZMnl4WboZwtn3uj8qcIpyusmK-3uJO71rw3wBrAVMHFw23GntDQ2CTa3d-w4vfmgevu7BjsVfFs99f60g== .

For a searing touch 4L I would take out either faster projectiles or faster casting (based on preferece; one gives more aoe other damages a smaller area faster).

As for the question about needing godly gear, the answer is no. You do not need mana regen, crit, health; The most expensive stats. The gear we are looking for will have just pure spell damage or cast speed. Our end gear will cost nearly nothing compared to a cold crit ice spear or freezing pulse character. So unless you are looking for a six link searing touch, have solace knowing you will be able to gear up very easy end game.
Last edited by mariox1011 on Mar 9, 2013, 4:35:45 PM
"
mariox1011 wrote:
"
jazf wrote:
Hello

If you have enough respec points, and are interested in going double totems, I would do something like this http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelDH0NjRB_EVAUsBVQHNwdFB8CIvQnqSycLKc2xTbYOBs5UjowO-FJG0myTm1XK1gHWfNaK2aeaxdsC20Zc1N4un_GghCESIdlj0aSwZMnl4WboZwtn3uj8qcIpyusmK-3uJO71rw3wBrAVMHFw23GntDQ2CTa3d-w4vfmgevu7BjsVfFs99f60g== .

For a searing touch 4L I would take out either faster projectiles or faster casting (based on preferece; one gives more aoe other damages a smaller area faster).

As for the question about needing godly gear, the answer is no. You do not need mana regen, crit, health; The most expensive stats. The gear we are looking for will have just pure spell damage or cast speed. Our end gear will cost nearly nothing compared to a cold crit ice spear or freezing pulse character. So unless you are looking for a six link searing touch, have solace knowing you will be able to gear up very easy end game.

no CI ?

I just respecced 14 passives and spent them on ES while still have 3 passives to locate,

because i had 1100ES With auras with 600health with that build.
now i have 1700ES and will try out how i fare now.

my build now looks like this
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelDH0QfxFQEmkVUBccHNwfAiepLJwspjLRNsU22DdmN4M4GzvhPI49X0SrSRtJslJTVa5XK20ZcXlzU3i6f8aCEIRIh2WPRo-mkyeXhZuhnC2drp97oqOm66cIpyuvt7iTu9bBxcHzw23GntDQ2CTa3d-w4vfmgeq66-7sGOxV8Ww=

and was thinking id be headed towards the elem/fire bonuses/res from the (to the left, the ones you put in your build...) before going to the dual totem.....

CI is only really needed in merciless when the poison clouds and snakes will one shot you by having -60% chaos resist so I would get it if I were you, that's my bad on not looking at your level.

My build so far (level 51) is

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHYwelDH0QfxFQFLAVUBbzHRQfAiycLKcvnTbFNtg5UjowO-FJG0myTm1XK1gHWBtZ81orZp5tGX_GghCHZY9Gm6GcLaKjo_KnCKcrrJivt7J1uJO71rw3wBrAVMHzxp7Q0NWB2CTa3d-w4vfmgevu7FXxbPfX-tI=
Last edited by mariox1011 on Mar 9, 2013, 8:20:37 PM
I'm doing your build :)

Will update how it works out. I did made a slight adjustment to the passive skill tree so i could pick the +ES nodes introduced in the recent patch.
Updated guide for new patch and put more information
"
HiddenoO wrote:
"
mariox1011 wrote:
I was under the impression that each stage would multiply the damage by 1.8 such as:
DPS: 10.98/.106~ = ~103 (Stage 1) | 185 (Stage 2) | 334 (Stage 3) | 601 (Stage 4)

I'm not sure which calculation is right but if the first one is correct, there wouldn't be much point in using incinerate spell totem besides the fast that it costs nearly no mana.

"Adds 80% more Damage for each stage" is what the gem tooltip says so that's what makes the most sense (as in 0% more Damage -> 80% more Damage -> 160% more Damage -> 240% more Damage), haven't tested it though.

"More" has been described in the mechanics thread as always being multiplicitive and seperate, meaning each stage is then multiplied by 1.8.

through testing(unless it has a visual glitch), i have found that it is...

(((Base Damage * 1.8) * 1.8) * 1.8)

this means roughly 5 times damage in the end,

It took 15 stage 1 incinerates to kill a mob,

I then killed the same type of mob by charging up incinerate first, then moving it into them. They died intantly, in what visually appeared to be 3 ticks of damage. This also makes sense because 20% damage efficiency is 1/5th normal damage, which means at stage 4, roughly 5 times damage, its basically 100% damage efficiency.

5 x 3 = 15 of my base damage
1 x 15 = 15 of my base damage

The number of hits works out to make the above true
"
trenan wrote:

"More" has been described in the mechanics thread as always being multiplicitive and seperate, meaning each stage is then multiplied by 1.8.

I then killed the same type of mob by charging up incinerate first, then moving it into them. They died intantly, in what visually appeared to be 3 ticks of damage. This also makes sense because 20% damage efficiency is 1/5th normal damage, which means at stage 4, roughly 5 times damage, its basically 100% damage efficiency.

This is what makes incinerate's damage so godly. by stage 4 the strongest of mobs will be melting with almost 6x damage.
"
mariox1011 wrote:
"
trenan wrote:

This is what makes incinerate's damage so godly. by stage 4 the strongest of mobs will be melting with almost 6x damage.

Yes, this is also why added damage gems are hands down the absolute best damage increase of Incinerate.

Added Cold Gem, Added Choas Gem, and Added Lightning Gem will be doing....

Assuming 50 top end damage(I have nearly achived it at level 13 gems, so pretty sure this is doable)

50 damage stage 1, and .1 cast speed = 500 dps
500 dps stage 1 = 2500 dps Stage 4
2500 DPS Stage 4 with Elemental Weakness, and Shock Stacks = ???? like what, 5-7k DPS?

THATS PER GEM

5-7k DPS per gem, x3 = 15k DPS + the 7k DPS Incinerates fire damage is doing....

Potentially 20k+ if not 30k DPS....

Take that 30k DPS, reduce it by 20% for LMP, LMP Shotgun with 3 Added Damage Gems... 70k DPS....
Last edited by trenan on Mar 14, 2013, 9:42:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info