Incinerate | 2 totems | CI | 2 curses | Awesome DPS with low gear requirement

well, you also need to factor in the damage effectiveness of 20% for the gems.
But you make a good point in showing how the damage could be even more insane. I'll have to try this out, currently leveling added lightning and chaos :).
"
mariox1011 wrote:
But you make a good point in showing how the damage could be even more insane. I'll have to try this out, currently leveling added lightning and chaos :).

Uh... i was already factoring in the 20% efficiency. My rank 13 lightning gem already does over 30 damage at stage 1, and eventually will be increased by about another 50% spell damage from passives, not to mention the higher scaling gem ranks.

I could possibly even push the final damage of the gems to like 70, granting another 5-10k dps.

without the 20% the gems would do like 250 damage at stage 1 instead of the 50 I stated.

Gems are increased by fire/cold/lightning/elemental/spell damage, meaning you can push them much higher than the damage stated on the gem itself.

This is why Tri-Elemental is so stupidly powerful with incinerate.
Last edited by trenan on Mar 14, 2013, 10:06:28 PM
"
trenan wrote:
"
mariox1011 wrote:

Uh... i was already factoring in the 20% efficiency. My rank 13 lightning gem already does over 30 damage at stage 1, and eventually will be incrased by about another 50% spell damage from passives, not to mention the higher scaling damage ranks.

I could possibly even push the final damage of the gems to like 70, granting another 5-10k dps.

without the 20% the gems would do like 250 damage at stage 1 instead of the 50 I stated.

Gems are increased by fire/cold/lightning/elemental/spell damage, meaning you can push them much higher than the damage stated on the gem itself.

well, the wiki says a level 20 added lightning damage adds 5–101 damage. 20% dmg effectiveness is 10.6 lightning damage on average per cast. so, assuming you cast 10 times per second you're doing 106 dps with an added lightning damage at level 20 at stage one then about 617 dps with added lightning damage at stage 4 (this is without spell totem's 40% dmg reduction and lmp/gmp's dmg reduction). If I did something wrong show me, thanks.
"
mariox1011 wrote:
"
trenan wrote:
"
mariox1011 wrote:

Uh... i was already factoring in the 20% efficiency. My rank 13 lightning gem already does over 30 damage at stage 1, and eventually will be incrased by about another 50% spell damage from passives, not to mention the higher scaling damage ranks.

well, the wiki says a level 20 added lightning damage adds 5–101 damage. 20% dmg effectiveness is 10.6 lightning damage on average per cast. so, assuming you cast 10 times per second you're doing 106 dps with an added lightning damage at level 20 at stage one then about 617 dps with added lightning damage at stage 4 (this is without spell totem's 40% dmg reduction and lmp/gmp's dmg reduction). If I did something wrong show me, thanks.

You did...
Simply add and remove a piece of Increased Spell Damage gear, and see what happens to the damage to added lightning on the tooltip of Incinerate.

You will notice that it goes down/up when you add/remove the gear.

My added lightning damage currently does twice the stated gem damage.

As I mentioned above, the Added Damage gems base damage is increased by Spell/Elemental/fire/cold/lightning damage.

My final build puts my total lightning increase at 266%, with the current gear im currently wearing.

That means the gem will do max 370 lightning damage at 100% efficiency at level 20.

370 * 20% = 74 lightning damage per incinerate tick.

74 Lightning Damage, 10 times per second = 740 dps, stage 1

740 DPS at stage 4 = 3700 DPS; without Shock stacks, elemental weakness or anything else that would buff my damage.
thanks trenan for your input. I've been messin around with added lightning dmg + chaos and it is ramping up the damage a lot. I'll update the guide soon
"
mariox1011 wrote:
thanks trenan for your input. I've been messin around with added lightning dmg + chaos and it is ramping up the damage a lot. I'll update the guide soon

Glad to help, I enjoy some good theory crafting.

Here is the build I made to maximize the added damage gems, and keep added lightning/cold damage gems high enough to still apply shocks and freeze effects during late game.

I personally do not think it is possible to get incinerates damage higher than this.

Build:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAP0FWwdjDkgRLxFQEZYUsBXXF1AXVBpsHwIigSlPLJwsvy0fNsU22DlSOjA62DvhRKtG10kbTC1N2E5tTrpVrlZjVytYB13GXypgbWe9bRlzU3RVdhF8zn5Zfq9_xoIQgh6Cm4auh2WIQohri3qLjIx2jRmOPI-mmZqboZwtna6eoacIpyusmK-br7e1BLb3u9a8N8BUwcXB88Nt14bYJNrd3Yzd89-w4BLhc-L344TkIuaB62Pr5OwY7DjsVe0g7m_xbPId99c=

I am expecting no less than 25,000-30,000 DPS on Incinerate(without LMP), and that is really dipping into the low end of all the numbers. This is also without calculating in the frenzy stacks from Blood Rage I will be using once I go CI.

The survivability isn't great, its only like 175% ES increase, but I only have 150% on my shadow, and that was more than plenty on a ranged character. Also you get a passive +45% resist to all elements, which is pretty awesome if you ask me.
Last edited by trenan on Mar 15, 2013, 1:14:22 AM
Just rolled this toon. It's hilarious, loving incinerate <3

How would you prioritize the support gems in low-ish levels? I "only" have a 5L Searing Touch right now. Was trying added cold and lightning first, but I feel like faster casting is too important to skip. I'm guessing the added dmg gems need some levels before they really start to have a big impact.

Also would love to run Projectile Speed, but there simply is no room for it :/
"
Unimatrix wrote:
Just rolled this toon. It's hilarious, loving incinerate <3

How would you prioritize the support gems in low-ish levels? I "only" have a 5L Searing Touch right now. Was trying added cold and lightning first, but I feel like faster casting is too important to skip. I'm guessing the added dmg gems need some levels before they really start to have a big impact.

Also would love to run Projectile Speed, but there simply is no room for it :/

Getting a quality incinerate is great because it increases projectile speed by a lot. This will ease not using faster projeciles. This is how I would prioritize the supports

spell totem > gmp/lmp > lightning > faster casting > cold

Last edited by mariox1011 on Mar 16, 2013, 12:37:04 AM
I currently run EK totems, considering trying incinerate.

What's the dps look like in the tooltip? I can generally make some assumptions from there.

I do have doubt it will pass EK in dps though..
"
TadaceAce wrote:
I currently run EK totems, considering trying incinerate.

What's the dps look like in the tooltip? I can generally make some assumptions from there.

I do have doubt it will pass EK in dps though..

tooltip says 623 dps with gmp attached. so at the final stage it'll be doing 3614-18073 dps depending on how many projectiles are hitting the target. My gear is decent, not anything amazing. Also the shock it applies will occasionally boost it higher. so maybe around 2.2k-33k dps(per totem) depending on how resistant the mob is to elemental dmg, how close they are to the totem, and the stage you're at.
Last edited by mariox1011 on Mar 16, 2013, 2:35:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info