Incinerate | 2 totems | CI | 2 curses | Awesome DPS with low gear requirement

For high level maps, this build needs a strong CCer. (penta/quad curser, ele prolif ice spear, shockwave totems with blind, etc..)
Gameplay vid for those wondering what it's like. I'll record some 75-77s soon.
Spoiler
sorry it has no sound, I couldn't figure out how to record sound :(
you'll have to play ur own music.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttEjHPU2dT4

This build will provide pure dps aimed at melting down groups of enemies or even bosses.

Rough skill build; You'll have to tailor it to your play style or resistance needs.

*After using searing touch, I can say it's great at low levels but lacks when it comes to end game a lot of your damage will be coming from added damage gems.

auras : discipline, purity, and haste (dex cap) linked with reduced mana
Clarity isn't needed. Use mana potions.

Use frost wall and put it right in front of ranged mobs so they won't be able to do any damage and your incinerate totems will still be able to hit though it since they are always piercing. You may attach increased duration and faster casting if you feel it's necessary.
-Frost wall placement pic
Spoiler

curses : Elemental weakness/enfeeble . This isn't a support spec so we won't get double curse. If you're soloing maps carry a doedre's damning to swap out for a boss fight.

Support gems for incinerate
sixth gem will prob be added chaos/cold. I haven't tried it myself.

Explanation on each support gem choice:

Spell totem: without it, you'd have to invest almost all your points into mana and mana regen to be able to cast for an extended duration. Totems also increase your survivability by a huge margin because you don't have to be up in the action, and you can cast frost wall/curses while they are goin' HAM.

Added lightning damage: Good damage boost. Added damage gems have a 100% damage effectiveness at the last stage. Does a bad job at shocking.

LMP/GMP: makes the aoe very large and against single targets you can "shotgun" the mob by placing the totem right in front of it, making all projectiles hit it.

faster casting: faster casts = more damage and faster ramp up time.

I'll populate the pros/cons as I come across them
Pros:
-very cheap to summon totem (will only be around 80 mana at level 20 incinerate)

-Awesome dps

-cheaper end game gear

Cons:
-Might lag some group members.

-Very mana costly early game; To counter this I don't use incinerate until i pick up a spell totem and instead level with firestorm or freezing pulse. Or ele cleave.

-Weak against large caster ranged groups without CC. You'll have to use a frost wall in front of your totems to protect em or be in a group that has good CC.

Gear priority list
Capped resistances
Energy shield
A healthy mix of cast speed and spell damage.
Projectile speed to lengthen your torrents.
Dex for traps/haste

Anything that deals with crit or igniting is completely useless with incinerate because it has a 0% chance to crit (10% with crit weakness) and incinerate does very little burning damage.

Pic of what the game play looks like.
Spoiler

Bandits
Normal: kill all
Cruel: help alira
Merc: Kill all
Last edited by mariox1011 on Aug 7, 2013, 8:08:15 PM
Are you sure it is a projectile?

Anyway spell totems definitely seem like the obvious choice, given the more damage the longer you stay still mechanic. We'll have to wait and see exactly how it works to know for sure how to build around it.

If it is a projectile, then like freezing pulse I doubt increased AoE support will work with it. You'll probably want either faster projectiles to lengthen the stream of fire, or fire penetration to help the damage.

If it isn't a projectile, then it is probably a lousy skill nobody will use (hint for GGG: projectile support skills are OP - or maybe others are under powered), but if one wanted to try, I suppose you'd support with increased AoE, fire penetration, cast speed, and spell totem.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Mar 6, 2013, 5:51:27 AM
yeah, I'm not sure if it's a projectile, but it seems like one because it's like flame totem
Last edited by mariox1011 on Mar 6, 2013, 2:20:00 PM
updated build
It says on the gem "Fire, Projectile, Spell" would that not make it a projectile?
yes it is a projectile, hence the reason for using faster projectiles to make it larger :)
hi guys,

i was thinking about a same build with dual incinerate totems and dual curse, but i wanted to use more ignite and burning damage. After observing the Incinerate gem, it seems that crit does not effekt the spell. So it would not making sense to build on crit for a higher ignite chance...
I think to focus on spelldmg/firedmg/fastercast is the right way to increase dmg. The searing touch is nice for leveling, but I will replace it after lvl 60 because no need of increased burning dmg.

Correct me if i am wrong & what do you think about?
Last edited by Norec on Mar 8, 2013, 8:08:42 AM
@the build: you don't need to go over power siphon node. I think 6% fire damage nodes are weak when they aren't connected to something very strong (see Templar Tree)... however, the Base Mana Cost of one cast is low itself, so it should be better than +10 Int for Totem Users.
The problem is: can Totems get the next damage stage? Do you need to stand still for it?

@Norec: your Base damage of one cast is low. So you only get really weak Burning Damage, it's not really an option for this skill.
"
hubey wrote:
@the build: you don't need to go over power siphon node. I think 6% fire damage nodes are weak when they aren't connected to something very strong (see Templar Tree)... however, the Base Mana Cost of one cast is low itself, so it should be better than +10 Int for Totem Users.
The problem is: can Totems get the next damage stage? Do you need to stand still for it?

@Norec: your Base damage of one cast is low. So you only get really weak Burning Damage, it's not really an option for this skill.

Yes totems can reach the next stages and you do not have to stand still.

Also, updated build thanks for pointing that out.
Last edited by mariox1011 on Mar 8, 2013, 12:57:15 PM
"
howee93 wrote:
It says on the gem "Fire, Projectile, Spell" would that not make it a projectile?

Yeah, we just hadn't seen the gem yet when the thread first went up :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info