[3.7 HC | Video Guide] Armageddon Brand Trickster/Chieftain | big IGNITES | uber elder viable

"
Alikanji wrote:
Hey thanks for the build! Currently lvling this after ripping my previous character. I have a quick question though, did you try Flammability? You lose out on some EHP with MoM but the damage should be pretty good don't you think? Thanks anyway for all the answers you provided before, that's very informative!

if you can get an amulet with +1 additional curse i'd consider it. you can easily test in pob with my pastebin.
but i never would give up my cwdt - enfeeble setup.
Last edited by Shaarq on Jan 9, 2019, 3:10:50 PM
Wouldn't it be better to use Izaro Turnoil jewel's with perfect rolls, instead of rare jewels? 25% to fire damage per jewel, three slot's in the tree, it gives 75% to fire damage and 6% to ignite
"
Uber elder down, thanks for the guide. very tanky, I made a few upgrades and added flamethrower trap 6l to my helm but It probably wasnt even necessary.

I want to copy your changes to the build for softcore.

Could you explain your helmet and gloves gem setup and what you would do without the elder/shaper items?

Should I use the same gems?
"
Shaarq wrote:
"
Sylmar wrote:
Why use EE in tree and this ring?

i only took EE for simulation on tree, cuz malachai ring apparently doesn't work in pob, or i'm just too silly xD

You can enable EE under the "Map Modifiers and Player Debuffs" section in configuration in PoB
"
Knuet wrote:
"
Uber elder down, thanks for the guide. very tanky, I made a few upgrades and added flamethrower trap 6l to my helm but It probably wasnt even necessary.

Could you explain your helmet and gloves gem setup and what you would do without the elder/shaper items?

He said the flamethrower setup wasn‘t even necessary. .
You can craft this helmet on your own, but its pretty hard though. First you need an elder based helmet.
Then there are 2 viable options to craft it:

Option1: scorched & pristine fossils
or
Option2: Essence of Horror

(Option3: buy it)
"
MasterBoim wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to use Izaro Turnoil jewel's with perfect rolls, instead of rare jewels? 25% to fire damage per jewel, three slot's in the tree, it gives 75% to fire damage and 6% to ignite

Nope, double damage rare jewels are way better. You can also get life and or resistances, which frees up suffixes on your gear to get even more -increased fire damage rolls...
"
Shaarq wrote:
"
Knuet wrote:
"

He said the flamethrower setup wasn‘t even necessary. .
You can craft this helmet on your own, but its pretty hard though. First you need an elder based helmet.
Then there are 2 viable options to craft it:

Option1: scorched & pristine fossils
or
Option2: Essence of Horror

(Option3: buy it)

Actually I don't bother using pristines because they're like 4c where as scorched are 1 alch each so I buy them in bulk 3:1c and spam them with primitive alch resonators. the base can be expensive. you're looking for flammability(burning damage is useless because flamethrower trap can't do ignite) because we have ignite from arma brand and conc effect is always nice for traps. If you land -9 resists even better, then you can just craft 70 life from the masters if you don't land it. Also I'm selling helms with the same mods for a few ex as well if you're interested.

For the gloves just get life and +1 traps, if you can get mana even better. The gloves are pretty cheap and the crafting the helm shouldn't be too hard, but I also enjoy fossil crafting and do it for profit, I made like 200 ex last season just crafting opal and steel rings.

But yeah for the base I try to aim for ilvl 82 elder helms with arma brand enchants which range between 40c-1ex depending on the market ( it'not really that great but hey its better than nothing) str or dex bases are the best because we don't want to run into es/int rolls if we can avoid it.
Last edited by supersaiyajinjesus on Jan 10, 2019, 3:38:56 PM
Hey, I've been playing around with this build as a league starter. First of all, I love it! Secondly, I'd like to hear your thoughts on dropping the celestial judgement/punishment nodes and spiritual command and replacing them with the fire clusters Heart of flame, Breath of flames and taking that cruel preparation instead of devotion as a natural consequence of this path. PoB seems to prefer this over the ones you chose. What do you think?
"
iprounub wrote:
Hey, I've been playing around with this build as a league starter. First of all, I love it! Secondly, I'd like to hear your thoughts on dropping the celestial judgement/punishment nodes and spiritual command and replacing them with the fire clusters Heart of flame, Breath of flames and taking that cruel preparation instead of devotion as a natural consequence of this path. PoB seems to prefer this over the ones you chose. What do you think?

i don't like this idea, it isn't that efficient as my way.
"
Shaarq wrote:

I mentioned it now at least 10 times in this thread xD if you take spiritual aif and spiritual command on passive tree, they also effect you! That means dmg and cast/attack speed for minions also apply to all your spells, attacks or totems. Just read the node :-)

Just want to point out Spiritual Command does not give Cast Speed, only Attack Speed. I cut this branch out for more efficient damage nodes like Fire Walker.

Thanks for the build been playing this SSF and its worked out better than anything else I've played.
Last edited by dchew on Jun 5, 2021, 4:01:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info