[3.7 HC | Video Guide] Armageddon Brand Trickster/Chieftain | big IGNITES | uber elder viable

3.7. Changes
Chieftain is now at least on par with trickster, try it out!
Pob Chieftain: https://pastebin.com/CTZQRdBP

Video Guide:
[Video Guide] Armageddon Brand Trickster | ignite based | all content
feel free to ask questions and leave Feedback for improvement

Pob: https://pastebin.com/in1TDZ3U
(i only took EE for simulating on tree, cuz malachai apperently doesn't work in pob)

"
Uber elder down, thanks for the guide. very tanky, I made a few upgrades and added flamethrower trap 6l to my helm but It probably wasnt even necessary.

"
HOGM down deathless as well, first HOGM completion for me lol.

The Guide also includes gameplay footage:
[Video Guide] Armageddon Brand Trickster | ignite based | all content

Twitch Shaarq --> if u wanna see some live action.

Current gear:

Gear in general:
Spoiler

We start gear section with weapon slot.
Balefire sceptre is the way to go… as i’ve already mentioned at the beginning, it provides you with a lvl25 scorching ray, which is really good damage. But the appealing part comes now. With 3.5 they’ve introduced a support skill Multiple totems. It allows us, when also linked with spell totem, to cast 2 totems with one cast. Additionally you can also cast a third one.
So you should have your debuff stacks from scorching ray nearly all the time. Scorching ray beams also stack, means you can take scorching rays damage times 3 for your effective dps. It’s fucking great!

Now comes the good part, every other piece is rare and no uniques are required to get started.
So you have the opportunity to also get mana and chaos resistances on all your gear. I highly recommend at least positive Chaos res for Betrayal encounters.

And another bro tip, if you take MoM for defense, then also invest in mana proactive. MoM feels shit, if you don’t invest into it!

An alternative for endgame bossing is to use the revamped malachai ring, which provide you EE, put in Orb of storms or storm brand and fine...

So to sum it up, first goal should be ele weakness cap. That’s at least 109 Resistance of any Element.
So on your rares you aim for life, mana, chaos, res, ele res and fire damage if possible.

For jewels you take life, damage over time and or preferably increased burning damage.
So and here is my Flask setup, pretty basic stuff.

6 link
Armageddon Brand - Combustion - Burning Damage - Deadly Ailments - Swift Affliction - Ignite Proliferation

Balefire Setup
Spell Totem - Multiple Totem - Burning Damage

4 Link
Cwdt - Immortal call - Increased Duration - Enfeeble

2 Link
Vaal Grace - Increased Duration

3 Link
Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Brand Recall

3 Link
Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify

single
Stone Golem

For leveling i used Frost bomb and Explosive trap. At level 12 i switched to storm brand and blade vortex. I used Blade vortex for single target the entire leveling period. At level 28 grab armageddon brand, it’s also great for leveling. Rush all newly added brand nodes and Elemental overload. After you feel squishy specc into MoM and you’re good to go...

Ascendancy
The obvious choice is trickster for this kind of build. That’s at least my opinion. There are several reasons for it which i’ll try to explain now.
Armageddon brand with brand recall combo provides a new and fresh gameplay experience in POE.
But it doesn’t feel that great without any Cast Speed or Attack speed. That’s one of the reasons beside a large mana pool and a more damage multiplier for dots that i’ve picked Trickster.

Patient Reaper is a great pick for Normal Lab!
Beside damage it provides us with tons of regen for Life, ES and also Mana sustain. Not many people are aware of how powerful this node is also for endgame mapping, my HP and Mana pool recover nearly instant, if i’ve killed mobs recently because the 70% increased Recovery rate is basically a multiplier for every additional flat regen you can get. And that’s really insane!

Prolonged Pain is pure damage, basically a more damage multiplier

Merciless i picked Weave the Arcane, such a great note too… what can i say more about it…. attack speed, cast speed, tons of increased mana for MoM, and additional mana recovery… i mean. I am in love with trickster

And last but not least Swift killer for Frenzy Charge sustain and damage. You even make use of Power charges too, because you higher your crit chance and therefore more elemental overload sustain.

Pantheons
Pantheons i chose Soul of Lunaris, Gruthkul. Especially Gruthkul upgrade provides us with a mini temporal chains which is really nice because it stacks with Aspect of the Spider.

Bandits: kill ALL
Last edited by Shaarq on Jul 26, 2019, 6:55:46 AM
Last bumped on Sep 4, 2019, 3:14:47 PM
Having a lot of fun with this so far. Very unique.
"

thx
"

thx
why not pick runebinder node? just started this build with a friend so I hope it works well :) still torn between elementalist, occultist and this one :) i liked this one coz its unique and im sick of elementalist meta .P
"
Hollycz wrote:
why not pick runebinder node? just started this build with a friend so I hope it works well :) still torn between elementalist, occultist and this one :) i liked this one coz its unique and im sick of elementalist meta .P

because you can only apply 1 ignite per mob. you could play around with emberwake ring, but it isn't that great tbh. if you'd take runebinder, you also have only scorching ray totems (roughly 80k dps less).
Why use EE in tree and this ring?
Does the +trap/mine damage on your chest benefit armageddon brand? Also guardian/shaper/elder viable?
Last edited by iVisionary on Dec 22, 2018, 4:55:02 PM
"
Sylmar wrote:
Why use EE in tree and this ring?

i only took EE for simulation on tree, cuz malachai ring apparently doesn't work in pob, or i'm just too silly xD
"
iVisionary wrote:
Does the +trap/mine damage on your chest benefit armageddon brand? Also guardian/shaper/elder viable?

Unfortunately not, i hoped for +aoe gems. And yes, definitely viable, i do it on hc this league.
Last edited by Shaarq on Dec 23, 2018, 3:15:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info